Main Menu

Inner Demons

Started by MTTY, April 01, 2013, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Melbournes Finest

Why blame Neeld? When he has pea heart players like Jamar, Sellar, Sylvia, Dunn etc and a bunch of youngsters how can you blame him.

Big Mac

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on April 07, 2013, 08:43:52 AM
Why blame Neeld? When he has pea heart players like Jamar, Sellar, Sylvia, Dunn etc and a bunch of youngsters how can you blame him.

Because Neeld doesn't have the balls to stand up and tell them that it's not good enough. To tell them that if they don't perform, they will be dropped and the younger players will be given a run. Mark Neeld, doesn't even know what the standard is anymore.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: fidou on April 07, 2013, 06:33:16 AM
Well the solution is that Victoria has too many AFL clubs and one must go to accommodate a club from Tasmania.

Whether it is currently Melbourne or a club in financial stress it should happen. Ironically the Tas Govt is propping up two clubs atm.

no way you can get rid of the oldest football club in the land. no one will let that happen, even eddie made it clear Melbourne has to survive.

Money and any of that is not an issue the AFL and the people in and around the game can fix all that and make things happen.

Can't see a merge either for this reason.

even tho the Melbourne Bulldogs  or Melbourne Kangaroos would be in peoples minds.

it isn't a failing club - financial issue so it doesn't need that sort of solution.

the bulldozer solution for mine is the best one. But not the club, the infrastructure, the key personnel at the club need bulldozing.

even if none of them are to blame and all have potential.  At this point they cannot be part of the solution surely a clean out is required.

players need to turn up to training one day and have it on every level like they are no longer at the same club.

BratPack

I was thinking about this today some more, What Melbourne needs is an ex player to go on a Chad Dukes style rant.

Example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSXwzlXEipc

Colliwobblers

Quote from: BratPack on April 07, 2013, 03:20:12 PM
I was thinking about this today some more, What Melbourne needs is an ex player to go on a Chad Dukes style rant.

GOLD - love it  ;D  how dare you!  YOU SUCK!

relevant or what

gets better the longer it goes on!

BB67th

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 07, 2013, 03:26:24 PM

relevant or what

Wow that was a passionate fan. Only one thing I can say....

GET EM

BratPack

Quote from: BB67th on April 07, 2013, 09:18:59 PM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 07, 2013, 03:26:24 PM

relevant or what

Wow that was a passionate fan. Only one thing I can say....

GET EMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

fixed  :P

Mat0369

If the coach had any balls he would go into the next game with 17 players. Drop the others to the VFL or make them sit on the sideline and watch. He needs to make a bold statement to get his message across that if you don't put in any effort, you are not getting a game. I would rather go in undermanned then carry your sorry asses for another game. I know it is not likely to ever happen but this is honestly what needs to be done.

Big Mac

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 09, 2013, 03:16:38 AM
If the coach had any balls he would go into the next game with 17 players. Drop the others to the VFL or make them sit on the sideline and watch. He needs to make a bold statement to get his message across that if you don't put in any effort, you are not getting a game. I would rather go in undermanned then carry your sorry asses for another game. I know it is not likely to ever happen but this is honestly what needs to be done.

He really does need to do something like this. It's just too easy for the players to get away with the effort they put in (or lack thereof).

Ziplock

I wouldn't say 17, I'd say 19 or 20. You really want some bench or you risk injury.

T Dog

How about just putting their best team on the park in their best positions and making them accountable?  :-\

Colliwobblers

Quote from: T Dog on April 09, 2013, 02:44:08 PM
How about just putting their best team on the park in their best positions and making them accountable?  :-\

sensible :)

forget the scoreboard and forget the result.

put every single player on an opposition player and tell him to beat that opponent.

have a very simple structure and just try to play 1 on 1 footy and have a few wins.

build from there.

list is not talentless and no footy player wants to feel or perform like these guys are, results will come but the bar needs to be lowered not heightened and the game plan simplified, and the objective made small, even tiny victories all on the path to a future objective.

which would be some self belief and team spirit and pride, nothing to do with scoreboard or winning or losing just make it about playing FOOTBALL

tbagrocks

Quote from: T Dog on April 09, 2013, 02:44:08 PM
So get the footy and kick it forward? Chase your opponent and of course, try!

Neeld plays GWS in two weeks, could be his last game!

Toga

Good to see the chopping knife was out today swinging at a few heads!

Reckon it's what some of the Dees need, a good kick up the arse. :-[

Big Mac

It might be stupid but I kind've hope that some of the dees get LTI's so Couch and Magner can come in and get some game time.