Main Menu

just want to say

Started by kilbluff1985, April 08, 2013, 05:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

just want to say well done to Essendon supporters on here for not over celebrating the massive win

i'm fairly sure if any other team won by that much there supporters on here would have been bragging about it

not sure we really have that many supporters on here which is strange  but besides the point

that and i'm very proud of my team everyone was kicking us while we were/are down the way the boys have come out and performed in the first 2 games is nothing short of amazing

i am worried about this week though, but since Hirdy took over we do have decent interstate record so i hope Freo supporters are slightly worried to

anyway i just wanted to post as i found it amusing nobody had after a win like that

Toga

Really well said kb, i agree with you completely - well done Bombers fans! :)

There's winning, and then there's what happened on the weekend, and I think it was good of you guys to keep it sensible and recognise that while it was a huge win, Melbourne FC is in a difficult position atm.

And I would be proud of the boys if I were you coming out and starting the win with two solid wins (esp against the crows) after the turmoil of the offseason.

Good on you guys

AFEV

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 08, 2013, 05:23:48 PM
not sure we really have that many supporters on here which is strange  but besides the point
There are quite a lot, we're up there with Richmond and Adelaide in that respect.
Agree I've been pleased with our supporters remaining very respectful thus far. Premium lads they are. :)

I am quite worried about the Freo game too, it should be a good contest with both teams looking very strong at the moment.

Barlow vs. Watson
Mundy vs. Stanton
Fyfe vs. Heppell
Hill vs. Zaharakis

Not entirely sure who Freo supporters would rate as their next best mids after that, but with Howlett, Goddard, Hocking and Myers up and about for Essendon as well I suspect this game will be won in the middle.

Really, really hope that Heppell and Fyfe go head to head (sneaking suspicion that Hepp might cop Crowley) as  I reckon that would be a battle for the ages.

JBs-Hawks

Only port supporters would brag about a thrashing of melbourne :P

DazBurg

tbh i think most on here are smart enough to know we were 10-1 last year and still missed finals weather we win by 1 point or over 100 doesn't matter but the fact we have now won 2 on the trot means little it's seeing if we can sustain it into the 2nd half of the season

barring injuries i reckon we should be able too but still not ready to get ahead of myself yet

and btw we will beat the dockers  ;)

kilbluff1985

Yeah I agree Daz I'm more interested in how we play in the second half of the year

silloc

i don't think we're stupid enough to read too much into it. Melb seriously just need to get back to basics, the fact we smashed them in tackles and in possessions, is just embarrassing. still don't think the afl will ever let one of the founding clubs fold but.

Noz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on April 08, 2013, 06:25:26 PM

To be fair if we had of beaten Melbourne by 148 points i wouldn't be posting on here and talking it up too much.

I felt sorry for Melbourne.

tbagrocks

You did beat the Premiers week one, but yes the Bombers were great early last year so...

But nice start, Anzac Day will be a great!

Jay

"hurr durr we will make top 8, we beat GWS and Melbourne" ::)

Well done Bomber fans!

Dudge

Have tou heard a word from me mate

Quote from: Jayman on April 09, 2013, 08:53:36 PM
"hurr durr we will make top 8, we beat GWS and Melbourne" ::)

Well done Bomber fans!

"hurr durr we also like fruit tingles "

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Dudge on April 09, 2013, 10:25:14 PM

Have tou heard a word from me mate

No but living in Adelaide I have many Port fans on FB :P