why are people so keen on keiren harper?

Started by masher, March 20, 2013, 06:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

masher

hi all

am i missing something?
what does everyone see in keiren harper?

Jukes

While Boomer is suspended (rounds 1 to 6) he will play in his role.

Since 2005, in this role Boomer has averaged 88, 93, 96, 95, 89, 95, 88, and 88.

Should be good for a solid early price wise and could be converted to an underpriced premo after a couple months.

charliesheen

Basically opportunity, with Boomer suspended.

When a senior player retires/suspended/injured, the next player in line can often have breakout seasons due to increased responsibility.

If North Melbourne didn't have such bad fixtures, Harper probably would have been straight in my team.

Windigo

Seems to be the flavor of the pre-season along with Karny.

Much like varcoe was before nab.  :P

timmyparso

scored at 95 points per 100mins in NAB so is scoring at near premuim for half the price if he brings that form to Round 1

Windigo

Yes, just take into account good nab form doesn't always mean he'll be a gem...

Golby... ::)

jimmytigs

jukes is on money i never even thought of that,i dont have him in dt or sc,but in the draft comps particularly the age ultimate footy 1 i dragged him into my 27,he missed being selected in most of the drafts but was available as a free agent,my thinking in getting him was that he was the #1 sub at the club last year & maybe 2011 also,i cant see that continuing especially as he did a great job most occasions he hit the park,that is my reasoning but jukes has an even better reason & combining both of them i can see his upside in a big way

Hagebear

Hadn't really thought about him but should score really well if he can stay on the park. Had the cash to go Byrnes to Harper.

Andrew

No wonder Currie is the only North player I have in my team. Their first 5 fixtures are the hardest of any club!! Will pass on Harper but a good alternative for Sipposs.