4. Sydney
5. Fremantle
6. Carlton
7. Adelaide
8. Geelong

tbagrocks

Guy's as big a tosser as Demetriou

elephants

Hah! I have Freo in 5th place and I think that's spot on.

Mat0369

With West Coasts injury count I can't see them making top 4. Yeah they will beat the majority of the teams at home, but I can see them dropping at least 3 more games on the road. That will give them at least 4 losses. On the past few years if they drop one or two more games they will be squeezed out of the 4. They will make top 8 easily, but unless they get healthy in a hurry, top 4 will be a stretch

elephants

Time will tell mate but I've got faith in our backup brigade. We weren't disgraced in the derby despite missing 5+ first team regulars + being down rotations for a substantial amount of the second half.

Freo definitely deserved to win but given the circumstances I'm not shattered with that loss. Freo at home will be a tough ask for any opposition this year.

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on March 25, 2013, 11:08:24 PM
To explain what Cic is saying

Damo's top 8

1. Fremantle
2. Collingwood
3. West Coast
4. Hawthorn
5. Geelong
6. Sydney
7. Adelaide
8. North Melbourne
Wow big call. I see us pushing top 4

anchorman

Gee I am surprised that this tosser even knows that the two WA sides exist.I have had a couple of heated phone discussions with him.He is as I say a tosser.

elephants

Quote from: anchorman on March 26, 2013, 03:46:44 PM
Gee I am surprised that this tosser even knows that the two WA sides exist.I have had a couple of heated phone discussions with him.He is as I say a tosser.

Hahah what about? How'd you get onto him?

anchorman

About WA football.About how the Eagles were in dire trouble and $15mil in the red when the football commission was formed.The reason why it was formed.
He was typical Victorian and thought he knew it all,bet he knew JS. Gave him the name of the book on history of WA football.But he said he wouldn't or could't be bothered to find out the truth.
He had just written a scathing article on Fremantle in the paper.I rang and took him to task about it.I think I put his nose out of place  a wee bit.

Mat0369

Quote from: elephants on March 26, 2013, 01:40:01 AM
Time will tell mate but I've got faith in our backup brigade. We weren't disgraced in the derby despite missing 5+ first team regulars + being down rotations for a substantial amount of the second half.

Freo definitely deserved to win but given the circumstances I'm not shattered with that loss. Freo at home will be a tough ask for any opposition this year.

They started really well but the momentum swung to Freo when Hams went for the ridiculous shot on goal from 15 out. Freo just seemed to be able to run the game out better and that had a bit to do with it being early in the season and the rotations. They definitely have the depth but it will still be tough. Freo played a much better second half and were able to tackle and spread better then West Coast.

I just had a look at the Eagles fixture, they have a relatively soft draw up until the bye. Around the bye week they should have a lot of those injured guys back. There are 3 games up until then which would be pending on injuries that they could drop. The Hawks in round 2 (although the Hawks might be underdone with a short week and a flight to Perth), Brisbane at the Gabba (lost it last season) and St Kilda at Etihad. Maybe 4 depending on how North play but being over a Pattersons you would expect the Eagles to win that.

Freo have the Swans, Hawks and Crows away. They also play Collingwood at home.

The battle for a top 4 spot could come back to the next derby. It might end up being a 2 game swing.

elephants

Yeah man, our injuries have come at an ok time. Still is bs that we have them in the first place ::)

Mat0369

Quote from: elephants on March 27, 2013, 05:34:18 PM
Yeah man, our injuries have come at an ok time. Still is bs that we have them in the first place ::)

Every team has to contend with injuries, you jut have to hope it does not hit your key players. West Coast have had a bad run the last two seasons

anchorman

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 27, 2013, 05:38:10 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 27, 2013, 05:34:18 PM

Every team has to contend with injuries, you jut have to hope it does not hit your key players. West Coast have had a bad run the last two seasons
our collective Docker hearts bleed for you. :o :'(
Yeah riiiiight.