Main Menu

Round 1 discussion

Started by quinny88, March 20, 2013, 08:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Can we finally break the hoodoo against the blue baggers?
We have improved for 3 years straight but its not as if they are going to take a big backwards step and hand us the game?

Who plays round 1? It is bloody competitive for spots right now with almost the entire list to chose from. Only Foley and Grimes unavailable. Whats your starting 18 and thoughts on the game?

tbagrocks

The last ten years this game has been almost pointless

But this year it means something as both are actually finals contenders :o

This is the game boys! Beat Micks mob and become contenders! Lose and suddenly there is another fight for the 9th spot :P

TheAnt

I have a bad feeling we're going to lose and lose big, it's meant to be wet next Thursday so that might change things. I just want the blue fans to shut up already.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: TheAnt on March 20, 2013, 09:58:01 PM
I have a bad feeling we're going to lose and lose big, it's meant to be wet next Thursday so that might change things. I just want the blue fans to shut up already.

have to agree. i honestly think Carlton will win, but that's not going to stop me from barracking for the Tiges! (this week :P)

quinny88

Lose big? No way! We didn't lose by more than 40 odd points all season last year and that was in round 1. I think it's a 50/50 game but there's no way we will lose big. Also we live in Melbourne. Ya can't predict the weather a day away let alone a week away

Chelskiman

It's still going to be a tough game.  We haven't beaten the Blues in a long time, and that hurts, as they are my most hated team.  Last year we should have won.  flowering Brock McLean.   >:(

That said, I can see us losing this match.  I think the Blues losing the NAB Cup final worked against us as they will be up for getting rid of that memory as soon as possible with a win.  It'll be close, but I think we may just fall short by 10-15 points.

I hate saying that. :(

TheAnt

Quote from: quinny88 on March 21, 2013, 12:32:35 AM

Lose big? No way! We didn't lose by more than 40 odd points all season last year and that was in round 1. I think it's a 50/50 game but there's no way we will lose big. Also we live in Melbourne. Ya can't predict the weather a day away let alone a week away
Yeah and who did we play in round 1? lol. I just feel like Carlton is the team that can expose our outer shell the best.

quinny88

Quote from: TheAnt on March 21, 2013, 12:49:05 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 21, 2013, 12:32:35 AM

Yeah and who did we play in round 1? lol. I just feel like Carlton is the team that can expose our outer shell the best.

Yeah but that score didnt reflect the game. They got junk time goals that blew it out. It was tight early in the last quater.
Carlton arent that good.They were terrible in the nab cup GF with baisically a full strength side. Judd is underdone, they are learning a new game plan, their forward line looks shakey. If we can stop Betts and Garlett I think we will win the game. If we are ever going to beat them I think this is the time

Nige

It hasn't happened in a while, but if we're gonna beat them, Round 1 this year is probably gonna be our best shot. The list is in a good spot, we have depth and players fighting for positions which is great to see. Few good friends who go for Carlton and besides Essendon, I probably hate the Blues more than any other team (yes, I dislike both the Bombers and Blues more than Collingwood). I really hope we do win, it's save us starting the season off 0-0-1.

Chelskiman

Quote from: NigeyS on March 21, 2013, 04:10:23 PMFew good friends who go for Carlton and besides Essendon, I probably hate the Blues more than any other team (yes, I dislike both the Bombers and Blues more than Collingwood).

My three most hated teams, in order, are Carlton, Collingwood and Essendon.

Nige

Quote from: Chelskiman on March 21, 2013, 06:54:58 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 21, 2013, 04:10:23 PMFew good friends who go for Carlton and besides Essendon, I probably hate the Blues more than any other team (yes, I dislike both the Bombers and Blues more than Collingwood).

All three just have straight out feral supporters that annoy me like crazy.  ::)

Noz

Honestly i think you will beat them by at least 5 goals.

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on March 21, 2013, 09:14:04 PM

All three just have straight out feral supporters that annoy me like crazy.  ::)

People would say the same about Richmond supporters haha

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: quinny88 on March 21, 2013, 10:50:12 PM

some Collingwood supporters take it to a new level :P

Chelskiman

Quote from: brad on March 21, 2013, 11:34:06 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 21, 2013, 10:50:12 PM

some all Collingwood supporters take it to a new level :P

Fixed.