Step up, Brent Stanton, and do a job on Patrick Dangerfield

Started by Ricochet, March 22, 2013, 01:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

So Essendon boys, what do you think... Will he play a defensive role?

Justin Bieber

No he won't Ric! If you pull out of spudton because of this then I dont know, you suck at picking players haha

Ricochet

Quote from: whatlez on March 22, 2013, 11:50:05 AM
No he won't Ric! If you pull out of spudton because of this then I dont know, you suck at picking players haha
haha so i can't consider new info/news if I've had him locked all preseason??

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Fletch74 on March 22, 2013, 10:51:00 AM
Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 22, 2013, 09:46:03 AM
Yeah guys you are just agreeing with me, these guys SHOULD be elite. can be elite, drafted high every one of them because of natural talent and huge potential, just not developing at the bombers.

that is my point, nothing to do with or about any of them being spuds, it is about their development at their club.

it is just the facts. the why i cannot tell you.
You missed what Sid said. It's injuries, not development. Their development has been hindered by injuries!!

that has not helped no but most of it has been soft tissue and part of developing players is not injuring them :)

not knocking the bombers, not knocking the players, just noting what I see as a stark shortcoming in one key area.

how good they could be and should be is my point.

i drafted a number of them in XVS because i have faith but it is something there that i feel isn't fight that needs to be got right and then BOOM

great club, with some POTENTIAL stars on the list. would like to see even half of them reach their potential and if / when that happens the bombers will be a lock for finals action.

defence is looking good hurley WILL get there some mids DESPERATELY need to go to the next level, and spoilt for rucks so it isn't all doom and gloom just hurry up and develop those stars already!

AFEV

Quote from: Ricochet on March 22, 2013, 11:20:13 AM
So Essendon boys, what do you think... Will he play a defensive role?
Seriously, seriously doubt it Ric.
Taking one of your most damaging offensive players and making him a tagger won't really plug the holes in his game.

& OK Colli I'm with you now. If we can keep our core 30 players fit (mostly) for a hole season I daresay you'll see a lot of that development. You have no idea how frustrating it can be being a Bombers supporter and seeing these guys spend their careers with the rehab group. :-[

Colliwobblers

dempsey myers hurley heppell all look the goods.

i think hibberd is a star had an average game so far but he is a gun.

and old mate has tagged danger out of the game completely too so that is a massive effort.

AFEV

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 22, 2013, 11:06:41 PM
dempsey myers hurley heppell all look the goods.

i think hibberd is a star had an average game so far but he is a gun.

and old mate has tagged danger out of the game completely too so that is a massive effort.
No mention of Bucket Man!?!? :)

Has kept Walker very very quiet for 3 quarters. I feel Talia has likewise gotten the better of Hurley though.

Colliwobblers

bucket man has dominated howlett has dominated, fletch has dominated, hibberd had a great 3rd term.

bombers looking good but more so the crows are looking underdone, taking nothing away from essendon the crows look shower. given the bombers are due credit for making them look shower

Colliwobblers

Good win and great effort by the boys - congrats bombers fans, must be proud and a little "warm fuzzy" seeing the lads get up and the emotion and reaction from the players after the game.

I have to admit a few stood up.  Enjoy the deserved win - well done, tough pre season with everything nice to get on with football

and winning.

Ricochet

Good win fellas, and thankyou Stants
Heppel, Watson, Howlett and Stants looked very good in that midfield

AFEV

B. Stanton - 26 touches, 11 contested (2nd for Essington) and 6 clearances (2nd for Essington).

...that's bizarre.

elephants

I maintain the most amazing thing about Stanton's game last night was the fact he racked up 6 tackles! Unheard of!?

Luigi197

You guys realise Hocking was doing a lot of the tagging on Danger too. give him some credit. and the old man.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Luigi197 on March 23, 2013, 05:58:35 PM
You guys realise Hocking was doing a lot of the tagging on Danger too. give him some credit. and the old man.

thought he was on him for the last 3 quarters and in that time there basically was no dangerfield.

Luigi197

Quote from: Colliwobblers on March 23, 2013, 06:00:32 PM
Quote from: Luigi197 on March 23, 2013, 05:58:35 PM

thought he was on him for the last 3 quarters and in that time there basically was no dangerfield.

are you agreeing with me for Hocking?
I believe Fletch had him for just a little bit.