Main Menu

CEO Resigns

Started by Ringo, April 09, 2013, 05:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

from twitter Melbourne CEO Cameron Schwab has resigned:

Do not think this will really solve anything though.

henry

Probably should resign, may not change all that much but obviously there were severe troubles and his role became untenable. Listening to the press conference now on SEN. Hopefully this sparks the dees into action, although we were saying that last week.... :(.

deekay

Watching the press conference now... cant see how this will benefit the Dees.

henry

Seems he wanted to say, but had a meeting with Mclardy today where he was asked to resign. I see this as the first step of many needed for the dees to fix up their off field situation.

kilbluff1985

not that they should need one but might be the wake up call the players need

Big Mac

One down. Several still to go.

quinny88

In this case i think Resign = get the hell out and don't let the door hit you on the way out lol

Windigo

Who is next in line.....

tbagrocks

Time for Lyon to step up to the plate?

Cicjose

i admire lyon for his work as a commentator but the last time his club was in trouble he said no

to be fair to Garry here he shouldn't have to take the job but has the smarts and footballing knowledge

to come in and make an impact for the club straight away

Ziplock

yeah, read an article today quoting lyon basically saying- someone else flowering deal with it this time, I've got more on my plate and I'm sick of constantly getting phone calls about it.

fidou

The CEO of a company is responsible for the running of it. If it bleeds money on the share market he usually is the 1st to go.  Well done Melbourne you have started the cull in the right area.

Ziplock

Quote from: fidou on April 09, 2013, 07:54:46 PM
The CEO of a company is responsible for the running of it. If it bleeds money on the share market he usually is the 1st to go.  Well done Melbourne you have started the cull in the right area.

it's a bit different for a football team than a normal company... you can lay direct blame on the coach and recruiters as well.

BB67th

Quote from: fidou on April 09, 2013, 07:54:46 PM
Yeah the CEO is really the last person that would need to be sacked at a time like this. Considering its circumstances, Schwab was doing a decent job and he is a very highly rated administrator.

Really it should be the football department or President or someone who actually makes an impact on game day that needs to be looked at. Schwab only got the sack because he was unpopular with supporters. It's good to see that the position for Melbourne's CEO is a popularity contest now.