Mat0369's team - Round 14

Started by Mat0369, March 20, 2013, 02:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

Disappointing week this week but I won my league game giving me the bye.

Scored 2365 and I am up to 98 in the overall.

Trades 2
Cash $132,400

Backs: Goddard, Hibberd, Gibbs, Cannon, Malceski, Hanley (Clisby, Thurlow)
Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Griffen, Swan, JPK, Jack, Priddis, Selwood (Mitchell, Hrovat)
Rucks: Goldstein, Minson (Nicholls, Rowe)
Forwards: Cox, NRoo, Bartel, Rocky, Walker, Stevie J (Staker, Murdoch)

The big disappointments were Cannon, Gaz as captain, Jack and Bartel, the guys who I was hoping for better scores from included Gibbs, JPK, Walker and Stevie J to an extent.

I also have my draft league prelim this week. My opponent scored 1867 this week and is expecting Birchall and possibly Chappy back

My team

Hibberd, Heppell, Scotland, Adcock, Grimes
Jack (captain), Libbba, Redden, Mundy, Simpson, Murphy
Leuenberger, Jacobs
Cox, NRoo, Boomer, Stevie J, Waite

Bench: Harry O, Hayes, Mitchell, Christensen

I will need to make some decisions like starting Harry O over Grimes, do I start Hayes and Christensen over Waite etc.

My opponents team will look like this

Hanley, Houli, Harbrow, Suban, Birchall
Montagna, JPK, Hanners, Ward, Priddis, Prestia
Roughy, Kreuz
Monfries, Bruest Adams, Gunston, Cameron

Bench
Ball, Robbie Warnock, Hansen, Chappy

I believe I have the better team, but I just need to make the right call on who to start

Mat0369

Good week this week considering all the carnage

Scored 2305, moved up to 53

Trades 2
Cash $132,400

Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Griffen, Swan, JPK, Jack, Priddis, Selwood (Mitchell, Hrovat)

The real disappointments were Malcho, Cannon, Hanley, Ablett Captain, Griffen and Jack (considering their averages)

I still have 2 trades which is really helpful at this point of the season.

I also managed to win my draft league. I am into the GF now against another good team. They scored really well this week which is worrying. I dropped Grimes for Pitt this week to use the loophole.

My team as it stands is

Hibberd, Heppell, Scotland, Adcock, Pitt
Leuenberger, Jacobs
Cox, NRoo, Boomer, Stevie J, Christensen

Bench: Harry O, Hayes, Mitchell, Waite

I am probably going to pick Grimes back up off waivers.

The team I am playing

Malceski, Enright, Michael Johnson, Ricky Henderson, Josh Gibson
Pendles (VC for loophole purposes), Jack Steven, Wingard, Boyd, Cooney, Bennell
Mummy, Maric
Petrie, Bartel, JRoo, Gray, JJK

Bench: Sylvia, Zac Clarke, Masten, Cross

It is going to be close, Pendles is my big worry since he can destroy my team on his own

Mat0369

So my regular team looks sweet for this week, I just need to back my guys in and use my last two trades in grand final week. I will probably go with the Pendles into Selwood for my captain loophole

My draft team is a whole different dilemma. I have dropped Heppell and Pitt to get Grimes back and Dan Jackson off waivers

I have set my lineup to resemble this

Hibberd, Harry O, Scotland, Adcock, Grimes
Leuenberger, Cox
Waite, NRoo, Boomer, Stevie J (Vice), Christensen

Bench: Jacobs, Lenny Hayes, Mitchell, Dan Jackson

Sauce is playing Melbourne, Waite is playing Essendon I am not sure who to bench, I am thinking Waite destroyed the Bombers the last time around so he gets the start. Captain options are an even bigger dog. My opponent has Pendles, I have a bunch of guys playing each other in Jack and Stevie J. I am leaning towards maybe putting the VC on Cox and then going with Stevie J down in Geelong.

Mat0369

I ended up winning my draft league 1992-1691  ;D. I dropped Berger, Hayes, Jackson and Mitchell, started Sam Micheal in the ruck to get Jacobs score onto my field. NRoo was a star this week, as was captain Stevie J and Kade Simpson. A few months of bragging rights against the mates is always nice as well  :P

I also managed to win my prelim final and I am into the Grand Final of my league against one of my mates. I scored 2479 to my opponents 2152. More importantly I still have 2 trades and some cash.
The team as it stands

Scored 2479, moved up a bit to 47

Trades 2
Cash $132,400

I'll decide later in the week where to use my trades once the teams are released.

eaglesman

nice mate! moved into 6th myself with 2513 ... 0 trades so hoping for a miracle haha

Mat0369

Quote from: eaglesman on August 25, 2013, 09:27:37 PM
nice mate! moved into 6th myself with 2513 ... 0 trades so hoping for a miracle haha

Thanks, I was just happy to win my draft league more then anything. One of my mates who was the commish pulled something a bit dodgy through the season, so I was able to knock him off last week and managed to win the GF comfortably this week

Nice work, hopefully the deficit isn't insurmountable and you are still in with a chance for the cash

eaglesman

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 25, 2013, 09:32:46 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on August 25, 2013, 09:27:37 PM

Thanks, I was just happy to win my draft league more then anything. One of my mates who was the commish pulled something a bit dodgy through the season, so I was able to knock him off last week and managed to win the GF comfortably this week

Nice work, hopefully the deficit isn't insurmountable and you are still in with a chance for the cash

haha no chance :)

Mat0369

Quote from: eaglesman on August 26, 2013, 09:38:50 PM
haha no chance :)

I am just trying to prepare for the mass restings this week. Jack, JPK, Malceski, Joel Selwood, Griffen (ankle), Goddard, Hibberd, Bartel and Stevie J could all be rested with finals or in the Essendon case, lack of coming around.

Mat0369

The outs have been kind to me so far. It will be tough to decide who to use my trades on

Vinny

JPK is the one the stands out Matt! Well done on the year mate, 47 is an awesome ranking.

Also thanks for the help with my team :)

Mat0369

Thanks Vinny

I'll wait to see the late withdrawals for tomborrow nights game in case Jack, Kennedy or Malceski miss. If they don't I will decide what to do then. I am going to keep a safety trade for the Cats game so if Selwood is a late out rested, I can trade in Danger.

Mat0369

I will probably make a decision on trades tomorrow. JPK has a good record against the Hawks. If Selwood is a late out he becomes Watson, otherwise Priddis>Watson and Gibbs>BPA

Vinny

Sounds good mate! Hope you get up ;)

Mat0369

I just made my two trades, out Priddis and Gibbs, in Watson and Bob Murphy

I am backing Cannon/Hibberd to outscore Gibbs.

Mat0369

So my two trades backfired. Priddis scored more then Jobe, Gibbs outscores Cannon by a long way. I ended up going Selwood captain to counter my opponent, but if I was going for rank I would have stuck with Pendles. In the end I won my GF and that's what matters

My two trades

Priddis>Jobe
Gibbs> Bob Murphy

Scored: 2664        Final rank: 31    Overall points: 52,265

Final team

Backs: Goddard, Hibberd, Bob Murphy, Cannon, Malceski, Hanley (Clisby, Thurlow)
Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Griffen, Swan, JPK, Jack, Watson, Selwood (Mitchell, Hrovat)

Malceski was subbed, Cannon, Hanley and Griffen my only other major disappointments apart from my two trades  :P