Forward options

Started by footyfan11, April 03, 2013, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

footyfan11

From what Im seeing around the site, I think we are all looking to rearrange at least one player in our forward line that will likely leak cash come the round 3 price change. Personally, players like robbo and zorko will probably leak subject to round 2 scores. Of course, I plan to recover these players at a cheaper price, but who can we trade to to bridge the price differential?

I'll list some players that I've been looking at:
Cloke
Monfries
Byrnes
JJK
Vickery
Puopolo

Would appreciate perhaps some other opinions on the matter. Cheers

Ricochet

Out of those I would say Cloke or JJK

westy501

Cloke JJK or maybe monfries but id wait to see their round 2 scores first to get a better idea...

hugebbq

agree with westy.

I believe its more important to make sure all rooks or bench players are playing and banking a round under their belt each week.

I say hold as the impact of a drop in price from these players at this stage is a guess. having all positions playing every game is more important to get price rises out of all positions. Say if you chose vlastuin in backline and you hold him this week and he isn't named. that's two weeks in a position that you potentially miss two price rises. this could effect you more than say robbos price drop for one week.

Windigo

True...But I kept Terlich and I reckon that might be the correct move TBH...

rider

I'm thinking of doing the same thing...

I managed to pick the best rooks i think, the only exception being Kane Mitchel, and I'm happy to give him another week (if sub again will trade).

Therefore I will be wasting my two trades unless i focus on the premos...

Looking at:

Robbo>Cloke
Zorko>JJK

Then next week with money saved will go:
Longer > Best Ruck (Mummy/Goldy/??)
Injury or Sub trade / Rookie bubble boy / High BE Sideways

Will bring in Leuy on the bubble the following week if he looks the goods, and can get back in Robbo/Zorko if firing again before their price recovers...

hugebbq

< have robbo and zorko too and will keep unless robbos out from concussion and zorkos groin prevents him from playing. these two will be more valuable to you than jjk and cloke in my opinion. you will only want to upgrade these later. all depends on whether you are after overall or league.

hugebbq

Quote from: Windigo on April 03, 2013, 01:11:57 PM
True...But I kept Terlich and I reckon that might be the correct move TBH...

agree if that's your only non playing pick as he has to be named this week you would think.

Just meant that too many non playing picks should be rectified before prems for mid pricers on the back of 1 round.

Now I guestioned upgrading danger to jobe in another thread but all my positions are playing and I made the right choice on rooks at this stage. danger just had me guessing from round 1 and i'll keep an eye on raines selection.

footyfan11

Quote from: rider on April 03, 2013, 01:20:33 PM
I'm thinking of doing the same thing...

I managed to pick the best rooks i think, the only exception being Kane Mitchel, and I'm happy to give him another week (if sub again will trade).

Therefore I will be wasting my two trades unless i focus on the premos...

Looking at:

Robbo>Cloke
Zorko>JJK

Then next week with money saved will go:
Longer > Best Ruck (Mummy/Goldy/??)
Injury or Sub trade / Rookie bubble boy / High BE Sideways

Will bring in Leuy on the bubble the following week if he looks the goods, and can get back in Robbo/Zorko if firing again before their price recovers...

It's as if you've just copied my thinking. I was thinking exactly these lines. I only play for league, so score differentials don't really matter at this stage (earlier round games are easy wins for me).

Very content with the rookie choices I've made. Therefore it's all about shifting players who will go down in price with those who will go up - only to re get them in at a later (and cheaper) date. To illustrate my thinking, I'm even considering this trade pending their respective round 2 scores - swan > Watson/sammy mitchell