Main Menu

Inner Demons

Started by MTTY, April 01, 2013, 12:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 01, 2013, 03:50:57 PM
Although Melbourne have a young side, I would like to see them play some unsociable footy. They have some big solid bodies in that team, and if they are not going to win a contest, I would like to see them impact it in some way, even if they give away the free.

good point, my junior (teenage) Qafl club coach used to say, "if you don't win the game, that's ok but make sure you win the fight"

and there was one every week  ::)

not sure i would suggest the dees go that far, but not a totally merit-less attitude

MTTY

A few notes from the game so far:

- Toumpas isn't ready for AFL
- Matt Jones is probably the only competitor (aside from Viney) out there.
- Watts needs to be dropped, applies no body contact at all
- Our fitness is not the required level for AFL
- Our marking across the ground needs to improve, dramatically
- Jamar needs to go
- Gillies isn't a first or second defender, at best he has to play on the third tall

Colliwobblers

one note from the game so far - there is no way the coach keeps his job - right or wrong.

Noz

Yeah Jamar needs to go just seems to have taken a massive step back to where he was a couple of years ago but the question is who comes in to replace him. Not many options at all. Still think that picking up someone like Cameron Wood just to ease the pressure of Jamar wouldn't of been the worst idea. Wood may not be the most fashionable ruck man but can play the role.

Do Melbourne have a lot in the salary cap left over after forking out massive contracts to Dawes and Clarke in recent years?

Maybe they could make a play for Warnock.

Purple 77

Nah, that's the final straw.

You will not see me contribute or post in this Melbourne section for the rest of 2013. I don't see why I should contribute to a team that does nothing for it's supporters.

Cya Melbourne Section, maybe 2014!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 06, 2013, 10:30:49 PM

You will not see me contribute or post in this Melbourne section for the rest of 2013. I don't see why I should contribute to a team that does nothing for it's supporters.

a new coach a new captain (jones or garland/frawley imo) and everything changes - keep the faith.

plenty - like A LOT of clubs have gone from zero to hero in a single season.  but not without significant changes at the top.

MTTY

Quote from: Colliwobblers on April 06, 2013, 10:06:43 PM
one note from the game so far - there is no way the coach keeps his job - right or wrong.

For me, its not the coach. Its the players.

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on April 06, 2013, 10:30:49 PM

I think i've hit that point too purple..

Noz

Melbourne supporters have been brave and have put up with a lot surely something has got to change soon.

Hang in there boys and keep your heads up.

MTTY

There are four players who deserve my praise from this 'performance'

Matt Jones, Jeremy Howe, Nathan Jones and Jack Viney

Nige

Yeah, Neeld can't take the blame for this. The coach can only do so much...

Jeremy Hower is a very good player in my opinion. Viney and Matt Jones have been good...but some of the senior players have really been bad.

And yeah, Jamar's waaaaaay past it. But who do Melbourne turn to? Cam Pedersen and Mitch Clark? Gawn, Fitzpatrick and Sellar have go to be definite nos?

MTTY

Quote from: NigeyS on April 06, 2013, 10:53:23 PM
Yeah, Neeld can't take the blame for this. The coach can only do so much...

Jeremy Hower is a very good player in my opinion. Viney and Matt Jones have been good...but some of the senior players have really been bad.

And yeah, Jamar's waaaaaay past it. But who do Melbourne turn to? Cam Pedersen and Mitch Clark? Gawn, Fitzpatrick and Sellar have go to be definite nos?

Gawn

MTTY

Nah that is it, how we can even be called a football team.

BB67th

RIP Melbourne Football Club 1859 - 2013

Colliwobblers

no port was as bad last season, look what a change of president, coach captain did for them, they aren't going to win a lot and they a long way from great, but they LOOK a different side and their supporters would be proud still to be supporters.

Dees' just have to make the hard call ans sack everyone from captains up.

yes i rate grimes and trengove but neither can lead this team.

and neeld may be great but he can't coach them any more either.