WXV Round 11 - Cobras/Armadillos and Suns/Spetsnaz clash

Started by ossie85, April 13, 2013, 02:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 16, 2013, 08:43:21 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2013, 08:09:48 PM
Ok.. Moscow have arrived! And have knocked off Buenos Aires, Moscow and now... Mexico City! The Suns hadn't lost since last year's qualifying final.
Moscow beating themselves doesn't sound good :P.

And nice to see our reserves also won a close match!

lol - fixed, meant to say Cape Town

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on June 16, 2013, 08:44:09 PM
Although we are bad now just look at the young ruck stocks of the Islanders.

Leuey, Longer, Witts, Nicholls

:o :o :o

Nicholls for Danny Stanley?

You need a decent defender.  ;)

Jay

Quote from: NigeyS on June 16, 2013, 08:52:59 PM
Quote from: Jayman on June 16, 2013, 08:44:09 PM
Although we are bad now just look at the young ruck stocks of the Islanders.

Leuey, Longer, Witts, Nicholls

:o :o :o

Nicholls for Danny Stanley?

You need a decent defender.  ;)
talk to me at EOS ;)

Decent defender? Nah we have plenty... Ummm Jaensch? Luke Brown? Daniel Talia?

Ok you got me, we need a decent defender :P

Nails

Nice to see us smash a top 4 hopeful even if our reserves couldn't score a rushed behind

Nails

Quote from: Sid on June 16, 2013, 07:45:52 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2013, 07:43:34 PM
I still don't understand Sid - in no other round you can choose. Basically the options are you name them, or you don't. It sounds like you are proposing a third option - they don't play, they play one round or they play another.

Each AFL team plays 22 matches, but wxv only lasts 21 rounds. Whatever way it goes, you have to miss one of these.

Really happy to discuss, but don't agree with that logic.
Fair enough, just thought I'd suggest it as it seemed strange to me.

Your way could get flowered up though Ax

What happens if you pick a player for 2nd round then isn't named 2nd round or is a late withdrawal what happens then? Emergency?

Also re: Dayne Beams

It's easy, you just name him. That's why you have 5 emergencies. If you know your emergencies will play, just name a mid emergency to cover Beams or play Beams as an emergency.. Therefore if Beams is named you get his score, if not you already know you have an emergency. That's why I named Daniel Cross despite the fact he hasn't played for like 5 weeks.

roo boys!

Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2013, 08:52:10 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on June 16, 2013, 08:43:21 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2013, 08:09:48 PM
Ok.. Moscow have arrived! And have knocked off Buenos Aires, Moscow and now... Mexico City! The Suns hadn't lost since last year's qualifying final.
Moscow beating themselves doesn't sound good :P.

And nice to see our reserves also won a close match!

lol - fixed, meant to say Cape Town
And Toronto in a thriller :(

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Nails on June 16, 2013, 09:18:58 PM
Quote from: Sid on June 16, 2013, 07:45:52 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2013, 07:43:34 PM
I still don't understand Sid - in no other round you can choose. Basically the options are you name them, or you don't. It sounds like you are proposing a third option - they don't play, they play one round or they play another.

Each AFL team plays 22 matches, but wxv only lasts 21 rounds. Whatever way it goes, you have to miss one of these.

Really happy to discuss, but don't agree with that logic.
Fair enough, just thought I'd suggest it as it seemed strange to me.

Your way could get flowered up though Ax

What happens if you pick a player for 2nd round then isn't named 2nd round or is a late withdrawal what happens then? Emergency?

Also re: Dayne Beams

It's easy, you just name him. That's why you have 5 emergencies. If you know your emergencies will play, just name a mid emergency to cover Beams or play Beams as an emergency.. Therefore if Beams is named you get his score, if not you already know you have an emergency. That's why I named Daniel Cross despite the fact he hasn't played for like 5 weeks.

I did the above for Pavlich, Rioli and Lobbe (had nothing to lose naming Lobbe). Pav + Rioli didn't play, but had Casboult/Jones named in emergencies to cover. Probably best way to do it to see about players playing 2nd week.

ossie85

I noticed Cooney running around in the 2s also, wouldn't have mattered to the result, but is definitely the right way to go

CrowsFan

I also named Gunston even though he had been injured. Played and scored 100 8)

My Chumps

Quote from: ossie85 on June 17, 2013, 02:08:19 PM

I noticed Cooney running around in the 2s also, wouldn't have mattered to the result, but is definitely the right way to go
Yeah, stupid me forgot that he would be back by then. Scored well too :(