Final Teams for Sunday's Matches

Started by essendon2, March 29, 2013, 05:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pinochio

Quote from: Windigo on March 29, 2013, 07:08:10 PM
How frustrating is it!

Having Blicavs at R2 just makes the whole team look better.  :-\

The more I think about the more I'm sure he'll play. It'll be West & Blicavs over a West & Walker combo surely.

i agree windy!

just so nerve racking, dont know....im so back and forth!!!

Windigo

Was leaning toward Longer, but then my gut says Blicavs surely for the game!?  :(

Ajax22

Quote from: Windigo on March 29, 2013, 07:12:04 PM
Was leaning toward Longer, but then my gut says Blicavs surely for the game!?  :(

Just go Longer. If you don't then what happens if they drop Blicavs either of the next 2 rounds? Your other rucks are gonna be useless so just take the free backup that Blicavs provides and if your lucky it'll be a bit of cash generation too

Windigo

INT: Trent West, Josh Caddy, Mathew Stokes, Allen Christensen, George Horlin-Smith, Josh Walker, Jesse Stringer

What I don't get is this:

CATS INJURY LIST

Updated 28/3/2013

Jed Bews (foot) â€" indefinite
George Burbury (foot) â€" indefinite
Daniel Menzel (knee) â€" 2-3 weeks
Lincoln McCarthy (foot) â€" indefinite
Hamish McIntosh (knee) â€" indefinite
Dawson Simpson (back) â€" indefinite
Nathan Vardy (groin) â€" indefinite
Trent West (knee) â€" 1-2 weeks NAMED ON 7 MAN BENCH

Flame

Quote from: Windigo on March 29, 2013, 07:12:04 PM
I'm thinking of doing the same Windi! Hopefully not to risky!

Ricochet

Quote from: Windigo on March 29, 2013, 07:36:29 PM
INT: Trent West, Josh Caddy, Mathew Stokes, Allen Christensen, George Horlin-Smith, Josh Walker, Jesse Stringer

What I don't get is this:

CATS INJURY LIST

Updated 28/3/2013

Jed Bews (foot) â€" indefinite
George Burbury (foot) â€" indefinite
Daniel Menzel (knee) â€" 2-3 weeks
Lincoln McCarthy (foot) â€" indefinite
Hamish McIntosh (knee) â€" indefinite
Dawson Simpson (back) â€" indefinite
Nathan Vardy (groin) â€" indefinite
Trent West (knee) â€" 1-2 weeks NAMED ON 7 MAN BENCH
Where was this from? Scott said in a press conference he was pushing for Round 1 and is nearly there

Windigo

In what? Starting Blicavs?

I'm gunna risk it, flower it. Found this as well on West...:

By Ben Jensen. The Cattery, un-offical page of the Geelong Cats since 2002....:

HAWTHORN HAWKS V GEELONG CATS EASTER MONDAY sees two great sides continue their rivalry at the MCG, the Cats seeking to win their tenth straight game over the Hawks, who hope to make the most of Lance 'Buddy' Franklin while still at the club. Of the last nine wins by the Cats seven have been less than ten points. The last such match in round 19 last season saw the Cats in front by some 51 points early in the second quarter, the Hawks going on the snatch the lead back, Geelong only winning the match thanks to a Tom Hawkins goal after the siren 52 metres from goal.

Missing for the Cats are suspended triple-premiership duo Steve Johnson and James Kelly, while Josh Hunt is out with injury. Trent West has been named on the bench but is unlikely to play, Josh Walker penciled in to take his place. Mark Blicavs, named as first ruck, is set to make his incredible debut,

Logic tells me that Blicavs plays, West is dodgy and will sit out and Walker is back up.

@ Rico from the Geelong cattery website, I dunno how reliable it is TBH!  :P

Ricochet

Aahh ok fair enough.

So for those going with Blicavs... what is the plan next week then

Because i just don't see it working

pinochio

i kinda scared of cavs as R2 tbh.....

maybe just get goldy and forget about rucks......

glynman

Quote from: Ricochet on March 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM
Aahh ok fair enough.

Hope that Rowe comes in and play him, otherwise use DPP to swap Rowe and Cox and then I should have cover for Rowe in the forward line.

Andrew

Quote from: glynman on March 29, 2013, 07:58:35 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 29, 2013, 07:48:53 PM
Aahh ok fair enough.

Hope that Rowe comes in and play him, otherwise use DPP to swap Rowe and Cox and then I should have cover for Rowe in the forward line.

I've got $117k in the bank currently, I would be looking at maybe downgrading a rookie slightly so I could afford upgrading Naismith (random $89k ruck) to Longer. Fair from ideal and not the trade I'm wanting to do so I'll be thinking long and hard as to whether this is the structure I want. I don't want Zac Smith but he's better than a doughnut either this week or next. These ruck options have been an absolute killer this year and decisions made during first week of round 1 have made it difficult to adjust.

pinochio

so whats everyone actually doing :P

blicavs as R2 or not with no emg covering.....

Bones Bombers

Longer R2, Blicavs R3 and Daw R4.
Now have Longer Cox in the ruck :P

Andrew

Quote from: pinochio on March 29, 2013, 08:32:43 PM
so whats everyone actually doing :P

blicavs as R2 or not with no emg covering.....

It's either that or Zac Smith for mine. I've just changed to having Zac Smith in my side and to be honest I think I'll have to stick with it. He's not the worst pick after a good pre-season, just felt better getting the most out of a rookie.

Quote from: Bones Bombers on March 29, 2013, 08:35:37 PM
Longer R2, Blicavs R3 and Daw R4.
Now have Longer Cox in the ruck :P

Hahaha very nice :P

Holz

Cox Currie Goldy Blicavs for me.

pocket the 133 from gibbs as VC and I have a guy with an easy draw playing as the sole ruck and has averaged 99 in the past.