Started by Ringo, April 09, 2013, 05:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

The sack was coming his way.

Now only the Coaching staff and players left to go

fidou

Quote from: Ziplock on April 09, 2013, 07:59:15 PM
Quote from: fidou on April 09, 2013, 07:54:46 PM
The CEO of a company is responsible for the running of it. If it bleeds money on the share market he usually is the 1st to go.  Well done Melbourne you have started the cull in the right area.

it's a bit different for a football team than a normal company... you can lay direct blame on the coach and recruiters as well.
Sorry Zip but the buck stops at the top. That's why they are remunerated so much. The culture of the whole company starts with the CEO, he is responsible for the appointment of coaches and support staff. The whole Melbourne brand is Schwab's problem and he hasn't been able to turn things around. So he steps aside for someone who can.     

nostradamus

l just hope they dont reform the same selection panel that picked Neeld to find a new CEO.

This is something that needs to be made totally "out of house", the whole decision making hierachy is compromised at Melbourne

anchorman

The CEO of a company is responsible for the running of it. If it bleeds money on the share market he usually is the 1st to go.  Well done Melbourne you have started the cull in the right area.

it's a bit different for a football team than a normal company... you can lay direct blame on the coach and recruiters as well.
He was told by McLardy to resign,that was stated in the press releases.
Schwab was involved in the choice of Neeld as coach,as was Gary Lyon.
I am amazed that he stayed there so long considering that he and Connolly were basically out the door and Bailey was safe.Bailey is sacked and Connolly and Schwab are back in stronger positions than before.I was never able to work that one out.
I think that McLardy will be the next to go.He rode on Jim Stynes revival of the club but seems to have done nothing since.
Will Melbourne finish up like Fitzroy!!Players have already left the club and seems like more are on the way out.A club can't survive with players moving out.Something has to give.Some thing has to be done and done fast,this sore has festered for far too long to be healthy for the club.

Big Mac

I think the whole club just needs to swallow their pride and ask the AFL for assistance. They obviously need it but they seem to think that they can turn this around.

henry

Quote from: Big  Mac on April 10, 2013, 12:22:10 PM
I think the whole club just needs to swallow their pride and ask the AFL for assistance. They obviously need it but they seem to think that they can turn this around.
The AFL may end up appointing one of their own to the role.
Quote from: anchorman on April 10, 2013, 11:02:34 AM

He was told by McLardy to resign,that was stated in the press releases.
Schwab was involved in the choice of Neeld as coach,as was Gary Lyon.
I am amazed that he stayed there so long considering that he and Connolly were basically out the door and Bailey was safe.Bailey is sacked and Connolly and Schwab are back in stronger positions than before.I was never able to work that one out.
I think that McLardy will be the next to go.He rode on Jim Stynes revival of the club but seems to have done nothing since.
Will Melbourne finish up like Fitzroy!!Players have already left the club and seems like more are on the way out.A club can't survive with players moving out.Something has to give.Some thing has to be done and done fast,this sore has festered for far too long to be healthy for the club.
Yeah agree, was very lucky to survive after the geelong thrashing a couple of years ago and was very surprised that they gave hi, a 3 year contract last year.