Main Menu

Hahaha

Started by Noz, April 01, 2013, 12:38:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Surely not :P  That will kill them off early! Port have been flying for weeks so I'd say no, but last two years!  :o

Tipping Wines and Wingard to gun ;)

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 02, 2013, 08:10:37 PM
Surely not :P  That will kill them off early! Port have been flying for weeks so I'd say no, but last two years!  :o

Tipping Wines and Wingard to gun ;)

haha, patton was the highest scoring forward rookie this round

#justsaying

nah, we'll dominate. GWS forwards are a cut above ports, our KPB above yours, our mids maybe even, our rucks smash yours.

Giants by 15 :p

elephants

#wishfulthinking ^

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on April 03, 2013, 01:51:32 AM
#wishfulthinking ^

really?

cause atm we're sitting 1 for none against them... our team is younger and subsequently has more potential to improve over one pre-season as well. Last year we lost to the swans by 60 points and 90 points... last week we lost by 30, in contrast port managed to beat the 16th ranked team last year. Congrats :P

ossie85

Zip has a point...... GWS are bad, and if they lose to the Giants, the Power are still bad :P

TheAnt

Port will win for McCarthy.
"Key events of the night are:

• A video on the AAMI Stadium screens, featuring tributes from John’s team-mates
• A specially-made banner to be unfurled over a section of the crowd
• Port Adelaide players to run through a banner acknowledging John, created by the Port Adelaide Football Club Cheer Squad
• GWS cheer squad banner to acknowledge John
• Port Adelaide and GWS players to wear black arm bands during the match
• Port Adelaide and GWS players and officials and the crowd to participate in a minute’s silence immediately before of the game

Saturday’s game is part of a program of tributes to John, also including:

• The number 35 guernsey worn by John retired for 2013
• The number 35 locker used by John retired for 2013
• The number 35 guernsey and locker will be assigned in 2014 to a player deemed by the club and its players to represent John’s values and attributes
• An award in John McCarthy’s name will be introduced at the 2013 Port Adelaide Best and Fairest presentation, in honour of a player’s off-field contribution
• John’s name to be linked to a cause and charity which will benefit from funds raised at Port Adelaide’s Round 14 (4.10pm Saturday 29 June at AAMI Stadium) clash against Collingwood, with whom he played for four seasons before joining the Power."

quinny88

Quote from: TheAnt on April 03, 2013, 12:02:14 PM
Port will win for McCarthy.
"Key events of the night are:

• A video on the AAMI Stadium screens, featuring tributes from John’s team-mates
• A specially-made banner to be unfurled over a section of the crowd
• Port Adelaide players to run through a banner acknowledging John, created by the Port Adelaide Football Club Cheer Squad
• GWS cheer squad banner to acknowledge John
• Port Adelaide and GWS players to wear black arm bands during the match
• Port Adelaide and GWS players and officials and the crowd to participate in a minute’s silence immediately before of the game

Saturday’s game is part of a program of tributes to John, also including:

• The number 35 guernsey worn by John retired for 2013
• The number 35 locker used by John retired for 2013
• The number 35 guernsey and locker will be assigned in 2014 to a player deemed by the club and its players to represent John’s values and attributes
• An award in John McCarthy’s name will be introduced at the 2013 Port Adelaide Best and Fairest presentation, in honour of a player’s off-field contribution
• John’s name to be linked to a cause and charity which will benefit from funds raised at Port Adelaide’s Round 14 (4.10pm Saturday 29 June at AAMI Stadium) clash against Collingwood, with whom he played for four seasons before joining the Power."

That's fantastic that they are paying tribute to John but emotion won't win them the game. As is frequently said, emotion lasts about 10 minutes after the opening bounce. I still think port should win but they are no garuntee like they seem to think they are. I have never had anything against port but now I hope gws smash em to knock Noz off his high horse :P

Ziplock

hahahahahaha

I love how they've tried to pick the only game they think they can win :P

Noz

The only reason Giants beat us last season was because they were all up because of Sheedys 1000 game.

Port will not loose.

GM

Quote from: Ziplock on April 03, 2013, 01:24:10 PM
hahahahahaha

I love how they've tried to pick the only game they think they can win :P
First Home Game Zip, do you think.

ossie85

Quote from: Noz on April 03, 2013, 02:51:04 PM
The only reason Giants beat us last season was because they were all up because of Sheedys 1000 game.

Port will not loose.

Here I thought it was because they scored more than you :P

Ziplock

Quote from: ossie85 on April 03, 2013, 03:08:02 PM

Port will not loose.

Here I thought it was because they scored more than you :P

mmmm, that is generally how it works....

I suppose the giants might not put their all into it if they feel really bad about mccarthy....

other than that, gg.

elephants

Quote from: Ziplock on April 03, 2013, 03:18:14 AM
Quote from: elephants on April 03, 2013, 01:51:32 AM
#wishfulthinking ^

really?

cause atm we're sitting 1 for none against them... our team is younger and subsequently has more potential to improve over one pre-season as well. Last year we lost to the swans by 60 points and 90 points... last week we lost by 30, in contrast port managed to beat the 16th ranked team last year. Congrats :P

TO be fair, they didn't just beat the 16th ranked team, they mauled them ;)

Port will not loose.

Nope, I agree. Port will not loose, they could lose but they won't loose.

Ziplock

just saying- pretty sure port's the only team in the comp to have lost to both gc and gws :P

Noz

GWS and GC are the only teams in the AFL that's never played a final.  :P