WXV Round 11 - Cobras/Armadillos and Suns/Spetsnaz clash

Started by ossie85, April 13, 2013, 02:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Making some threads for the future :)  By the time they come round, you may have to go looking for them!

To avoid controversy, teams can be accepted for the round for membership points purposes ON the hour after the last game of the round finishes (i.e. if the last game finishes at 5:45pm, teams can be accepted from 6:00pm --> Will use fanfooty clock).

Round split over two AFL rounds! No rolling lock-out, but you can name 5 emergencies!

Round 11
(AFL Round 11 + Round 12 scores from Brisbane, Fremantle, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide, Richmond, Western Bulldogs)

Cape Town Cobras       v       Buenos Aires Armadillos       Newlands Cricket Ground
Sao Paulo Pumas       v       Wellington Warriors       Estádio do Pumas
Pacific Islanders       v       Toronto Wolves       Oakley Arena
Mexico City Suns       v       Moscow Spetsnaz       Fireball Stadium, Mexico City
New York Revolution       v       Berlin Brewers       MetLife Stadium, New Jersey, USA
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       v       London Royals       Stade de Gerland
Dublin Destroyers       v       Seoul Magpies       Crooke Park
Tokyo Samurai       v       New Delhi Tigers       National Olympic Stadium, Tokyo
Beijing Thunder v       Cairo Sands       Beijing Olympic Park

Highlights:
Cape Town have been wondrously consistent, without ever being dominant. While the Armadillos have been amazingly dominant, without ever being consistent. Who will win! A replay of last year's preliminary final which saw Cape Town comfortably into the first grand final.

Sao Paulo are just waiting for the Suns to slip up after comfortably taking care of London last week. Wellington will not give them any trouble.

The Islanders are in deep trouble, and desperately need Rockliff and the Berger back. With or without, a win against the strong Wolf outfit looks impossible.

The Spetsnaz have won 6 in a row! But the Suns have won 13 in a row. Can Moscow continue its momentum? Or will the juggernaught that is Mexico City show them up as a contender?

A HUGE match against the Revolution and the Brewers - two teams who have improved dramatically last year after finishing in the bottom 4. Both are at 5-5, and this is a huge oppurtunity. Not only will win keep them in touch with the top 8, but a loss makes it that much harder for the opposition. Last year, the Brewers notched up an incredible 61 point victory.

London need and want this win to arrest a slide in form which has seen them lose 3 of the last 4. I do not think PNL have the personnel to take them on.

A loss here to Seoul, and they can kiss 2013 goodbye. The preseason champions have not been able to pull it together this year! Meanwhile, Dublin have shown some real bit this year and are in with a shot of making finals also! A lot of interested parties will be watching this match.

A much needed win is on the way for Tokyo against New Delhi... Although they did lose to the Pacific earlier in the year.

Cairo will look to go 6-5 against Beijing.

MajorLazer

Cairo Sands Round 11 Team

Backs: P.Hanley, C.Newman, N.Malceski, B.Goodes
Mids: R.Douglas, D.Armitage, B.Sewell, S.Grigg
Ruck: S.Mumford
Fwds: D.Hale, L.Breust, L.Thomas, J.Petrenko
Int: C.Pearce, N.Dal Santo

Emg: M.Jones, J.Gibson, P.Puopolo

Captain: R.Douglas
Vice Captain: P.Hanley

*Subject to change

Jukes

D: Shaw, Dixon, Murphy, Hombsch
M: Griffen (c), Ward, Fyfe, Treloar
R: Naitanui (vc)
F: Martin, Monfries, Darling, Adams
U: Seedsman, Thomas

Emg: Clarke, Vickery, Fletcher, Hutchins, Burbury

JBs-Hawks

Def: B Gibbs, C Yarren, P Duffield, B Ellis
Mid: P Dangerfield (VC), B Deledio (C), J Kelly, S Coniglio
Ruck: B McEvoy
Fwds: J J Kennedy, H Ballantyne, J Bolton, B Macaffer
Int: J Corey, T Scully

Emg: J Geary, J Roughead, H Hocking, S Grimley, A Davey

Nige

Quote from: MajorLazer on June 03, 2013, 11:22:12 PM
Cairo Sands Round 11 Team

Backs: P.Hanley, C.Newman, N.Malceski, B.Goodes
Mids: R.Douglas, D.Armitage, B.Sewell, S.Grigg
Ruck: S.Mumford
Fwds: D.Hale, L.Breust, L.Thomas, J.Petrenko
Int: C.Pearce, N.Dal Santo

Emg: M.Jones, J.Gibson, P.Puopolo, J.Johannisen, M.Hutchings

Captain: R.Douglas
Vice Captain: P.Hanley

*Subject to change

Just added in two extra emergencies as permitted.  :)

Maca24

Mexico City Suns:

Def: B.Goddard, C.Enright, S.Hurn, J.Adcock.
Mids: S.Sidebottom (C), S.Thompson, B.Ebert, L.Hodge.
Rucks: I.Maric.
Frwds: J.Bartel (VC), N.Riewoldt, J.Lewis, A.Goodes.
Bench: B.Vince, J.Waite.
Emg: S.Crameri, B.Lake, B.Moloney, M.Blicavs, D.Merrett.

In: Vince. Out: Lecras.

Sucks having Blicavs rookie listed!
Lake not far off senior footy if one of our back 4 slip up.

CrowsFan

If he's rookie listed how can you have him on your emergency bench? ???

JBs-Hawks

Guessing because if Maric doesnt play he wont have any playing ruckman so can use a rookie?

Maca24

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on June 04, 2013, 05:45:55 PM
Guessing because if Maric doesnt play he wont have any playing ruckman so can use a rookie?
Correct :)

Holz

Backs:  A.Rance, S.Atley, S.Docherty, J.Watts
Mids: J.Selwood (C), D. Mundy, T.Boak, J.Redden
Ruck: T.Goldstein
Fwds: R.Gray, A.Black, M.Hurley, L.Hansen
Interchange: Z.Clarke, J. O'meara

emg: N.Van Berlo, J.Bootsma, S.Day

pretty happy with the sqaud trading away my back premos and mundy was stupid but I think i can win this week.

Anyone want Zach Clarke? 99 average this year coming off a 112 last week, just makes my Interchange bench. 

ossie85

Quote from: Holzman on June 06, 2013, 12:09:55 PM
Anyone want Zach Clarke? 99 average this year coming off a 112 last week, just makes my Interchange bench. 

helps just a tiny bit that Sandi and Griffin are injured!

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on June 06, 2013, 12:40:37 PM

It does, Sandi will be gone soon and Clarke is a gun they are winning with him as the sole ruck he will be number 1 soon.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on June 06, 2013, 12:45:19 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on June 06, 2013, 12:40:37 PM
It does, Sandi will be gone soon and Clarke is a gun they are winning with him as the sole ruck he will be number 1 soon.
One team's loss is another team's gain :'(. Griffin was in great form, so think he can hold Clarke out next season... I'd hope ::).

Quote from: ossie85 on April 13, 2013, 02:54:07 PM
London need and want this win to arrest a slide in form which has seen them lose 3 of the last 4. I do not think PNL have the personnel to take them on.
We'll look to prove you wrong :).

Justin Bieber

PNL Reindeers

Back: J. Harbrow, D. Myers, L. McPharlin, M. Williams.
Mids: M. Priddis (VC), N. Jones, C. Wingard, K. Simpson.
Ruck: M. Lobbe.
Fwds: C. Rioli, M. Pavlich, J. Westhoff, T. Lynch.
Inter: L. Ball (C), F. Ray.
Emg: N. Lower, H. Grundy, L. Casboult, C. Smith, L. Jones.

IN: C. Rioli, M. Pavlich, M. Lobbe, M. Williams.
OUT: L. Jones, L. Casboult, N. Lower, H. Grundy.

With Pavlich and Rioli having an extra week off and both close to returning, both have been named as a risk. If they are unable to play, have Casboult and Jones waiting in the wings to cover for them. Same for Lobbe although he has no replacement Ruck. Williams gets his first nod for the season given he plays, with Grundy getting the chop.

Ringo

ROYALS PROVISIONAL TEAM

Defenders:TUOHY, Zach ; MACKIE, Andrew  O'BRIEN, Harry;  LAIRD, Rory
Mids:  MACKAY, David ;  HANNEBERY, Daniel ;STANTON, Brent ; McVEIGH, Jarrad
Ruck:  BELLCHAMBERS, Tom
Forwards: HILL, Josh;  STAKER, Brent; MAYNE, Chris;  WINDERLICH, Jason;
Utilities: PEARCE, Danyle, RAMPE, Dane
Emergencies: REILLY, Brent,  REID, Ben , BROADBENT, Matthew, LYNCH, Quentin, CACHIA, Jaryd
Captain: STANTON, Brent
Vice: McVEIGH, Jarrad

In: Tuohy, Laird, Pearce, Rampe, Winderlich
Out: Reilly, Reid, Broadbent, Lynch, Cachia.

Subject to change as i will be out this evening and will not get to see team announcements prior to leaving