Gary Ablett

Started by its me lads, April 06, 2013, 05:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

Quote from: Master Q on April 06, 2013, 07:43:52 PM
Had him as Captain  :'(

Quote from: Jukes on April 06, 2013, 07:00:16 PM
Was I right or was I right.

Stants averaging 6 more than Spudlett, and is to play Melbourne tonight...
Neither really, he was great last week and went against the Premiers today...

So you saying you were expecting Ablett to do bad? Why did you put him captain then you spud.

Ablett scores vs Sydney by year,
2012: 152
2011: 23
2010: 167 and 127
2009: 141
2008: 150 and 126

quinny88

It was wet weather and at the scg which by the way shouldnt have AFL played on it, its a disgraceful ground.
Not to worried

Master Q

Quote from: Jukes on April 06, 2013, 07:46:44 PM
Quote from: Master Q on April 06, 2013, 07:43:52 PM
Had him as Captain  :'(

Quote from: Jukes on April 06, 2013, 07:00:16 PM
Was I right or was I right.

Stants averaging 6 more than Spudlett, and is to play Melbourne tonight...
Neither really, he was great last week and went against the Premiers today...

So you saying you were expecting Ablett to do bad? Why did you put him captain then you spud.

Ablett scores vs Sydney by year,
2012: 152
2011: 23
2010: 167 and 127
2009: 141
2008: 150 and 126
Didn't expect him to be bad, but it's understandable  ::)

owenbond007

Quote from: Spite on April 06, 2013, 06:42:33 PM
Quote from: owenbond007 on April 06, 2013, 06:29:04 PM
Who slammed the F#$k out of jukes. Pull your head cause a 114 ave is not far from being realistic. I predict about 120. Over valued will drop and not the god all you amatuers thought. You may have had a win round 1 but its the value for dollar guys early that will lead the pack.

Most people I think were annoyed that he was calling him spudlett etc

Also him predicting 114 and you predicting 120 is a huge difference mate...unless you have won money from DT, we are all amatuers and not many claim to be expert dreamteamers, more like senior dremteamers.

Fortunately I didn't have Gaz as C, lets hope Stanton can outscore him...Yes, I put the C on stants :O

Maybe i will one day! Live and breath all DT comps. Have won money/bets on sportsbet. No my shower. Do get proven wrong but only occasionally.

Jukes

Couple stats on Ablett from today;

54.2% disposal efficiency; 14th at suns, 34th (out of 44) in the match. Pathetic.

Still played 93% TOG, (equal) 2nd most for the suns.

Possumo

Quote from: Jukes on April 06, 2013, 08:39:48 PM

54.2% disposal efficiency; 14th at suns, 34th (out of 44) in the match. Pathetic.

It's hard to read your comments without the word "Troll" coming to mind. Your trying to convince us that a player who has been a top 3 mid for the past six seasons is a bad pick, and that in fact a player who is pretty much synonymous in fantasy with the words inconsistency and unpredictability is a better pick. Think for a moment why almost no one is buying the candy your selling mate.

Jukes

Quote from: Possumo on April 07, 2013, 12:01:36 AM

It's hard to read your comments without the word "Troll" coming to mind. Your trying to convince us that a player who has been a top 3 mid for the past six seasons is a bad pick, and that in fact a player who is pretty much synonymous in fantasy with the words inconsistency and unpredictability is a better pick. Think for a moment why almost no one is buying the candy your selling mate.

you're*

Stants 142 DT, Ablett 84.
Stants 128.5 average, Ablett 108.5.
Stants 80% DE, Ablett 54%
Stants 86% TOG, Ablett 93%
Stants 11 inside-50s, Ablett 4
Stants 4 goal assists, Ablett 0

m8

pommyadam

Quote from: Jukes on April 07, 2013, 12:07:12 AM

4 stats not DT relevant
and besides, anyone could've done well against the demons

Possumo

Sorry forgot we were talking about their football skills (which in itself is a pretty stupid comparison but anyway...), could have sworn this was a forum about fantasy football, in particular DT where efficiency and other stats don't count for squat. Leaving that aside, since we are comparing their averages after two rounds, why don't you give us your opinion on whether Howlett will out score Ablett over the rest of the season? Using your logic it's obvious he must be a shoe in.

P.S. I wouldn't be having a go at someone's grammar when you've proven many times on this forum that your own grasp of the English language isn't exactly flash.

Jukes

Quote from: Possumo on April 07, 2013, 12:25:41 AM
Sorry forgot we were talking about their football skills (which in itself is a pretty stupid comparison but anyway...), could have sworn this was a forum about fantasy football, in particular DT where efficiency and other stats don't count for squat. Leaving that aside, since we are comparing their averages after two rounds, why don't you give us your opinion on whether Howlett will out score Ablett over the rest of the season? Using your logic it's obvious he must be a shoe in.

P.S. I wouldn't be having a go at someone's grammar when you've proven many times on this forum that your own grasp of the English language isn't exactly flash.

Ok then let's compare dt.

>Jukes
>Bad grammar
You must be new here.

owenbond007

points per dollar is where dt is at and ablett clearly doesnt represent the best value hence is a great upgrade to player. Same with Swan, who i have who will be swallow next week and ebert maybe back to swan or GAJ r5.

Ziplock

Quote from: Jukes on April 07, 2013, 12:34:00 AM
Quote from: Possumo on April 07, 2013, 12:25:41 AM

Ok then let's compare dt.

>Jukes
>Bad grammar
You must be new here.

it's been two rounds mate. Just as people were saying last week it was too early to be hacking on you, same scenario here.

Also, suns haven't played melbourne yet :P

hardnut

I don't have Ablett as felt the start was gong to be tough with CJT followed by Sydney then Raines, looked like a fail last week but feel slightly better about it now. The guy is a freak and will be in every team (except maybe Jukes) by years end. I've always avoided putting the C on a team playing at the SCG, the lack of space coupled with heavy rain really made it tough for the bald headed one. He'll be back but hopefully by then cheaper and in my team!

Master Q

Quote from: Jukes on April 07, 2013, 12:07:12 AM
Quote from: Possumo on April 07, 2013, 12:01:36 AM

you're*

m8
Hang on? Are you implying Stanton is the better player... I almost forgot about all those premierships Stanton won as, and that awesome year he had in 2009 when he won the Brownlow; What a player Stanton is!

Give this guy a shovel because he is digging a hole for himself...

essendon2

Ablett is the best player in the AFL, followed by Jobe 8)

Stanton is simply better value than Ablett
Ablett hasn't been worth the price tag.
Saying that, if Swan doesn't go 125+ today, he won't have been worth his either :-X