Danger
11 (50%)
Selwood
3 (13.6%)
Redden
1 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

pinochio

Last derision is picking the right guns with money left over from rookies :)

jpk has an insane start
danger will prob get some heavy heat from oppositions

Jukes

Danger easily imo;

JPK 104.5
Danger 109
Jelwood 105
Redden 105

pinochio

hmmm, i was thinking jpk, has a very easy draw...

thing with danger (cotch and murph)....unsure on the tag that will be on them, kinda nervous; dont want my players being tagged :P

tbagrocks

You can't stop the Dangerman! Teams will quickly learn if they haven't already learn tagging him doesn't work!

powersuperkents

First of all JPK isn't a gun. To give my opinion you need to state the rest of your midfield. If the remainder of your midfield are all consistent players and your premo are all potential 110+'s I think you can fairly take the risk and pick Dangerfield. If your remaining premo's are a mix of both consistent and inconsistent players go with either Jelwood or Redden

Eg. My Midfield Premo's
Swan (consistent), Boyd (consistent), Pendlebury (consistent), Redden (arguably consistent), Fyfe (risk)

If you have 3 consistent premo mids you can safely take the risk with Danger because I think he could potentially go 110+ but I'm not risking it myself

If you midfield has inconsistent or risk players (e.g. Swallow) on a balance of 2-2, 1-3 etc go with Jelwood or Redden, Out of the two Jelwood is more consistent based on last seasons scores but Redden should be this season in my opinion

pinochio

good points superman :P

taken on board, you're prob right about jpk...

what your thoughts on the 'ol cotch VS lids saga??

powersuperkents

Quote from: pinochio on March 20, 2013, 09:31:32 PM
good points superman :P

taken on board, you're prob right about jpk...

what your thoughts on the 'ol cotch VS lids saga??
I would class both consistent. Out of the two if I had to pick one Lids is the most proven and therefore the safest. I think Cotchin will score more but I'm still thinking that there is the tiniest chance (slightest) that he may do what Rockliff, Shiels or Priddis have done before. Deledio has posted solid scores each season and never misses a game but I think people can't exclude him from falling either may I remind everyone that last season was Deledio's first time that he posted an average over 100 as well. If you look the years before he averaged 91, 89, 96, 97, 76, 77 & 61. He is safer just because of the fact that if he falls this season he will only fall to a high 90 average (worst case scenario) whilst Cotchin whose posted scores of 110, 93, 74, 67 & 68 could potentially fall to the low 90's (worst case scenario). I think if you pick Cotchin you will get 110+ every week with the rare 80's and 140's whilst with Deledio he should post in the 100-110's with the occasional 90's & 160's.

Summary:
Deledio has the higher ceiling
Cotchin should post around 10 points higher each week
A bad week for Deledio should be a 90's score whilst a bad week for Cotchin will be in the 80's or even the 70's
Deledio should be more consistent
Nether is a more safe option    , Both only broke 100 averages last season so neither is more proven as a full premium midfielder

I think they should both average similar 110+ averages much like last year with no major difference between them but I believe Cotchin could potentially go 115-118+ whilst Deledio will most likely only reach a potential maximum of 114+

Don't believe the hype about Deledio being safer. They both are equal players, if you want a high ceiling and less disappointment go Deledio, If you want the player who will on the average day post a higher score go Cotchin

Roughly if they stay the same:
1/2 the time: Cotchin 110+, Deledio 100+
1/4 of the time: Cotchin 140+, Deledio 160+
the other 1/4 of the time: Cotchin 70+, Deledio 90+

If they improve:
1/2 the time: Cotchin 115+, Deledio 105+
1/4 of the time: Cotchin 145+, Deledio 165+
the other 1/4 of the time: Cotchin 75+, Deledio 95+

If they drop:
1/2 the time: Cotchin 100+, Deledio 90+
1/4 of the time: Cotchin 130+, Deledio 150+
the other 1/4 of the time: Cotchin 60+, Deledio 80+

I hope this helps :)

pinochio

wow super effort, very informative - will take on board....

what are your thoughts of greene as M5???

worth it?

powersuperkents

Quote from: pinochio on March 21, 2013, 12:26:59 AM
wow super effort, very informative - will take on board....

what are your thoughts of greene as M5???

worth it?
http://dreamteamtalk.com/2013/01/28/deck-of-dream-team-2013-toby-greene/

www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67818.0.html

These two links should help. The dt talk one is really good, I personally am going with Fyfe for M5 because he is cheaper and a terrific player and potential POD, I don't know to much about Greene just that he had a fantastic first year. If I had to provide who I think is a similar player check out the profile of Liam Anthony, 2nd year players are usually risky, they can either fall, improve and wow everyone or like Liam Anthony did continue scoring the same scores.Greene scores very similar to Anthony with the fact he has occasional 50's and 70's and then the 120's. Posted 100+ 8 out of 19 games which beats Anthony's 4 out of 10. That shows he has an edge as depending how you look at it both players had an advantage (Anthony with less games and Greene with more). I think this is your own conscious vote because he could make a great POD but I don't want to directly suggest him because of-course you are looking for a player who can potentially rack up 100. DT talk have him predicted at 103 average.

My one direct piece of advice is... If you pick Greene it would be best that you don't pick Dangerfield.. Greene is a risk because you don't want a midfielder who could potentially average in the 90's (seriously it's aggravating) and if you pick both Greene and Dangerfield your putting yourself in potential risk of having 2 mids that average in the interval. Greene does look promising and so does Dangerfield but I recommend if you pick Greene in M5 get Jelwood or Redden in M4 and if you pick Dangerfield in M4 you should find a cash cow (Moloney/Embley)or an expensive rookie (Whitfield/Wines) in M5 to produce cash and also have M1, 2 & 3 selected as player that will all average 110+ (e.g. Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Boyd, Murphy, Watson etc.(Watson and Murphy still slight risk but would still rate as consistent)

Jukes

PSK trying to improve his reputation around the boards :P great effort(s) mate.   

Ricochet

Danger out if these. He has a very decent early fixture with some easy teams... even though he didnt score that well against some of these weak teams last year