WXV Round 14 - Top of the Table clash! Suns/Armadillos.

Started by ossie85, April 13, 2013, 02:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Making some threads for the future :)  By the time they come round, you may have to go looking for them!

To avoid controversy, teams can be accepted for the round for membership points purposes ON the hour after the last game of the round finishes (i.e. if the last game finishes at 5:45pm, teams can be accepted from 6:00pm --> Will use fanfooty clock).

Round 14
(AFL Round 16)

New Delhi Tigers       v       Cape Town Cobras       Nepal
Cairo Sands       v       Seoul Magpies       Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexandria, Egypt
Beijing Thunder v       London Royals       Beijing Olympic Park
Tokyo Samurai       v       Berlin Brewers       National Olympic Stadium, Tokyo
Dublin Destroyers       v       Moscow Spetsnaz       Crooke Park
Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       v       Toronto Wolves       State de France
New York Revolution       v       Wellington Warriors       MetLife Stadium, New Jersey, USA
Mexico City Suns       v       Buenos Aires Armadillos       Guadalajara
Pacific Islanders        v       Sao Paulo Pumas       BSP Stadium

Highlights:
Star Cobra Jobe Watson is down and out for the count and will likely miss the rest of the regular season, as Cape Town lost in the biggest upset of the season to Beijing. Surely they can pull themselves together and defeat New Delhi? The Cobras have slipped to 7th, after one stage being locked in the top 4. Another loss will see them in danger of losing a finals spot. Amazing. Meanwhile the New Delhi Tigers are showing more and more promise each week, as new coach elephants looks to make his mark.

A match between between 6th and 8th at this stage of the year is always going to be huge! Can Cairo continue its 4 match winning streak and push for a home elimination finals? Or can the Dangerfield led Seoul consolidate its position in the top 8? A whole bunch of teams outside the 8 will be depending on this result.

Beijing won! Beijing won! With there smallest squad of the year, they scored there highest for the year! Suddenly, they can avoid the wooden spoon. Won't be easy though, they still need to win at least once! London returned to form last week, and still have ambitions of making the finals - currently sitting in 9th spot out by only percentage. London will be desperate to notch up this win to put the pressure on Seoul, Cape Town and Cairo.

Berlin can't afford to lose to Tokyo. A loss, and the season is basically ended. The Brewers have fantastic depth, but they lack the superstars to help them consolidate a spot. Meanwhile, Tokyo can only hope to cause havoc for the rest of the year. This is as good a chance as any!

Dublin score 160+ out of nowhere last week! And are still a slim hope of making finals, a very good hope if they continue to score like that. Moscow were disappointing last week, and almost fell to the lowly Islanders, but have shifted to 3rd on the ladder on the back of a 9 match winning streak. Very much a danger game.

PNL defeated Toronto in the last round of the 2012 season to signal they will be strong next year. Now on a match that honours Bastille Day, can they live up to that promise? So far PNL have been an 'almost' side, and a 1 point loss to Seoul has eliminated there hopes of making the finals. Toronto, meanwhile, still have ambitions to make the top 4 - and basically they need to win every single match to be able to do that!

New York fell in a heap last week after a massive round before. Which New York will show up this week? Wellington with Murphy and Hayes back have the capacity to score ok if things go there way, and are still in danger of the wooden spoon given Beijing's upset win. Danger game for the New Yorkers.

Despite both finishing top 4 last year, the Armadillos and Suns missed each other in the finals. The Suns have not been impressive the last two weeks, but have won both clashes, while the Armadillos have been a basket case - and also won both clashes! Never have 1st v 2nd been in worse form. I'll back in the Suns to basically secure the minor premiership.

The Islanders almost managed to upset Moscow last week, but will need to play much better against a Sao Paulo suddenly in danger of losing a top 4 spot. I can't see the Pumas - who have been unlucky the last two weeks - losing this clash though.

Maca24

Mexico City Suns:

Def: B.Goddard (C), D.Merrett, J.Adcock, B.Lake.
Mids: S.Sidebottom, S.Thompson, B.Ebert, L.Hodge.
Rucks: I.Maric.
Frwds: J.Bartel (VC), N.Riewoldt, J.Lewis, M.Lecras.
Bench: M.Blicavs, A.Sandilands.
Emg: B.Vince, M.Baguley, D.Addison.

Missing some players, but shouldnt matter.
Brandon Jack dominant in the reserves, can't play him though. His rookie listed :(
Enright, Waite, Moloney and Crameri are out while Maric, Merrett, Blicavs and Riewoldt come into the side.

Jukes

#swingingtheaxe

Moscow Spetsnaz
D: H. Shaw, R. Murphy, J. Frawley, D. Fletcher
M: R. Griffen (c), N. Fyfe (vc), A. Treloar, P. Seedsman
R: N. Naitanui
F: D. Martin, A. Monfries, M. Walters, L. Adams
U: C. Ward, T. Vickery

Emg: W. Hoskin-Elliot, S. May, J. Darling

CrowsFan

Expecting a win here, a loss is unacceptable against the Islanders...

Holz

small chance of an upstet here, considering my break out week. Being at Crooke park helps.

Backs:  A.Rance, S.Atley, J.Watts, T.Murphy
Mids: J.Selwood (C), D. Mundy, T.Boak, J.Redden,
Ruck: T.Goldstein (VC)
Fwds: A.Black, R.Gray, M.Hurley, L.Hansen
Interchange: Z.Clarke, J. O'meara

emg: B.Hill, N.Van Berlo, J.Green,

my boy lachy Hansen should be B/F or B only next year, taking out his sub game this has been his last 6 games
93 70 96 94 94 116

this game all depends on my north boys. Black Hansen Atley and Goldy they play the lions so should be good.

Sewlood playing the dees :)

ossie85

I'm very interested in Destroyers v Spetsnaz! Can shape the ladder a bit :)

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on July 08, 2013, 11:11:43 AM

I'm very interested in Destroyers v Spetsnaz! Can shape the ladder a bit :)

I have 1 position letting me down and that utility spot 2. Sandi has come back and massively hurt Clarke. I think the Naz will beat me but I will put up a good fight. If Jelly goes big I will be hard to beat.

Master Q

Most pressure on the Royals this week. Thunder coming off a win + they are siting at 9th place  ;)

Ringo

Feeling it already Q - Awaiting the club medical reports to ascertain who we now have available.  Injuries have crueled us after great start to season. Hopefully can get over the Thinder this week.

Naming this provisional team

Defenders: REID, Ben ; MACKIE, Andrew,  LAIRD, Rory;  O'BRIEN, Harry/GILHAM, Stephen
Mids:  PEARCE, Danyle;  HANNEBERY, Daniel ; STANTON, Brent/MOORE, Andrew ; McVEIGH, Jarrad
Ruck: HUDSON, Ben
Forwards: STAKER, Brent; BROWN, Johnathan;  MAYNE, Chris;  WINDERLICH, Jason;
Utilities: BELLCHAMBERS, Tom;  BROADBENT, Matthew
Emergencies: MOORE, Andrew/RAMPE, Dane; GILHAM, Stephen/TUOHY, Zach ; HILL, Josh

Captain: STANTON, Brent /McVEIGH, Jarrad

Have bracketed a couple of players due to injury concerns.  Will finalise after final teams named.

Maca24

Mexico has the best rookie list.
Brandon Jack and Mark Blicavs  :D

Toga

With our Best XV really starting to take shape with the emergence of Michael Talia in defense (#gun), along with some other players in Cale Hooker, Sammy Mayes, Krooz and more stepping up who knows what we might see from the Thunder for the remainder of the season!

A recall of a few players like Sam Kerridge, Gumby, Kane Mitchell etc would really help us out though!

Can't wait for this weekend's game!!

AFEV

I C Dempsey
II D Heppell (vc)
III T McKenzie
IV B Smith
V H Bennell
VI D Prestia (c)
VII T Liberatore
VIII T Greene
IX M Pyke
X T Cloke
XI J Jenkins
XII A Christensen
XIII A Siposs
XIV J Macrae
XV J Giles

EMERGENCIES

I A Gaff
II T Lee
III W Schofield

Dunno if McKenzie is going to play, I reaally hope he does.

AFEV

I C Dempsey
II D Heppell (vc)
III T McKenzie
IV B Smith
V H Bennell
VI D Prestia (c)
VII T Liberatore
VIII A Gaff
IX M Pyke
X T Cloke
XI J Jenkins
XII M Morton
XIII T Lee
XIV M Arnot
XV J Giles

EMERGENCIES

I J Macrae
II S Lycett
III W Schofield

Nails

Scotland
S D Thompson
Burgoyne
Brennan

Swan
Carrazzo
Barlow
Kornes

Cox

Stevie J
Petrie
Harvey
Schulz

Dalziell
Cross

Armadillos pretty much at full strength again. If Cross gets named we look gun. Also have at least 1 emergency this week

Nige

Cairo Sands Round 14 Team

DEF: P.Hanley, N.Malceski (VC), D.Stanley, B.Goodes
MID: D.Beams (C), R.Douglas, D.Armitage, S.Grigg
RUC: S.Mumford
FWD: D.Hale, L.Breust, P.Puopolo, T.Dickson
INT: C.Pearce, N.Dal Santo

EMG: M.Hutchings, C.Newman, S.Rowe

BEAMSY IS BACK! That's all that matters this week.  ;D