Jimmy Bartel
10 (31.3%)
Paul Chapman
2 (6.3%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Tominator

Hey guys I've got Steve Johnson in my team and he is suspended Round 1, so who should I grab in his place?

I will be trading SJ back into my team after either Round 2 or 3, depending on how these players go

My options are:

Jude Bolton - GWS, GC, NM
UPSIDE: Awesome NAB form, tackling machine, very easy draw
DOWNSIDE: Old, has a bad knee, could get vested/rested

Nick Riewoldt - GCS, RIC, GWS
UPSIDE: Very easy draw, tends to beat up on weaker teams, proven goalkicker
DOWNSIDE: Saints are on the decline, GC/GWS defenders are getting better

Mitch Robinson - RIC, STK, GEE
UPSIDE: Proven point-scorer
DOWNSIDE: Can throw in the odd shocker, no expansion clubs first up

Jimmy Bartel - HAW, NM, CARL
UPSIDE: Gun DT player, can play everywhere
DOWNSIDE: Price, hard draw

Paul Chapman - HAW, NM, CARL
UPSIDE: Very reliable DT scorer, will play midfield and forward
DOWNSIDE: Getting older, DT scores dropped off last year

I cannot afford Buddy and I already have Cox (in RUC), Rockliff, Martin and Zorko

If there is somebody else you think would fit well in this spot that I haven't mentioned then please do!

Cheers fellas

Adamant

Has to be NRoo if you're going short term. Robbo, Bartel and Chapman are all 100% keepers, and Bolton doesn't exactly smash the weaker teams.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Adamant on March 23, 2013, 03:35:30 PM
Has to be NRoo if you're going short term. Robbo, Bartel and Chapman are all 100% keepers, and Bolton doesn't exactly smash the weaker teams.
+1
All the other player you can't just dump.... Nroo is the only one you'd want to get rid of... Bolton sucks ass

Affliction

Bolton for me I like his chances of having 100 point average after 2 rounds

Tominator

Robbo has been in a tagging role of late too....

If I get SJ back after Round 3 I will be banking on a price rise (or a drop of less than 5K) from whoever I take, might be smarter to get NRoo, especially given his easier third week

Windigo

Jude did pretty well against GWS & Suns from memory last year. Get on him!  :)

KoopKicka

Tominator

Interesting how Bartel has the most votes but nobody has commented why I should pick him   :P

Windigo

Love the big stage so tough teams won't hold him back, is proven, reliable & has had a good pre-season, is consistent and IMO could surprise with his best season in a while.  :)

yorgis

most of them are keepers anyway, i'd go for rooey, he could do pretty well in the first few rnds or he could spud

up completely. Just make sure you have the cash diff to sideways trade in sj. i gues another relatively important

factor is their B/E's

Flame

I'm thinking Roo COULD be a good unique especially after the weekend where the dead certs didn't really fire!!

blue

mate if the one you choose scores too well then you are going to want to keep him. If you want a short term replacement choose cloke because i can promise you that you will want to trade him asap

Adamant

Quote from: blue on March 25, 2013, 12:36:53 AM
mate if the one you choose scores too well then you are going to want to keep him. If you want a short term replacement choose cloke because i can promise you that you will want to trade him asap

Haha that is a fair point. ;D

Ricochet

Bartel's record against Hawks is very impressive

lolamusi

what about wright ;D proved me right yesterday, but dunno if he can keep that up for too long