Main Menu

Best AFL moment since 2000

Started by 13Brummy, April 07, 2013, 10:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

this is tough.. so many brilliant moments. for a pure "moment", i reckon the Leo Barry mark. for a quarter of footy, can't go passed Nick Davis, for a full game i'd say the drawn grand final (which still flowerin kills me. flower you football)

just a mention; Saints vs Freo 2006 when the umpires didn't hear the siren, Baker was given a free kick (twice i think) and he kicked a point to draw the game. then mid week the AFL changed the decision to a Freo win

kilbluff1985

Fireballz

Great thread btw!

I voted for Nick Davis but I'm a bit biased. Was a very memorable moment for me. Personally though, my absolute favourite was Micky O'Loughlin's goal towards the end of the 06 qualifying final when they beat the eagles by a point at Subi. I was at the game at the end he kicked it, in a sea of eagles supporters wearing red and white. Was an awesome moment in life.

Then I had to catch the train home...  :o

PowerBug

Nick Davis. That thing sends shivers through me every time i watch it.

No Mark Williamsat the 2004 GF? :( Probs wouldn't have voted for it anyway but should be on the poll
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Jay

Port getting smashed by Geelong in their GF... Happy days 8)

Fireballz

Quote from: SilkySkills on April 15, 2013, 11:29:07 PM
Nick Davis. That thing sends shivers through me every time i watch it.

No Mark Williamsat the 2004 GF? :( Probs wouldn't have voted for it anyway but should be on the poll
I'd vote for Alistair Lynch's haymakers at Wakelin in the '04 GF

Fireballz

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 08, 2013, 06:04:53 PM
Quote from: Noz on April 07, 2013, 10:17:49 PM
Gary Moorecrofts mark surely would be up their in the voting system

For me its Leo Barrys mark
You mean the one with two movements, first were hands in the back then reach for the ball, even back then, the two movements mean's no mark but in the back, so it was never a mark :o

Taylor Walker's fake, spin then goal on the left boot on Saturday! ;)
Not sure if you're serious about the mark (or if you've even seen it), but Leo Barry came in from the side, without touching anyone, and plucked the ball out of the air.
You might be referring to Kennelly's hold on Sampi? But either way... No.

Fireballz

Quote from: Fireballz on April 16, 2013, 12:10:11 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on April 08, 2013, 06:04:53 PM
Quote from: Noz on April 07, 2013, 10:17:49 PM
Gary Moorecrofts mark surely would be up their in the voting system

For me its Leo Barrys mark
You mean the one with two movements, first were hands in the back then reach for the ball, even back then, the two movements mean's no mark but in the back, so it was never a mark :o

Taylor Walker's fake, spin then goal on the left boot on Saturday! ;)
Not sure if you're serious about the mark (or if you've even seen it), but Leo Barry came in from the side, without touching anyone, and plucked the ball out of the air.
You might be referring to Kennelly's hold on Sampi? But either way... No.
link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CER_nddHmzA

Bill Manspeaker

he's talking about the Moorcroft i think mate :P

SydneyRox

Nick Davis for sure. It rates alongside Pluggers point as the greatest moments for me as a Swan supporter, Leo comes third with Paul Roos "here it is"

PowerBug

Nick Davis! Nick Davis! I see it but i don't believe it!

Ziplock

Quote from: SilkySkills on April 16, 2013, 08:55:38 PM
Nick Davis! Nick Davis! I see it but i don't believe it!

just watched it, not going to lie, the only possible way that could have been better would be if it was a grandfinal.

Did he need surgery after that?

cause carrying 21 players must have been bad for his back :P

in all seriousness though- very low scoring game.

PowerBug

Well, were they disappointed two weeks later?

The next week vs the Saints they kicked 7 unanswered goals in 10 minutes in the 4th qtr to run away with the game, and then Leo Barry took that mark in in the GF.

The whole finals series for Sydney was heart-stopping.

Ziplock

haha, good time to be a sydney fan :P

Grazz

Had to go with Macartney's comeback. Although not a spectacular leap or outstanding goal it was a moving and emotional moment
that typifies courage and determination to the highest degree, two attributes required just to play our great game without being blown up and set alight. What he did is more courageous or outstanding than anything Ive seen take place on the footy field. Big statement i know but when you think about it.