Main Menu

Future rule change

Started by myalup mullets, April 13, 2013, 11:38:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myalup mullets

last night watching the Freo vs Ess game a strange thought came to me. I watch the incident between McPharlin and Ryder, which resulted in McPharlin having to be subbed in the 1st Quarter.

It made me think that yes Ryder will be suspended next week, however Freo were a man down from basically the first few minutes of the game. Ryder becomes the x factor and wins the match.

Do you think we will ever see the day when a incident causes a player to be subbed off, that the offender be subbed off/red carded by a video umpire??

TeeJay

Couldn't happen unless it was something deliberate. As much as Ryder did the wrong thing it was still an accident and negligent rather than deliberate. He didn't jump or raise his elbow or anything he just got him on the chin with the point of his shoulder. He will get weeks but to be forced from the ground would be a hard call for someone to make

valkorum

It will never happen because it has to be decided by the MRP.  You make the choice at the moment and you take away the MRP.

Ryder surely has to get weeks for the hit.

AFEV

Quote from: valkorum on April 15, 2013, 01:08:04 PM
It will never happen because it has to be decided by the MRP.  You make the choice at the moment and you take away the MRP.

Ryder surely has to get weeks for the hit.
Definitely will. Has a bad record and 66 carry over points..Even with an early plea I think he'll get 3.