Which FWD mid pricer?

Started by kenjo, March 29, 2013, 01:42:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenjo

Hey guys, missed the JJK train so tossing up between Kieran Harper who is named in the centre for the roos or Shannon Byrnes who is named half forward or even forward pocket for dees...who to pick for this round?

Windigo

IMO, Shano has been unfairly treated this pre-season.

He is the cheapest of all the mid pricers.

It goes Shano - Patton - Maccaffer.

I'm willing to pay that bit extra for his JS. People playing Caff at F6 don't have a F8 rookie playing.

Going at 60/100 mins. Not great, but not horrendous. Either, snagged a 66 in the last NAB game as well.

Is locked at my F6 because of his JS.

kenjo

As a Geelong supporter I have no doubt Byrnes can avg around the 65-70 mark, but with B Harvey out for 6 weeks or so I remember reading somewhere Harper could take his place until he returns, so for 30k more he could give you a better return, say a 75-80 avg...??

Lions01

Missed the JJK train as well, he played really well and pushed up the ground lots prefer him over all those option. I'm simply getting a 1 week fill in and jumping on him next week.

I'd go Byrnes against Port, should score alright then trade him to JJK

Windigo

Quote from: kenjo on March 29, 2013, 02:29:54 PM
As a Geelong supporter I have no doubt Byrnes can avg around the 65-70 mark, but with B Harvey out for 6 weeks or so I remember reading somewhere Harper could take his place until he returns, so for 30k more he could give you a better return, say a 75-80 avg...??

Harper averaged 50 from 22 games. That's with vests though.

Doesn't instill me with much confidence.

Adamant

Harper may get Boomers role for the first 6 weeks, but that doesn't mean he'll score like him.

It's not like he has Boomers talent...

Windigo

Quote from: Adamant on March 29, 2013, 04:03:27 PM
Harper may get Boomers role for the first 6 weeks, but that doesn't mean he'll score like him.

It's not like he has Boomers talent...

Precisely. Look at Lucas already, hyped to the shizen/dominates NAB, gets to the real thing and doesn't fire a shot.

Going with Shano (Provenish) & Karny (good stats to back him up in NEAFL)

essendon2

Quote from: Windigo on March 29, 2013, 03:43:43 PM
Quote from: kenjo on March 29, 2013, 02:29:54 PM

Harper averaged 50 from 22 games. That's with vests though.

Doesn't instill me with much confidence.
I see him averaging at least 10 more than Macaffer for first 5-6 rounds! 75-80 is viable. Named in the centre and has averaged 84 point per 100m in NAB. Worth the risk 8)

yorgis

Hey Windi, here's one for ya !! who has better JS and may score more byrnsey or travvy varcoe ??

Windigo

Both are equal in the JS.

Shano get's the nod for scoring potential with more season averaging higher than Trav.

Averaged 93 in the VFL last year not going under 18 touches all year.

I'm selecting Shano with confidence. If people had cared to look a little further and not just at the putrid 40 average they'd be surprised what they find:

R14: Started as sub (On in Q3, 11 touches & 40 points)

R18: Subbed Off At H/T (2 goals, 6 touches & 43 points)

R21: Started as Sub ( On in Q3, 2 goals, 8 touches & 36 points)

R23: Played Full game, 53 points

R24: Started As Sub (On in Q3, 8 touches & 26 points)

Didn't do much in 2012, got a nice 74, but 2012 was a write off AFL wise.

By the end I think he knew he was on the outer and didn't care much.  :P

kenjo

thanks windigo and everyone else for the input, I'm gonna go with Byrnes for this week and like lions1 mentioned, will get on JJK next week. A happy long weekend to you all :-)

Windigo

No worries, check out my edited post above!

yorgis

tbagrocks

lolamusi

Is karnezis really a valid option because i hadn't heard of him before NAB and while lions do fine dt points wise there are a lot of good forwards already