Main Menu

Who goes when Tippett comes in?

Started by Samm79, April 03, 2013, 07:11:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samm79

After another cracking game on the weekend I am starting to think that Mike Pyke will hold his place when Tippett comes in, he's improved so much and I think is underrated. Who goes?? This will be debatable but Sam Reid would be the one. Thoughts?

ossie85

Sam Reid? That would be crazy surprising given the long term contract and faith they've given him. Plus he's a damn good player.

Why can't Mumford, Pyke, Tippett and Reid play in the same team? Did Mitch Morton play last week? Reckon its his spot that is gone :(

Samm79

Morton didn't play and I don't think will do with Benny McGlynn back.

Sam is a good player, but I'm not sure who will make way, and with structure being important I think dropping a small and adding another tall would require different structures.. Not sure if this would work.. :-\

ossie85

Samm79

May be, but he looks to be filling the void left by Alex Johnston down back, so I don't think so.

This question may be irrelevant with injuries, and it's not a bad problem to have, but I just can't find a solution that works  :-\

SydneyRox

I cant honestly answer the question either. Pyke, LRT and Reid are the obvious candidates.

Injury at the time will probably be the deciding factor.

All being injury free and in form Pyke has to be the weak link? That could change if he continues to play so well. I know Mummy probably isnt 100%, but Pyke ruck work on Saturday was much better than Mummys which allowed him to play in the fwd line and take all those marks.

Is it possible the Mummy could miss??  :o

Capper

yes it is possible Mummy could miss.

With AJ out for the year, either LRT, Rampe or Armstrong take his role. Having not watched the game on the weekend though i'm not sure. If a tall back is required then LRT will play down back, if a smaller back is required then Rampe or Armstrong will play.

Personally i think Rampe or Armstrong will miss, with either or LRT being the sub (red or green vest)

My question is that if Mumford, Pyke, Tippett, LRT and Reid play, are we too tall?

SydneyRox

Quote from: tabs on April 03, 2013, 01:13:32 PM
yes it is possible Mummy could miss.

With AJ out for the year, either LRT, Rampe or Armstrong take his role. Having not watched the game on the weekend though i'm not sure. If a tall back is required then LRT will play down back, if a smaller back is required then Rampe or Armstrong will play.

Personally i think Rampe or Armstrong will miss, with either or LRT being the sub (red or green vest)

My question is that if Mumford, Pyke, Tippett, LRT and Reid play, are we too tall?

Too tall? Maybe, but imagine the nightmare for opposition defenders if they are all playing!!

LRT would have to play as perma back, Reid as perma FF, with Pyke/Mummy doing the ruck and swinging through with Tippett to the forwards.

If they could get the combo to work, with Goodes, Jetta, McGlynn and Rohan as the crumbers make for one impressive attacking option!!

;D ;D

Vincent

You guys will have an injury by then. But if you dont then Pyke makes way. Mumford/Tippett would be the best ruck/forward duo in the competition since Mummy is dangerous around goal too

AFEV

Quote from: Vincent on April 03, 2013, 02:14:45 PM
You guys will have an injury by then. But if you dont then Pyke makes way. Mumford/Tippett would be the best ruck/forward duo in the competition since Mummy is dangerous around goal too
Ryder/Bellchambers & Nic Nat/Cox? ???
Don't think we can say that until we've seen them play together...

SydneyRox

Quote from: Sid on April 03, 2013, 02:21:55 PM

Ryder/Bellchambers is certainly far from proven! I would have Mumford/Pyke in front of them!

Nic Nat/Cox will still be #1 this year, but next year Coxy may spend more time up forward so will be interesting to see how he goes.

Samm79

I am not so sure, Pyke is still very underrated and rarely gets beaten.

AFEV

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 03, 2013, 03:07:19 PM
Quote from: Sid on April 03, 2013, 02:21:55 PM

Ryder/Bellchambers is certainly far from proven! I would have Mumford/Pyke in front of them!

Nic Nat/Cox will still be #1 this year, but next year Coxy may spend more time up forward so will be interesting to see how he goes.
Ummmmmmm...

Lets compare shall we. (2012 stats)

Mumford + Pyke
Games 29
Hitouts 47.3
Goals 1.1
Goal Assists 0.6
Marks 6.4
Cont. Marks 2.5
Disposals 20.4
Clearances 3.6

Ryder+Bellchambers
Games 31
Hitouts 49.9
Goals 1.7
Goal Assists 0.9
Marks 10.7
Cont. Marks 3.0
Disposals 25.2
Clearances 3.4

Ryder + Bellchambers wins every stat bar one. Also, they are 25 and 23 respectively, Pyke (29) and Mumford (26) are far older.

Definitely prefer Ryder and Belly. ;)

SydneyRox

Last years stats only tell half the story. Mummy only played 14 regular season games and was probably only 100% for 6 of those.

We can have another chat after round 10 when they play each other.

AFEV

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 04, 2013, 01:20:37 PM
Last years stats only tell half the story. Mummy only played 14 regular season games and was probably only 100% for 6 of those.
Ryder only played 15 games and was significantly hampered by injury.
Perhaps we should make a poll.