WXV Round 14 - Top of the Table clash! Suns/Armadillos.

Started by ossie85, April 13, 2013, 02:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Posted in wrong thread elephants? Or did I send the wrong link?

Ringo

Quote from: Ringo on July 09, 2013, 10:04:19 AM
Feeling it already Q - Awaiting the club medical reports to ascertain who we now have available.  Injuries have crueled us after great start to season. Hopefully can get over the Thinder this week.

Royals Teram Round 13
Defenders: REID, Ben ; MACKIE, Andrew,  LAIRD, Rory;  GILHAM, Stephen
Mids:  PEARCE, Danyle;  HANNEBERY, Daniel ; STANTON, Brent; McVEIGH, Jarrad
Ruck: HUDSON, Ben
Forwards: STAKER, Brent; BROWN, Johnathan;  MAYNE, Chris;  WINDERLICH, Jason;
Utilities: BELLCHAMBERS, Tom;  BROADBENT, Matthew
Emergencies: MOORE, Andrew; TUOHY, Zach ; HILL, Josh

Captain: STANTON, Brent
Vice Captain McVeigh, Jarrad

Have bracketed a couple of players due to injury concerns.  Will finalise after final teams named.
Updated following naming of teams

Purple 77

Quote from: NigeyS on July 11, 2013, 11:52:46 PM
Did someone say Hawthorn-esque forward line?

Hale, Breust, Puopolo... Is that the whole Hawks forward six between Pumas and Cairo?  :o

EDIT: Wait... Buddy, God damn Berlin.

Hehe

I reckon you and the Pumas will have the Hawks forward line this time next year though, and I will have an extra Giant  :-[

CrowsFan

Quote from: Purple 77 on July 12, 2013, 08:48:07 AM

Hale, Breust, Puopolo... Is that the whole Hawks forward six between Pumas and Cairo?  :o

Hehe

I reckon you and the Pumas will have the Hawks forward line this time next year though, and I will have an extra Giant  :-[
You're trading me Buddy for Buntine? :o

Holz

Next year I will have Mitch Clark, Jesse Hogan and Jack Watts in the forward line.

Toga

Beijing Thunder Provisional Team:

D: Harry Taylor (VC), Cale Hooker, Michael Talia, Brent Guerra
M: Oli Wines, Josh Caddy, Matt Rosa, Lachie Neale
R: Matthew Kreuzer (C)
F: Eddie Betts, Sam Mayes, Travis Varcoe, Robbie Tarrant
U: Ben Kennedy, Darren Glass

EMG: Josh Hunt (D), Elliot Yeo (D), T.Temay (M)

Still missing a bunch of guys in Kerr, Shiels, Kerridge, Thurlow and Bennedy, but we now have Varcoe back! :D

*Master Q may make alterations later today...

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holzman on July 12, 2013, 10:10:08 AM

Next year I will have Mitch Clark, Jesse Hogan and Jack Watts in the forward line.

Shame they dont get any supply

Purple 77

Quote from: Holzman on July 12, 2013, 10:10:08 AM

Next year I will have Mitch Clark and Jack Watts in the forward line.

Fixed.  ;)

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 12, 2013, 09:21:57 AM
Quote from: Purple 77 on July 12, 2013, 08:48:07 AM

Hehe

You're trading me Buddy for Buntine? :o

Sigh, I can't keep a secret. How did you guess!  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on July 12, 2013, 07:31:47 AM
Posted in wrong thread elephants? Or did I send the wrong link?
Fixed it anyway :).

roo boys!

Toronto Wolves Rd14
Def: N.Grima, M.Johnson, M.Maguire, M.Shaw
Mid: S.Pendlebury (C), A.Swallow (VC), J.Ziebell, B.McLean
Ruc: P.Ryder
Fwd: J.Riewoldt, D.Zorko, M.Robinson, A.Edwards
Int: B.Cunnington, L.Greenwood

Emg:  C.Young, A. Hall, D.Nicholson

IN: A.Edwards, M.Shaw, L.Greenwood
OUT: A.Hall (omitted), D.Nicholson (omitted), C.Young (omitted)

Wolves swing the axe this week after a dominant reserves performance. That last forward spot a little hard to fill with Jolly down. Lots of depth in the midfield with 4 of my 6 best in the reserves last week midfielders. Due to this I've decided to drop Young until I see a bit more of his role with Beams back in the side. Still have faith he'll be back in the best XV in no time.

Clint Jones and Ash McGrath leave the emergency list for the first time in a while, with the 3 omitted players filling those spots.

Levi Greenwood, the little fiery tagger that I was close to delisting over the  off season has really impressed me this year and earnt his spot, not entirely sure I'll have to check with Oss but I have a feeling it's his first WXV game. After his heroics to win the game a couple of years back against the Lions it was hard not to give him a go at repeating that effort. Go get em son!

Shaw has actually been relatively consistent in defence this season and hoping he can go alright against the Tiges up in Cairns, while Nicholson was ordinary last week and could struggle in a slaughter at the Cattery.

Edwards despite being ordinary last week gets an inclusion, have faith he'll bounce back against the Suns.

I predicted a big reserves score last week and I was right, got a feeling I could be pushing 170 again with this depth. Which is good and bad I guess, hopefully I still manage to fall under the points cap!

ossie85

QuoteLevi Greenwood, the little fiery tagger that I was close to delisting over the  off season has really impressed me this year and earnt his spot, not entirely sure I'll have to check with Oss but I have a feeling it's his first WXV game. After his heroics to win the game a couple of years back against the Lions it was hard not to give him a go at repeating that effort. Go get em son!

Levi Greenwood! This will be his first game Toronto colours for sure, but last year he played for the mighty Pacific Islanders and played 2 matches at 44.50. You must have traded him first, and than thought about delisting him anyway :)

roo boys!

Haha whoops, I swore I had Greenwood last year.

Now I remember getting him as a bit of a sweetener in the trade, certainly wasn't the main target of the trade. Maybe not delisting but I wasn't that keen on him, my North bias the only reason I didn't say hell no!

Has certainly stepped up since last year, hoping he can get about twice that average for me this weekend!

elephants

CrowsFan

You posted your team in the round 13 thread, so HP moved it to this one ;)

JBs-Hawks

Def: Gibbs (VC), Ellis, Geary, Yarren

Mids: Deledio (C), Dangerfield , Kelly, T Hunt

Ruck: Mcevoy

Fwds: JJ Kennedy, Bolton, Roughead Ballantyne

Int: T Scully, J Newnes

EMG: B Macaffer, C Sutcliffe, N Maxwell