My first ever DT trades...

Started by RookieDTer, April 02, 2013, 09:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RookieDTer

Howdy,

So, first year playing, Round 1 is over... now for some trading!

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Guys I don't want:
Armstrong, Harper, Longer.

Guys I still want, but have not been fantastic (would consider trading):
Robinson, Kane Mitchell, Martin, Zorko, Blicavs, McVeigh, Kennedy, Heppell, Godard, Daw.

I have $50k cash.

Option 1.
-Armstrong +Terlich (if named), Stevenson onto the field.
-Longer + Kruezer.

Option 2.
-Armstrong +Terlich (if named)
-McVeigh (who plays a weak team this weak) + GAblett.

Option 3.
-Harper +Kennedy (knee jerk)
-Armstrong +Suban (knee jerk)

Current team at end of Round 1:
Goddard, Gibbs, Heppel, Armstrong, Pittard, Goodes, Heath, Stevenson
Swan, Pendles, Danger, Kennedy (Swans), McVeigh, Wines, Mitchell, O'Meara, Viney, Kommer
Cox, Longer, Blicvas, Daw
Zorko, ROckliff, Robinson, Martin, Harper, Karnezis, Mcaffer, Neade

What else could I do? -Robinson if he is not named, +Chapman..... any other thoughts?

Windigo

Robbo is right for this week.

getting Armstrong would be prority number one, or harper seeing Tony plays GWS. Anything can happen if he gets a full game.

powersuperkents

McVeigh isn't going to get a good score just because he's playing a weak team... last time he only scored 93 and the margin was 54-126 (that realistically won't happen again). Why did you even pick him he isn't even a dt relevant player he's usually picked by the odd team in your league and the coach is just the joker friend who doesn't know what he's doing or care about the outcome. Do you know how good players feel when they come up against a team with McVeigh?? It's the complete opposite of coming up against a team with Franklin when you don't have him. If I verse a team with McVeigh I don't even bother.. I laugh and say "well this is a guaranteed win either way" unless the team is really good, then I don't even notice McVeigh or I see him as the weakness of that team... He's only a tiny bit more relevant to dreamteam than his brother

RookieDTer

Absolutely fantastic pre-season, playing GWS and GCS in first two matches.... and, allowed me to start with 4 Premos and 2 mid pricers in my Fwd line... So, many reasons to have picked him.

Unfortunately, it looks like he will be a R2 trade out and my plan did not work.... though that is not all too bad as I will go into R2 with almost $180k (doing Armstrong to Terlich), so I can straight trade McVeigh to anyone (inc. GAblett) if I so desire.

Or, can trade McVeigh to Watson and still have $80k or so - which would allow me to easily trade up a player with a terrible B/E (such as Heppel, Dangerfield, Zorko) if I so desire.

So, the strategy is fairly sound, I think. Not too fussed if I have to trade Danger out after R2 and keep Zorko, as I can see Zorko being a Top 6 Fwd for the rest of the year, so his price movements matter less. Similarly, I can't see Heppel failing this year either - but wouldn't mind getting Hartlett in if need be, and eventually upgrade a rookie like Pittard to Heppel.

Danger needs about 130 and 131 to breakeven over the next two weeks..... with Raines this week, that might be difficult.... but I really feel I need to ditch Armstrong and can't believe I started Harper (traded to J.Kennedy).......

RookieDTer

Quote from: powersuperkents on April 03, 2013, 02:42:53 PM
McVeigh isn't going to get a good score just because he's playing a weak team... last time he only scored 93 and the margin was 54-126 (that realistically won't happen again). Why did you even pick him he isn't even a dt relevant player he's usually picked by the odd team in your league and the coach is just the joker friend who doesn't know what he's doing or care about the outcome. Do you know how good players feel when they come up against a team with McVeigh?? It's the complete opposite of coming up against a team with Franklin when you don't have him. If I verse a team with McVeigh I don't even bother.. I laugh and say "well this is a guaranteed win either way" unless the team is really good, then I don't even notice McVeigh or I see him as the weakness of that team...
Then again, his 124 was very much appreciated this week! I'm glad I kept him in.

A $470k player averaging 100 after two rounds!

Just means I can keep him for this third round, and work on upgrading my mid-price Fwds first (Or trade out a Premo with a terrible B/E).

My calculation is McVeigh has a B/E of 78. Since he averaged 91 last year, and just got a 124.

ALl he needs is a 102 or so and he will have made me $10k, and averaged >100 for the first three rounds.

It is indeed looking like it was a good choice.

powersuperkents

Quote from: RookieDTer on April 07, 2013, 11:08:13 AM
Quote from: powersuperkents on April 03, 2013, 02:42:53 PM
McVeigh isn't going to get a good score just because he's playing a weak team... last time he only scored 93 and the margin was 54-126 (that realistically won't happen again). Why did you even pick him he isn't even a dt relevant player he's usually picked by the odd team in your league and the coach is just the joker friend who doesn't know what he's doing or care about the outcome. Do you know how good players feel when they come up against a team with McVeigh?? It's the complete opposite of coming up against a team with Franklin when you don't have him. If I verse a team with McVeigh I don't even bother.. I laugh and say "well this is a guaranteed win either way" unless the team is really good, then I don't even notice McVeigh or I see him as the weakness of that team...
Then again, his 124 was very much appreciated this week! I'm glad I kept him in.

A $470k player averaging 100 after two rounds!

Just means I can keep him for this third round, and work on upgrading my mid-price Fwds first (Or trade out a Premo with a terrible B/E).

My calculation is McVeigh has a B/E of 78. Since he averaged 91 last year, and just got a 124.

ALl he needs is a 102 or so and he will have made me $10k, and averaged >100 for the first three rounds.

It is indeed looking like it was a good choice.
I admit I was wrong so far about his finance he looks like he could bag you some decent cash over the next few rounds but still don't get to far ahead of yourself, he is no keeper!!! Remember to downgrade or upgrade him as soon as his BE has hit it's peak...

Jukes

I've got McVeigh's BE at 72, I think that's right...

PowerBug

Keep McVeigh, he'll average 100 at the end of the season. I've been calling it for the last couple of months.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

powersuperkents

Quote from: SilkySkills on April 07, 2013, 03:01:24 PM
Keep McVeigh, he'll average 100 at the end of the season. I've been calling it for the last couple of months.
I'm sorry mate but I have to completely disagree with you there, I don't think he'll ever in his entire career average 100. At most a stellar season from McVeigh is a 95 average