WXV Round 13 - New York/London mini-Elimination Final

Started by ossie85, April 13, 2013, 02:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Making some threads for the future :)  By the time they come round, you may have to go looking for them!

To avoid controversy, teams can be accepted for the round for membership points purposes ON the hour after the last game of the round finishes (i.e. if the last game finishes at 5:45pm, teams can be accepted from 6:00pm --> Will use fanfooty clock).

Round 13
(AFL Round 15)

Cape Town Cobras       v       Beijing Thunder Newlands Cricket Ground
Cairo Sands       v       Tokyo Samurai       Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexandria, Egypt
New Delhi Tigers       v       Dublin Destroyers       Tata Stadium, New Delhi
Seoul Magpies       v       Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       Seoul World Cup Stadium
London Royals       v       New York Revolution       Stamford Bridge
Berlin Brewers       v       Mexico City Suns       Olympic Stadium, Berlin
Moscow Spetsnaz       v       Pacific Islanders       Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Toronto Wolves       v       Sao Paulo Pumas       Rogers Centre, Toronto
Wellington Warriors       v       Buenos Aires Armadillos       The Basin Reserve

Highlights:
The Cobras are on a 3 match losing streak, but should easily account for Beijing (and have clashes against New Delhi and Pacific to come also). Beijing fell in a heap in a game many tipped to be a break through win, Cape Town looks too much for them, and look to have only one more shot at victory against Wellington in round 16 - the spoon awaits.

A danger game for Cairo with Tokyo capable generally scoring around the 130 mark each week - a loss here combined with tricky matches to come against Seoul, Toronto and London could see them get a bit nervous about finals chances. Tokyo, at 4-8, and with only matches against sides above them on the ladder, will not make the finals can only hope to cause upsets. A positive is that amazingly the Samurai are one of the final 6 remaining in the World Idol comp!

New Delhi will unveil a new coach against Dublin, and with the form of Garrick Ibbotson and Leigh Montagna solid, they are looking a better team than at the start of the year. Dublin were extremely disappointing against New York last week, and that loss will make it extremely difficult for them to make the finals. Dublin should beat New Delhi.

Seoul only won 3 of its first 9 matches, but have won the last 3 in a row to have snuck back into the 8! This represents a huge match for the Magpies, a win and finals look very possible, a loss and they are fighting tooth and nail to stay in. The stakes are equally as huge for the fast finishing Reindeers, who after only winning 1 of its first 9, is also on a 3 match winning streak! Amazingly, if they win there remaining 5 matches, they can still make the finals with Toronto its main stumbling block.

American Independence Day clash between London and New York is the main event! Particularly given the significance of the teams on the ladder, it will be extremely difficult for either New York (with clashes against the Suns and Armadillos to come) or London (with clashes against Cape Town and Cairo) to make the finals with a loss here.

The Brewers will nead to defeat either the Suns this week or Toronto in round 15 to be serious contenders for the finals, and not choke against the teams below them on the ladder. Of Berlin's 6 wins this year, only Cairo currently sits in the 8, the Brewers need a scalp. Conversely, the Suns hopes of staying top of the ladder rests on winning against sides like this - but they looked shaky last week.

The Islanders will be bouyant after there second win of the year that has likely helped them avoid the wooden spoon, but Moscow's form is too intimiating with the Spetsnaz gunning for an amazing top 2 finish.

The Wolves and Pumas is one of the matches of the round! Sao Paulo had a shock loss last week and looked far from premiership contenders, while the Wolves have won 6 of the last 7, and while the top 4 looks beyond them (but not impossible), a home elimination final is very achievable.

Last week I would have said the Warriors were no chance against the Armadillos. I still think Buenos Aires will win, but last week's effort was very weak as the injured ravaged team gave there lowest score ever. Top 4 under threat for the Armadillos.

Jukes

Moscow Spetsnaz
D: H. Shaw, R. Murphy, J. Hombsch, J. Frawley
M: R. Griffen (c), N. Fyfe (vc), P. Seedsman, A. Treloar
R: N. Naitanui
F: D. Martin, A. Monfries, T. Vickery, J. Darling
U: M. Walters, C. Ward

Emg: L. Adams (M/F), J. Thomas (M), S. May (D/F)

AFEV

Very important game for both New York and London, the loser will have a hard time making finals. Heck, will be difficult enough for us with the Dillos and Suns to come. :-\

nrich102

Buenos Aires Armadillos team

DEf - Scotland,SD  Thompson, Burgoyne, Logan
Mid - Swan (c), Boyd , Barlow (vc), K. Cornes
Ruck - Warnock
Fwd - Petrie, Harvey, Schulz, Cox
UTI - Dalziel, Jarred Brennan

EMG - Will do this later

Flower there are lots of injuries

Holz

Backs:  A.Rance, S.Atley, J.Watts, T.Murphy
Mids: J.Selwood (VC), D. Mundy, T.Boak,  J. O'meara
Ruck: T.Goldstein (C)
Fwds: L.Hansen, R.Gray, A.Black, M.Hurley
Interchange: Z.Clarke, J.Redden

Emg: B.Hill, N.Van Berlo, S.Day, L.Plowman

CrowsFan

Some bad news for the Armadillos concerning their depth issues...

Graham Johncock has called an immediate retirement on his career... :o

Nige

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 01, 2013, 12:25:50 PM

:(

nrich102

Quote from: NigeyS on July 01, 2013, 02:20:47 PM

What a useless piece of flower

ossie85

Quote from: nrich102 on July 01, 2013, 03:49:42 PM

Harsh! Only a 227 game player :P

Maca24

Berlin might have me this week!  :-X
Goodes, Hurn, Crameri, Maric and Riewoldt out.

Mexico City Suns:

Def: B.Goddard (VC), C.Enright, J.Adcock, B.Lake.
Mids: S.Sidebottom, S.Thompson, B.Ebert, L.Hodge.
Rucks: A.Sandilands.
Frwds: J.Bartel (C), J.Waite, J.Lewis, M.Lecras.
Bench: B.Moloney, B.Vince.
Emg: N.Hrovat, D.Merrett, M.Blicavs.

Thompson needs a big week.

JBs-Hawks

Def: Gibbs, Ellis, Duffield, Yarren

Mids: Deledio (VC), Dangerfield (C), Kelly, S Coniglio

Ruck: Mcevoy

Fwds: JJ Kennedy, Bolton, Roughead Ballantyne

Int: T Scully. J Corey

EMG: B Macaffer, T Hunt, J Geary

nrich102

Quote from: ossie85 on July 01, 2013, 03:57:34 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on July 01, 2013, 03:49:42 PM

Harsh! Only a 227 game player :P
true :P

Purple 77

Quote from: Maca24 on July 01, 2013, 11:19:00 PM
Berlin might have me this week!  :-X
Goodes, Hurn, Crameri all confirmed out. Maric and Sandi likely to miss.

I would have to be VERY lucky lol.

Well, I am actually due for a 150+ game.

Conversely, I am also due for a 110 game.

It will be either one I reckon  :P

Nige

So, I think I read something that Dayne Beams will play one or two weeks in the VFL, if so, he'll either be back against Seoul or Pacific. Perfect.  8)

Purple 77

Just read Jack Grimes will probably be back this week against the Suns! YES! Thankyou! Been a frustrating 8 weeks with him gone, have had to put up with inconsistent and usually bad scores from Carlile, Otten and Clisby. D4 problem fixed!