WXV Round 11 - Cobras/Armadillos and Suns/Spetsnaz clash

Started by ossie85, April 13, 2013, 02:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Sid on June 16, 2013, 07:21:02 PM
Macrae had a great last quarter but there were no SC points there to be won. :(

Well done Purps.

@ Os, any possibility that for the byes next year we can nominate which round we want the score from a player that is going to play both weeks? Just kind of thinking out loud, but it can't be denied luck plays a part in the current system which could be construed as a flaw.

Hi Sid - I don't understand that logic at all. Each round has an element of luck to it. Why is the split different? Nominating a round wouldn't eliminate that luck....

Jukes

D: Shaw 147, Dixon 50, Murphy 118*, Hombsch 93
M: Griffen (c) 129x2*, Ward 92, Fyfe 77, Treloar 124
R: Naitanui (vc) 109
F: Martin 126, Monfries 112, Darling 79, Adams 67
U: Seedsman 65, Thomas 97

*pre-scaling

Total: 1614 :D :D :D

AFEV

Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2013, 07:25:28 PM
Quote from: Sid on June 16, 2013, 07:21:02 PM
Macrae had a great last quarter but there were no SC points there to be won. :(

Well done Purps.

@ Os, any possibility that for the byes next year we can nominate which round we want the score from a player that is going to play both weeks? Just kind of thinking out loud, but it can't be denied luck plays a part in the current system which could be construed as a flaw.

Hi Sid - I don't understand that logic at all. Each round has an element of luck to it. Why is the split different? Nominating a round wouldn't eliminate that luck....
Well for example.

Say Rd 11 and 12 are just regular rounds with 9 games played.

In round 11, I don't want to play Dyson Heppell because he is playing Carlton and they tend to use several taggers on opposition midfielders. Being a damaging player when loose, but definitely very 'taggable' he seems like a prime target for MM.

So he sits out for round 11.

Now in round 12, he is playing GC. GC tend to use less taggers and he has a nice record against them, averaging 86 against them over his career.

Makes complete logical sense that we should be able to choose who we play him against. It's a tactical decision.

This is how it works for every round except for the bye weeks. It just doesn't quite make sense to me.

This season I probably would have opted to have the Rd 12 games from McKenzie, Heppell, Cloke and Giles (off the top of my head) because of less taggers, weaker direct opposition, weaker team opposition etc.

Also, say...Dayne Beams. He didn't play for Collingwood in round 11 due to injury, so naturally you don't name him. He gets named in round 12, so you bring him back in, right? Not in the bye rounds you don't.

ossie85

I still don't understand Sid - in no other round you can choose. Basically the options are you name them, or you don't. It sounds like you are proposing a third option - they don't play, they play one round or they play another.

Each AFL team plays 22 matches, but wxv only lasts 21 rounds. Whatever way it goes, you have to miss one of these.

Really happy to discuss, but don't agree with that logic.

AFEV

I G Birchall (210)
II D Heppell (108)
III T McKenzie (114)
IV B Smith (94)
V K Stevens (70)
VI D Prestia (113)
VII T Liberatore (108)
VIII A Gaff (66)
IX M Pyke (62)
X T Cloke (76)
XI J Jenkins (33)
XII A Christensen (100)
XIII H Crozier (20)
XIV J Macrae (66)
XV J Giles (116)

EMERGENCIES

I LATE INCLUSION
II S McKernan (76)
III J Batchelor (DNP)
IV M Morton (55)
V N Kommer (47)

LATE CHANGES: Giles in for Greene.

1376/15.

Crozier sub really hurt us.
7 guys hitting the ton (8 including the C) and we still couldn't get to 1400. Really need the guys that don't get 100+ to get 80s instead of 50s...
Looking forward to getting some of our better players back, our injury list is looking long at the moment, and our depth is kind of getting exposed.

AFEV

Quote from: ossie85 on June 16, 2013, 07:43:34 PM
I still don't understand Sid - in no other round you can choose. Basically the options are you name them, or you don't. It sounds like you are proposing a third option - they don't play, they play one round or they play another.

Each AFL team plays 22 matches, but wxv only lasts 21 rounds. Whatever way it goes, you have to miss one of these.

Really happy to discuss, but don't agree with that logic.
Fair enough, just thought I'd suggest it as it seemed strange to me.

ossie85

I would be happier with the average of the two rounds... But even that is problematic

My Chumps

Young Cameron O'Shea showing awesome signs for the future with a 120. It's all about developement :P

Justin Bieber

PNL Reindeers

Back: J. Harbrow (114), D. Myers (69), L. McPharlin (89), M. Williams (78).
Mids: M. Priddis (VC) (119), N. Jones (89), C. Wingard (110), K. Simpson (117).
Ruck: M. Lobbe (83).
Fwds: C. Rioli (DNP), M. Pavlich (DNP), J. Westhoff (91), T. Lynch (78).
Inter: L. Ball (C) (119*2 = 238), F. Ray (82).
Emg: N. Lower (57), H. Grundy (68), L. Casboult (79), C. Smith (78), L. Jones (36).

TOTAL: 1472.

Wow, if we had Maister or TDL in over Jones as emergency, we could have cracked 1500 :o. Hopefully this puts us back onto our coming opponents radars ;).

Purple 77

Great game Sid, the game could have gone either way, think Crozier being the sub cost you the game in the end. I got lucky with the 7 point win.

ossie85

The Top 4 is now looking out of reach for the Cobras suddenly after another disappointing performance... Huge debut from O'Shea! And the Armadillos had another hugely impressive round.

.... Reserves? Ahh... ahem.

Cape Town Cobras (19.14.128) lost to Buenos Aires Armadillos (24.16.160)

Best
Cape Town: R O'Keefe, C O'Shea, T Cotchin, C Sylvia
Buenos Aires: D Swan, D Cox, K Cornes, M Barlow, S Johnson, J Schulz, SD Thompson

Late Changes
Buenos Aires: J McKenzie & P Stewart replaced R Warnock & D Cross

WXV Debut
Cape Town: C O'Shea

Reserves
Cape Town Cobras (18.13.121) defeated Buenos Aires Armadillos (0.0.0)

Best
Cape Town: S Milne, J Cameron, B Wilson, A Cooney
Buenos Aires: Nil

Jukes

Quote from: Jukes on June 16, 2013, 07:27:34 PM
D: Shaw 147, Dixon 50, Murphy 118*, Hombsch 93
M: Griffen (c) 129x2*, Ward 92, Fyfe 77, Treloar 124
R: Naitanui (vc) 109
F: Martin 126, Monfries 112, Darling 79, Adams 67
U: Seedsman 65, Thomas 97

*pre-scaling

Total: 1614 :D :D :D

Murph goes up 3 from scaling, Griff stays the same.

Total Score: 1617 and a 10 point win :D who would've tipped this before the round started?

ossie85

Sao Paulo! Nuff said!

Wellington will need a new captain after the break with Murphy injuring himself playing for Vic Metro

Sao Paulo Pumas (23.23.161) defeated Wellington Warriors (18.9.117)

Best
Sao Paulo: G Ablett jnr, A Walker, B Houli, J Gunston
Wellington: M Murphy, S Dempster, N Foley

Late Changes
Wellington: J Neade replaced P Karnezis

Reserves
Rio de Janeiro Jaguars (14.13.97) defeated Wellington Warriors (9.6.60)

Best
Rio de Janeiro: R Harwood, S Hill, S Jacobs
Wellington: J Patfull

Toga

ossie85

@Toga - his Round 11 score :)

The future is bright for the Pacific after Tom Mitchell's terrific performance..

But the Wolves were always too strong!

Pacific Islanders (14.17.101) lost to Toronto Wolves (22.12.144)

Best
Pacific: T Mitchell
Toronto: S Pendlebury, M Johnson, P Ryder, N Grima, B Cunnington

Late Changes
Pacific: D Talia & M Leuenberger replaced J Elliott & B Longer

Reserves
Port Morseby Iguanadons (9.10.64) lost to Toronto Wolves (17.11.113)

Best
Port Morseby: T Nicholls, J Lisle
Toronto: J White, A Hall