Main Menu

Inner Demons

Started by MTTY, April 01, 2013, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Been apart of some shocking performances from my mob as well but now we have bounced back.

Melbourne have had a socking 6-7 years but i have no doubt in my mind that they will bounce back, Get 50-70 games into your newer crop of players and anything is possible.

BB67th

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 06, 2013, 11:32:15 PM
no port was as bad last season, look what a change of president, coach captain did for them, they aren't going to win a lot and they a long way from great, but they LOOK a different side and their supporters would be proud still to be supporters.

Dees' just have to make the hard call ans sack everyone from captains up.

yes i rate grimes and trengove but neither can lead this team.

and neeld may be great but he can't coach them any more either.

I half agree with you here Colli. I don't think Port was as bad last year, they were still competitive just about every week. Demons can't do anything at the moment.

But what really gets me about Melbourne is that they have been getting worse and worse for the last 5 years. They have not been improving since their rebuild started.

They need a new coach, new president, new CEO and a new look.

I also think that the message that Darcy is putting across is very true about the beards. It's this culture point that I've mentioned before. It's that commitment to the club to give every little bit that isn't there at the moment.

Only three players got a pass for me tonight from the Demons, Howe, Grimes and Jones. The rest don't deserve a spot in a senior team at the moment.

Ziplock

viney was playing injured though...

seriously but, what a joke.

quinny88

Wow.. what a rabble. And to think I was bood 30 times when I said they recruited badly. Dont think anyone would argue with my point now!

Does the coach last till next round? Im not sure, something has to change though. They cant sack every player so I think there will be a clean out at the top of the tree

BB67th

Quote from: Ziplock on April 06, 2013, 11:57:00 PM

Yes that's true actually, Viney is excused, he also would get a game. Will turn out to be a very good player.

That's the thing Quinny, I don't think after two games they can sack a coach. Just wait another 10 rounds.

And now I am making a big prediction. After the Demons go winless this year, the new coach for the Demons will be Garry Lyon.

quinny88

Quote from: BB67th on April 07, 2013, 12:04:20 AM

Yes that's true actually, Viney is excused, he also would get a game. Will turn out to be a very good player.

That's the thing Quinny, I don't think after two games they can sack a coach. Just wait another 10 rounds.

And now I am making a big prediction. After the Demons go winless this year, the new coach for the Demons will be Garry Lyon.

Garry Lyon? He's been responsible for the last 2 coaches getting their job at Melbourne! dont think he will be in favour at demon land somehow.
I know its early to sack a coach but he literally cannot get these players to play for him so whats the point in him being there? If he lasts this week his next life is the GWS game in 2 weeks. They lose that and hes gone

Noz

They don't even play for each other, They have been battered and beaten the past couple of years guys like Frawley, Sylvia, Davey, Jamar, Garland and co just don't care anymore. This attitude has passed onto the younger crop of players such as McDonald and second gamer Toumpas. They just don't care anymore.

Davey and Sylvia are unrestricted free agents this year, Honestly let them go they don't care anymore, Get a 2nd/3rd round compo pick for them and continue the rebuilding stage.

Still don't and probably never will understand why they got rid of Jarrad Rivers he was their best defender and they let him go for Gillies  ::)

BB67th

You know thinking about it now I think Noz is right. This rebuild hasn't worked, none of these senior players care anymore. Bring in a coach like Paul Roos who can build a club and make it a football club again. Get rid of all those who dont care,
get picks and be ready for a tough 5 years.

The thing that gets me in all of this is that before Bailey got sacked, things weren't that bad. They still managed 9 and a half
wins in 2011 and were clearly on the rise. Then one shocking loss, Bailey is gone. Neeld comes in, ignores all the work
Bailey has done building and brings in players like Gilles,
Rodan and Byrnes. This starts another rebuild that has then failed which means another rebuild will have to happen. This has put them back 7 years.

Oh and lastly well down to Jared Rivers for getting out at the right time.

Cicjose

Quote from: BB67th on April 07, 2013, 12:04:20 AM

Gary Lyon has publically announced thousands of times he wont take the job?.... and who can blame him?

have Melbourne got ANYTHING to work with?

Viney? anyone else?

Ziplock

I'll coach them.

make them run laps all day.

oi, check this, from aflbabble 's FB page

"Lynden Dunn's mum just rang SEN saying that the Dees hierarchy 'should be shot'. She added they have 'demoralized the young players' #wow" - Brett Anderson @BrettAndersonIF

Ziplock

pick sheedy up when he leaves the giants, he'll fix the club up :P

BratPack

What chance GWS actually start FAVOURITES in two weeks?

nostradamus

lnvite Grimes, Viney, Howe & the 2 Jonses out to lunch and bulldoze the whole joint, then start again from scratch

fidou

Well the solution is that Victoria has too many AFL clubs and one must go to accommodate a club from Tasmania.

Whether it is currently Melbourne or a club in financial stress it should happen. Ironically the Tas Govt is propping up two clubs atm.

nrich102

Who to Sack
-Jamar
-Neeld
-Most of the players