So Valk? any excuses for losing that you can come up with?  >:(

PowerBug

Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Capper

Pav, 1 shot on goal for out of bounds on the full

Ziplock

not going to lie,  I reckon that mcpharlin going out that early was a tipping point.

your AA FB gone before getting a touch...

Cicjose

this team is "supposedly" premiership contenders.... ain't gonna win too many finals playing this way

TeeJay

Quote from: Ziplock on April 13, 2013, 12:29:37 AM
not going to lie,  I reckon that mcpharlin going out that early was a tipping point.

That happend in the first 5 minutes. Fremantle led by 37 points way after that. The tipping point was when they thought they could stop to a walk after half time. It was pathetic. And Mundy was a disgrace. I love the way he plays but watch that last quarter again and tell me he is giving 100%. No chases, no tackles, just walked around and literally watched his opponent get the ball. It was terrible

nostradamus

No credit to Essendon for the win?

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on April 13, 2013, 12:22:08 AM
So Valk? any excuses for losing that you can come up with?  >:(

When have I ever made up an excuse for losing..... NEVER.  We weren't good enough in the 2nd half

McPharlin going down early and being subbed out didnt help

Ricochet

How quickly people forget how good Essendon were last year and are again this year. With so many attacking them as a team and individually it's a credit to them. We gave a good team a sniff and like a good team does, they took their chance.
Obviously missing those goals destroyed us but there were other factors. Mcpharlin going down, Crowley giving away some crucial free kicks on Stants, Pav being held to such a quiet game, and in the final quarter essendon mids really took control
Well done Essendon and James Hird

Ziplock

Quote from: TeeJay on April 13, 2013, 02:21:56 AM

That happend in the first 5 minutes. Fremantle led by 37 points way after that. The tipping point was when they thought they could stop to a walk after half time. It was pathetic. And Mundy was a disgrace. I love the way he plays but watch that last quarter again and tell me he is giving 100%. No chases, no tackles, just walked around and literally watched his opponent get the ball. It was terrible

aye, the loss of the extra man wouldn't show until later in the game... and didn't hurley (who he was supposed to be playing on) end up kicking 20 points? just saying :P

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ziplock on April 13, 2013, 12:35:51 PM
Quote from: TeeJay on April 13, 2013, 02:21:56 AM

aye, the loss of the extra man wouldn't show until later in the game... and didn't hurley (who he was supposed to be playing on) end up kicking 20 points? just saying :P

Sure McPharlans opponent Hurley might not have cause much damage but it throws out all the other match ups to

And we did do most of the damage after subbing Fletcher off so the best defendr for each team was off

TeeJay

Carlisle is the new #1 defender at Essendon. Kid is in all Australian form

anchorman

We blew it after half time.But due credit to Essendon they just kept coming and believing they could win.They totally out played us after half time.
losing McPharlin was a real blow.We lost not only our best back man,but our backline leader.We lost rotation power.He would have calmed the boys down if he was there.
I still think we are a premiership contender as I do with Essendon.It doesn't do justice to either side to point the finger at either and say after this game that Fremantle are no longer contenders.
It was a magnificent game and both sides should be commended for the game.