Main Menu

Round 1 discussion

Started by quinny88, March 20, 2013, 08:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

According to Supercoach Paige, Troy Chaplin will be the only new player to play for the Tigers this week against the Blues as they are opting for experience.  :o

That therefore means no Vlastuin, Petterd, Knights, Az Edwards or Orren.

I assume this means Push-Up will play! :D

Nahas, King or Ellis for the vest then?

Toga

:o that's made everything bloody difficult for fantasy!! :o :o

Would have loved to see Vlas, Knights and Ricky out there in the yellow and black but oh well, I'm sure we'll see them soon...

I reckon you're spot on with the subs there, Conca could be a chance as well though imo

Jroo

Disapointed to hear Petterd was injured,could've played if he wasn't.
QuoteAnother Tiger mature-age recruit tipped to line up against the Blues, in Rickey Petterd, has been sidelined with groin soreness
http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-03-27/chaplin-in-for-tigers.workstation
I reckon King will be the sub after looking at the teams.

Jroo

Here's Carlton's line up:
B: Chris Yarran, Michael Jamison, Lachie Henderson
HB: Zach Tuohy, Nick Duigan, Bryce Gibbs
C: Kade Simpson, Andrew Carrazzo, Mitch Robinson
HF: Chris Judd, Andrew Walker, Jeff Garlett
F: Eddie Betts, Levi Casboult, Shaun Hampson
Foll: Matthew Kreuzer, Marc Murphy, Brock McLean
Int: Dennis Armfield, Josh Bootsma, Aaron Joseph, Kane Lucas
Emg: Tom Bell, Jeremy Laidler, Sam Rowe
Very surprised to see Bootsma given a go ahead of Laidler  :o

TheAnt

@(AU@$(!U#(!*#!)#!SM)!)*$)!@&$)!&$)&!)&$!)&!)$&!$)&$!)&$!)&$!)(IRIQ(&!(@_)@*!(&%(!%&#)_!#)*!)$!_#$)!3840_ ($@&*(@$&!@_)i
FACE DESK
#$((!$**(!*($#*(!*(W$()!@#)@_#_)!_%*(195815=9&(!(&$(@&_!*^)!*(#!*(%&#%!_#!#)%!
All these new recruits and McGuane and Jackson are still playing... we are going to get murdered.

quinny88

Just changed my tip from Richmond to Carlton. Why we persist with spuds like McGuanne, Jackson and Batchelor is beyond me. 3 blokes that hand the ball back to the opposition every time they get it.
Really annoyed that Vlastuin wasn't named, I would also rather knights at 50% than McGuanne in the forward line..

TheAnt

Batchelor is 21 and has been fantastic...

AFEV

Quote from: quinny88 on March 27, 2013, 07:48:45 PM
Just changed my tip from Richmond to Carlton. Why we persist with spuds like McGuanne, Jackson and Batchelor is beyond me. 3 blokes that hand the ball back to the opposition every time they get it.
Really annoyed that Vlastuin wasn't named, I would also rather knights at 50% than McGuanne in the forward line..
Batchelor is not a bad player and I think you may be overrating Knights.

Sticking with the Tiges.

Jroo

I actually think Batchelor will become a decent player.
Would've liked to see A.Edwards given a go instead of McGuane. Maybe they are trying to stretch the Blues defence.

Toga

Quote from: JROO8 on March 27, 2013, 09:09:43 PM
I actually think Batchelor will become a decent player.
Would've liked to see A.Edwards given a go instead of McGuane. Maybe they are trying to stretch the Blues defence.

Yeah me too Jroo, would've liked to see Az in over the Guan but oh well... Give him ANOTHER chance I guess :P

I reckon that's exactly what we're trying to do though; add Benny Griffiths to that list of tall forwards, I think Dimma is looking to kill them with tall timbers given their defence is a bit stretched for options atm! ;)

tbagrocks

You will lose because your captain sucks ;)

quinny88

Are we talking about the same Batchelor here guys? He was great in his first season, no dramas but last year he was pathetic, particularly in the second half of the season. He is uncountable, regularly gets beaten in one and ones and turns it over too much. Also has a big off field commitment problem

Mat0369

Did you see a couple of the guys Carlton are taking in to the game?

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 28, 2013, 01:04:34 AM

Did you see a couple of the guys Carlton are taking in to the game?

Bootsma over Laidler the only real shock for me?

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on March 28, 2013, 01:15:51 AM
Bootsma over Laidler the only real shock for me?

My own teams supporters are pissing me off, I am going to talk about the game in here. Joseph should never play a game again for Carlton. Last two seasons have been abysmal. Boots still needs a year or two of bulk before he should be getting regular games. Curnow not even an emergency is the other big one. Against a team where you want to win the hard ball, you needed one of Bell or Curnow in instead of Joseph. Only reason I can see Joseph playing is he was the logical Nahas match up. Unfortunately his ability to play offensively and defensively disappeared over the last two years. Rowe was never going to play and I said that a while back.