Main Menu

Richmond Round 2 Discussion

Started by Toga, April 04, 2013, 10:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellogscrunchynut

The umpires are bound to miss a few calls when the game is played at such pace, to say that they are biased is silly though. I saw many high tackles that weren't paid, I think this is a good thing so players who duck aren't rewarded.

EZA100

and their was a few free kicks where both teams didn't get rid of the ball properly which i was disappointed with but i saw a few for st.kilda that were bad decisions also so it is quite an accusation to make saying that the umpire was biased and that if the umps weren't so called cheats than st.kilda would of won.

Vincent

It's in the best interests of the AFL to keep the Tigers fans happy and keep the bandwagon going so they pull some massive crowds. I wouldn't be surprised if Demetriu has told the umps to favour Richmond in close games. After all, all he cares about is $$$

quinny88

You are an absolute tosser Vincent.. You're just proving it once again. Go the tiges!

Nige

What does it take to get a free for kicking in danger these days? Both sides were unlucky not to get a few under the rule.

Anyway, another shaky last quarter. I just want us to be able to close out games and not almost choke every single time. Again, a win is a win no matter how shoddy the performance was to get it. 4 points are ours and we're in the 8.

Bring on the Doggies next week.

Toga

One thing I want to say is that I'm almost glad we beat them like we did tonight... While it would've been nice to thump them, to have them draw back to within 4 points in the last quarter, only for us to hold on (without allowing them many scoring shots from that point on) should give us some confidence with those close games this year.

Good work tiges, bring on the Doggies next week! :)

Kellogscrunchynut

I reckon it was a good last quarter, since most of the time the saints went forward Richmond were able to quell their attack. I think they only had one goal which was an absolute pearler from Saad.

Can't wait till we play the Bulldogs, will be another good game if they can bring something from the Brisbane clash.

Nige

Are we giving Ivan enough credit?  ;)

Kellogscrunchynut

Probably not he has been rather solid these first two games, just because he hasn't been having fantasy blinders don't devalue him.

Nige

I think his ruck work has been great, I'd like to see him a tad more confident when he's in possession of the ball though and iirc, Bruce said something like 'looks like a stunned mullet' which he did several times in my opinion. If he can improve on that, I dare any ruckman to stop him!  :o 8)

Vincent

Quote from: NigeyS on April 06, 2013, 12:25:02 AM
What does it take to get a free for kicking in danger these days? Both sides were unlucky not to get a few under the rule.

the one that cotchin didn't get was because it was conca that kicked him. i suppose cotchin deserves a free kick for that too

pyronerd

Quote from: Vincent on April 06, 2013, 12:48:56 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on April 06, 2013, 12:25:02 AM

the one that cotchin didn't get was because it was conca that kicked him. i suppose cotchin deserves a free kick for that too

there was another one, I can't remember who was involved, that the tigers didn't get

having said that, there were a couple that we didn't get either, and don't get me started on the F50 free kicks again, every damn week Roo and Milney have all sorts done to them for sweet flower all frees, and then the ball goes down the other end only for some soft-ass holding the man free to be paid ::)

Vincent

saints were robbed. richmond got about 5 goals because of free kicks that weren't there and the ones that the saints should have gotten - they didnt. well done richmond you can win because of umpires

quinny88

Quote from: Vincent on April 06, 2013, 01:41:06 AM
saints were robbed. richmond got about 5 goals because of free kicks that weren't there and the ones that the saints should have gotten - they didnt. well done richmond you can win because of umpires

Boo hoo! The tiges won suck it up White Goodman! flower off to your own teams boards mate. You're a sh1t stirrer.. Get a life

Jroo