AXVS: THE 2013 PREMIERSHIP LADDER, DRAW & RESULTS

Started by Colliwobblers, April 01, 2013, 12:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

I wouldn't want to play us with Boydy and Tuck back and firing. :D

Our top 4 mids - Boyd, Jelwood, Mitchell and Fyfe are all killing it. Gonna be hard to stop.

Jroo

Quote from: whatlez on July 29, 2013, 07:29:52 AM
Tigers with the most points against by far lol. Elephants second lol. If my team was as lucky as the Gazelles I would be 5th lol
We seem to be pretty unlucky this year. Whoever I play always seem to have a good week ::)

Colliwobblers

draw was a little flawed this season.  which is good makes it AFL like - realistic.

there are two schools of thought on the draw, should good teams have to play each other twice - therefore punishing them for being good, and bad teams get to play bad teams twice therefore rewarding them for being bad?

in the interest of a more even competitive comp that makes sense, but in the interest of a totally "even" draw regardless of team quality should it be play everyone once and random opponents for the double up games?

one thing is almost sure we wont be forced to play rivals twice just because they are our rivals THAT was a mistake and has skewed the draw a little this season.

this to be voted on anyway so maybe give it some thought....

Ricochet

If bad teams benefit from an easy draw one year they will just suffer from a harder draw the next... look at Adelaide  :P

tbagrocks

I'm all for playing your rival twice! Keeps it interesting and the fans happy!

Draws always go overrated imo, you have to beat whoever anyway, what goes around comes around ;)

Jroo

I'm not blaming my draw for having the most points against, I think the draw is if fine. I was just saying I've been unlucky some teams have had some big scores against me and I've put some poor scores in myself. What I love about AXVs is anyone can pretty much any team on any day. Tbh I thought it was going to be a long season for the Llamas and the Crabs and I though they would struggle to win games, but look what they've done.

tbagrocks

Comp is close enough, true Roo, the very best talented kids, 20yrs and younger are at either Crabs or Llamas, maybe the Ales :P

But depth of top talent, some were bound too step up and be competitive enough!

Crabs have surprised me a little, didn't think they were any better than us! Well they won't be for long ;)

Chin up Roo, decent trading brought your team up to a top standard, just a little unlucky but as I just said! What goes around, comes around!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 29, 2013, 06:44:14 PM
Comp is close enough, true Roo, the very best talented kids, 20yrs and younger are at either Crabs or Llamas, maybe the Ales :P

Crabs have surprised me a little, didn't think they were any better than us! Well they won't be for long ;)

Chin up Roo, decent trading brought your team up to a top standard, just a little unlucky but as I just said! What goes around, comes around!

Who do the Ales have outside Mayes?

BB67th

Nothing wrong with the draw. Never going to have something completely 100% fair. That's why it should stay the way it is, play the rival twice, every other team once and then random for the rest of the games. No one should complain when everyone gets a random team to verse for those last few rounds. And if people are complaining about points against, then there is really no point playing other teams every week and it might as well just be looking at a team's total points.

Jroo

Thanks Tbag, don't worry your team will be up there soon.
Quote from: BB67th on July 29, 2013, 07:36:23 PM
Nothing wrong with the draw. Never going to have something completely 100% fair. That's why it should stay the way it is, play the rival twice, every other team once and then random for the rest of the games. No one should complain when everyone gets a random team to verse for those last few rounds. And if people are complaining about points against, then there is really no point playing other teams every week and it might as well just be looking at a team's total points.
I'm not saying anything is wrong with the draw, as you said it can't be 100% fair. I'm not asking for it to change it's fine now. I was saying that I've been unlucky I have by far the most points against. I've beaten a few top 8 sides while I've lost to the Elephants twice, Eskimos and Crocs  ::)
Nothing against the draw, it's fine and doesn't need to change.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: whatlez on July 29, 2013, 06:59:13 PM

Jack Martin, Jesse Hogan and our starting 15 is young with depth.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on July 29, 2013, 09:03:20 PM
Quote from: whatlez on July 29, 2013, 06:59:13 PM

Jack Martin, Jesse Hogan and our starting 15 is young with depth.

Oh yeah you got Chris Masten for a potato.

And I'm with JRoo and how we've also been unlucky.

JBs-Hawks

Colliwobblers

we don't talk about THAT trade !

btw what did motlop score last week ? 160 +

that trae was not as bad as it looked motlop WILL be a gun and is a baby.

as for Harper - seriously who knows ??????

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Colliwobblers on July 30, 2013, 12:07:01 AM
we don't talk about THAT trade !

btw what did motlop score last week ? 160 +

that trae was not as bad as it looked motlop WILL be a gun and is a baby.

as for Harper - seriously who knows ??????
But you're not allowed to do 2 for 1 trades lol. The biggest thing is Motlop moved to another club ::)