Started by ossie85, April 13, 2013, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Round 15
(AFL Round 17)

Cape Town Cobras       v       Moscow Spetsnaz       Newlands Cricket Ground
Berlin Brewers       v       Toronto Wolves       Olympic Stadium, Berlin
London Royals       v       Wellington Warriors       Wembley
Seoul Magpies       v       Buenos Aires Armadillos       Seoul World Cup Stadium
Sao Paulo Pumas       v       New Delhi Tigers       Estádio do Pumas
Cairo Sands       v       Pacific Islanders       Borg El Arab Stadium, Alexandria, Egypt
Beijing Thunder v       Mexico City Suns       Beijing Olympic Park
Tokyo Samurai       v       New York Revolution       National Olympic Stadium, Tokyo
Dublin Destroyers       v       Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       Crooke Park

Cape Town v Moscow
The Cobras broke a 4-match losing streak, but it was only against New Delhi. While Moscow lost its winning streak to the fast improving Dublin. Cape Town outscored Moscow last week, and this game suddenly looks dangerous. No Watson for Cape Town helps Moscow's cause.

Cobra Run Home: Moscow (H), London (A), Pacific (H)
Chances are the Cobras are finals bound if they beat Pacific - but it isn't a certainty. 2 wins give a certain top 8 finish (something that was never in doubt 5 weeks ago) and maybe even a home elimination final.

Spetsnaz Run Home: Cape Town (A), New Delhi (A), Tokyo (A)
Top 4 beckons for Moscow if they are good enough! BUT Toronto are breathing down there neck. A loss to Cape Town could see Toronto steal a spot in the top 4 from them, depending on percentage.

Berlin v Toronto
Toronto are guaranteed finals, but are after greater glories and are on a 5 match winning streak. Berlin's form has been very patchy of late 2 wins and an average of 133 over the last 5 rounds.

Brewer Run Home: Toronto (H), Seoul (A), Beijing (A)
Although still a chance if they win only 2 of the next 3 to make the finals, in reality they really need to win all three. Toronto the major stumbling block, with the inconsident Seoul and cellar dweller Beijing to finish.

Wolf Run Home: Berlin (A), Cairo (A), Dublin (A)
Travelling a lot to finish the year, Toronto can make the top 4 if they win all there games and other results go there way. But all of Berlin, Cairo and Dublin are capable of matching it with Toronto on a good day, and it wouldn't surprise me if they slip up against one of them.

London v Wellington
London impressive last week and should have no trouble against Wellington - but stranger things have happened.

Royal Run Home: Wellington (H), Cape Town (H), Cairo (A)
Have put themselves in a wonderful position to make the finals. Assuming no choke against Wellington, a win against either Cape Town or Cairo should be enough for them to qualify. But both sides are above them on the ladder, and this could be easier said then done.

Warrior Run Home: London (A), Beijing (A), PNL (A)
A 9 match losing streak and Wellington are in danger of finishing last this year. Will basically all come down to the Round 16 away clash to Beijing, and as Beijing have the superior pecentage, this is the season defining clash.

Seoul v Buenos Aires

A catastrophic effort last week undid a lot of Seoul's efforts over the last month, while Buenos Aires are pulling together a strong team.

Magpie Run Home: Buenos Aires (H), Berlin (H), New Delhi (A)
Still possible to make the finals for winning 2 out of 3, but given the competition three is likely needed still. Surely Seoul won't miss the 8 on percentage again? Buenos Aires the tough match, Berlin a 50-50 at best before what should be an easy win against New Delhi to finish the year. Patrick Dangerfield injury concerns hold the key.

Armadillo Run Home: Seoul (A), Tokyo (A), New York (A)
2 losses could see the Armadillos miss the 4, and 2 wins could see them have a home qualifying final. Very tight, and thankfully they are fielding a full team again. An injury or suspension could make life difficult, with Seoul, Tokyo and New York all having the capacity to have good days, and all those matches on the road.

Sao Paulo v New Delhi

Pumas have remembered how to win, and will likely win again against the struggling but improving New Delhi in the battle of the cats.

Puma Run Home: New Delhi (H), Dublin (A), Mexico City (A)
Pumas still a small chance of taking out the Minor Premiership if they beat Mexico City and the Suns are upset somewhere else, but should be more concerned about there top 4 hopes. A loss to Mexico City and to an improving Dublin could see the recent Champions League trophy winners miss out.

Tiger Run Home: Sao Paulo (A), Moscow (H), Seoul (H)
Terrible run home, and hard to see where a win will come from - maybe Seoul on a bad day. Will avoid the spoon though.

Cairo v Pacific

Cairo stuttered a bit last week, but with Dayne Beams likely on the improve, they should have no problem accounting for the Pacific.

Sands Run Home: Pacific (H), Toronto (H), London (H)
Sands are finals bound baring a catastrophe against the Pacific, but finish the year with two tricky matches. Top 4 out of reach, but a home elimination final is there's for the taking.

Islander Run Home: Cairo (A), PNL (A), Cape Town (A)
PNL looks like there best hope for a win, and even that is slim. A victory to Beijing over Wellington could see the spoon decided on percentage, so margins are important!

Beijing v Mexico City

Last v 1st, and the Thunder have basically no chance of upsetting the Suns.

Thunder Run Home: Mexico City (H), Wellington (H), Berlin (H)
Finish the year at home, and a win against Wellington could see them avoid the spoon.

Suns Run Home: Beijing (A), New York (A), Sao Paulo (H)
Two wins guarantees the Suns first minor premiership, with New York a potentially tricky match. A loss to New York, and the Minor Premiership could be decided in the last round against the Pumas.

Tokyo v New York

The Samurai are injury ravaged and looking to finish off this disappointing year as soon as possible, while New York must win this match to stay in the finals hunt.

Samurai Run Home: New York (H), Buenos (H), Moscow (H)
The poor Samurai may finish on 4-13 by seasons end, and are still a mathematical chance of finishing bottom 4.

Revolution Run Home: Tokyo (A), Mexico City (H), Buenos (H)
2 wins maybe finals, 3 wins likely needed. Unfortunately they finish the year against two of the current top 4. The Revolution will truly have come if they manage to make the finals from here.

Dublin v PNL
Chances are PNL will lose this by a point or two! Dublin is in very solid form recently, and look to be peaking. Maybe a bit too late..

Destroyer Run Home: PNL (H), Sao Paulo (H), Toronto (H)
A tough last 3 weeks, and given percentage, will likely need to win all three. Are in strong form, but the Pumas and Wolves will go in as favourites. Even if they lose all three, going from 2 wins to finals contention in a year is a fantastic effort.

Reindeer Run Home: Dublin (A), Pacific (H), Wellington (H)
Can end Dublin's season this week, before hopefully a couple of consolation victories to end an unlucky year.

Purple 77

Defenders: Micheal Hibberd (C), Jack Grimes, Colin Garland, Andy Otten
Midfielders: Daniel Wells, Jack Steven (VC), Daniel Jackson, Reece Conca
Ruck: Max Gawn
Forwards: Lance Franklin, Matthew Stokes, Lachlan Henderson, Shane Edwards
Interchange: Jack Trengove, Kane Lucas
Emergencies: Brad Crouch, Tom McDonald, Jake King

Was last weeks team, just getting in early for points ;)

Subject to change

Nige

People still care about membership points?  :o

Maca24

Mexico City Suns:

Def: B.Goddard (C), C.Enright, J.Adcock, B.Lake.
Mids: S.Sidebottom (VC), S.Thompson, B.Ebert, L.Hodge.
Rucks: I.Maric.
Frwds: J.Bartel, N.Riewoldt, J.Lewis, S.Crameri.
Bench: B.Vince, A.Sandilands.
Emg: M.Lecras, N.Hrovat, M.Baguley.

ossie85

Quote from: NigeyS on July 14, 2013, 08:37:01 PM

They are still happening :) Will compile them come season's end

Jukes

Moscow Spetsnaz
D: H. Shaw (vc), R. Murphy, J. Frawley, D. Fletcher
M: R. Griffen (c), N. Fyfe, A. Treloar, P. Seedsman
R: N. Naitanui
F: D. Martin, A. Monfries, M. Walters, J. Darling
U: C. Ward, L. Adams

Emg: S. Tuck, T. Vickery, S. Colquhoun

ossie85

London, in 8th spot, play Wellington for a game they should win.

Meaning if either of Seoul, Berlin, New York or Dublin lose - and none of there matches I would consider guarantees - lose, they will be 2 games out of the 8, with 2 games left to play.

Maca24

Quote from: ossie85 on July 14, 2013, 08:52:46 PM

London, in 8th spot, play Wellington for a game they should win.

Meaning if either of Seoul, Berlin, New York or Dublin lose - and none of there matches I would consider guarantees - lose, they will be 2 games out of the 8, with 2 games left to play.
You could say Seoul, Berlin, New York and Dublin all have elimination finals this week!

CrowsFan

Seoul in with a good shot against the Dillos this week after Burgoyne, Cornes and Johnson all suspended for the next round! :o

roo boys!

Quote from: CrowsFan on July 15, 2013, 04:58:27 PM
Seoul in with a good shot against the Dillos this week after Burgoyne, Cornes and Johnson all suspended for the next round! :o

Purple 77

Quote from: roo boys! on July 15, 2013, 05:24:36 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on July 15, 2013, 04:58:27 PM

LOL! Laughed for quite a while actually  :D

Huge match against Toronto, I like to consider myself a chance albeit underdogs. Pendles is surely due for a shocker, or at least a measly 110  :-\

roo boys!

Never....cast your mind back to Collingwood vs GC where the great man broke his leg early in the game, subbed off at half time and still tonned up.

With Swallow and Ziebell under minor clouds I may be relying on Pendles again.... :-/

Nails

Quote from: ossie85 on July 14, 2013, 08:46:27 PM

If I knew that might be putting more effort in. It's not fair if Tokyo or whoever get points for the poll. I had secret voters waiting maybe :o

Nails

But seriously...

3 of my best players in their positions all at the flowering tribunal and all likely to miss

After I have players like Cross (load of bullshower), Boyd, Gilbert, Chapman, Warnock and co. all missing already

ossie85

Quote from: Nails on July 16, 2013, 11:48:19 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on July 14, 2013, 08:46:27 PM

If I knew that might be putting more effort in. It's not fair if Tokyo or whoever get points for the poll. I had secret voters waiting maybe :o

Never said I stopped Nails...