Main Menu

Early Fixture

Started by Cicjose, April 06, 2013, 06:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

Fremantle MUST BE 5-1 after the first 6 rounds.... and they need to play a lot better than they did in the second half of the game today for them to be taken seriously as contenders.... the Bulldogs were supposed to be favorites for the spoon

to be outscored by them after quarter time was shocking..... the second half saw very little in the way of the run and carry we were able to generate against West Coast......

the sad fact is that the first quarter was amazing... but if we are not better next week we will lose against the Bombers.....

Rusty00

Who do you guys think Crowley will tag this week? Watson or Stanton? Who has he tagged in past against the Bombers?

valkorum

@Cic  *insert standard Valk rant about negativity*.  We are 2-0... be happy.

@Rusty   I believe he went to Watson last year.

Cicjose

it should be Stanton has a history of performing badly under a tag but dont be surprised if someone like Mzungu or DeBoer runs with Watson

Quote from: valkorum on April 08, 2013, 03:26:52 PM
@Cic  *insert standard Valk rant about negativity*.  We are 2-0... be happy.

@Rusty   I believe he went to Watson last year.

haha Valk but when you are SMASHED in every single category and win it masks the deficiencies that that have will be a concern against good teams

valkorum

We weren't smashed in every single category - POINTS ON THE SCOREBOARD

We had 28 more than they did and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

PowerBug

Freo have been good enough to win. At times that is just enough. :) Sydney have been far from convincing in their first two rounds, but they got the job done. ;) I can see Freo getting the win this week, they have a talented lineup that can go very far this season.

Good time to be a Freo supporter imo. :)
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

valkorum

It's always a good time to be a Freo supporter

Cicjose

Quote from: valkorum on April 08, 2013, 03:33:32 PM
We weren't smashed in every single category - POINTS ON THE SCOREBOARD

We had 28 more than they did and at the end of the day that is all that matters.

well you obviously didnt watch the Bulldogs vs Fremantle.....

Fremantle were DOMINATED after quarter time and it was only due to the first quarter they won the game

Minson 48 hitouts and 7 clearances

Libba with 12 clearances - Barlow and Mundy had the most for Freo with 4 each

Centre clearances 16-8 Bulldogs

Total clearances 41- 29 Bulldogs

Contested Possessions 147 - 131 Bulldogs

Hitouts 53 - 29 Bulldogs

Free Kicks 27 - 19 Bulldogs

so anyway are you going to dispute the facts of the game?

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2013/2/wb-v-fre

You were saying Valk.....

you might think the performance was good but aside from that first quarter we were dreadful

valkorum

Stats dont lie - I will give you that.  But we were never in doubt of losing that game..... EVER

I notice you only picked the stats that we lost.

Better disposal effeciency
More inside 50's
More marks inside 50
More tackles
More marks
More kicks (effective and total)
More accurate for goal
More shots on goal (only 3 but our accuracy meant a 28 point victory)

and the biggest stat of them all

SCOREBOARD
16.10 v 11.12

PowerBug

Also, as i was told by a wise man (my uncle) the centre clearences aren't very important anymore if all you is Dangerfield or Swan it forward to nobody. All that happens is the defence mark it and score on the rebound. What is important is how many centre clearences result in direct scoring chances, or at least the first couple of kicks are still with the team that won the clearence. :)

As for the Hitouts, Minson is a bully, it'll always be hard for youse without Sandlilands. Not putting Griffin down, but Sandilands is clearly better.

Surprised at the CP loss, but i suppose that can be tied back to the CC again, if they aren't effective then the rebound will hurt you more.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

kilbluff1985

wondering if you guys are worried about all our talls this week?

valkorum

Bahahahaha - you have talls?  Who?

Bellchambers (202cm)/Ryder (197cm) -- Griffin (201cm)/Keplar (198cm)
Hurley (195cm) -- Zac Dawson (197cm)
Crameri (190cm) -- Luke McPharlin (192cm)

Extra: Michael Johnson (195cm)

Midfield:
Barlow (189cm) -- Stanton (185cm)
Fyfe (190cm) -- Goddard (189cm)
Mundy (192cm) -- Watson (191cm)
Crowley (188cm) -- Howlett (180cm) (Chose the 2 taggers as well)

Out of all of those matchups the only one you win is by 1cm and that is Bellchambers over Griffin but normally you would lose that by 9cm as Sandi is 211cm.  If we had our normal backup ruckman in Clarke (203cm) instead of Bradley then you lose by even more.

Most people dont realise how tall Freo is.

kilbluff1985

yeah but you don't have Sandi/Clarke that's why i asked ::)

btw every chance we will play Hille/Gumby to this week to stretch you guys also why i asked

valkorum

If you play Hille/Gumby then Johnson will pick the slack. So we got it covered

AFEV

David Myers (191cm) is probably a better matchup for Crowley. Heppell at 189cm is quite tall too. We'd have to be mad to try and play an extra tall at Subi though I think...If we were to though how comfortable would you be playing Johnson (190cm) on Gumbleton (197cm) or Hille (202cm)?

By the way Valk - is MJ going to get up this weekend?