Mat0369's team - Round 14

Started by Mat0369, March 20, 2013, 02:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

So Murdoch has been dropped, Buddy doesn't return from injury, Stevie J has been rubbed out and Nic Nat has been named but there is still doubt around him. So far I am screwed in the forward line

Cox, Rocky, Bartel, Staker, Nic Nat, Buddy, Stevie J, Murdoch

My rucks are Goldstein, Minson, Nicholls, Rowe

So I either take at least one donut this week, or burn one of my 4 remaining trades for Spuddy.

I am also tempted to start Rowe in the forward line this week and bench Nic Nat (although the Eagles don't have Lycett or Sinclair named as an emergency which tells me he should play)

Mat0369

I moved slightly up in the rankings to 131 this week after scoring 2380. I burnt a trade this round getting rid of Buddy so my team now looks like this

Trades 3
Cash $158,700

Backs: Goddard, Hibberd, Gibbs, Cannon, Malceski, Hanley (Clisby, Thurlow)
Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Griffen, Swan, JPK, Jack, Priddis, Selwood (Mitchell, Hrovat)
Rucks: Goldstein, Minson (Nicholls, Rowe)
Forwards: Cox, Nic Nat, Bartel, Rocky, Walker, Stevie J (Staker, Murdoch)

I plan on just sitting tight and I might actually start benching Nic Nat if I can get a full forward line :o

Mat0369

So I think I will burn the Nic Nat trade and hold my last two for LTI's. I am considering Nic Nat as a LTI since the 2 weeks could be season ending. I also need to avoid a 0 this week. I am thinking a cheap premium, so maybe Martin or NRoo.

Ringo

Another to throw into your equation is Chris Mayne with Freo's juicy run. Could be a POD for you. Prefer Nroo of the 2 you suggest as he is more consistent than Dusty

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on July 26, 2013, 03:19:51 PM
Another to throw into your equation is Chris Mayne with Freo's juicy run. Could be a POD for you. Prefer Nroo of the 2 you suggest as he is more consistent than Dusty

I'm not to keen on spending more then 30k in an upgrade for Nic Nat so Mayne does fit in to the mix.

The options in my price range

Lewis - Good POD but had a down patch of form a couple weeks back, bounced back with a couple of tons
Mayne - Good run home but a mix of 70's in between
NRoo - The best option but could they end his season early being in a bad team?
Martin -  2 on my list, of the forwards I don't own only Boomer, NRoo and Dell'Olio have better averages
Ryder - Replaces the DPP of Nic Nat, decent ceiling, but mixes in sub 70 scores.
Cloke - KPF so pass
Stokes -  Would be my 3rd Geelong forward but on the plus side just had his rest.

I'm not considering Buddy as I just traded him out, Cyril has dodgy hamstrings, Gray is too injury prone for me to bring in at this point of the season and the others have no consistency that are cheaper.

Although Lewis is tempting, I might pass since there is a chance they rest him. I'll just take a stab at it later this evening

woofy

Martin for me. You need some black and yellow. If not Nroo is a good POD ATM.

Mat0369

Still 50/50 at the moment between NRoo and Martin. I will make my final call before the Cats vs Saints game

HotTiges

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 27, 2013, 12:43:29 AM
Still 50/50 at the moment between NRoo and Martin. I will make my final call before the Cats vs Saints game

Reckon Taylor will towel him up again.. but that's just my IMO.. Hope Martin from a Tiger fan's point of view tears Sydney apart..

Mat0369

Quote from: HotTiges on July 27, 2013, 01:06:16 AM
Reckon Taylor will towel him up again.. but that's just my IMO.. Hope Martin from a Tiger fan's point of view tears Sydney apart..

Looking at it from the rest of the season perspective, both don't have the best run

Mat0369

I've gone Roo in the end. He is the highest averaging forward and has a better run home then Martin

Mat0369

It's been a busy week, now ranked at 116 after scoring 2395. Pendles captain was disappointing.

Trades 2
Cash $132,400

Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Griffen, Swan, JPK, Jack, Priddis, Selwood (Mitchell, Hrovat)
Forwards: Cox, NRoo, Bartel, Rocky, Walker, Stevie J (Staker, Murdoch)

Hanley, Malceski and Roo all named helps. It is the first time I have had a full strength side in a few weeks. Staker as an emergency in case of a Roo late withdrawal. Hanley should play and Clisby an emergency in case Malceski is a late out. Not sure if and how to use the loophole this week. I am thinking Stevie J or Selwood into Gaz using Nicholls for the loophole.

Mat0369

Also finals for my draft side, finished 1st on the ladder so I have a double chance.

Hibberd, Heppell, Scotland, Grimes, Adcock (Harry O currently on the bench)
Jack, Murphy, Simpson, Mundy, Redden, Libba (Hayes and TMitchell on the bench)
Jacobs and Berger
Cox, Stevie J, NRoo, Boomer, Waite (Christensen on my bench)

If NRoo is a late out I might be screwed and have to drop Waite this week. We have auto emergency running so I get my lowest bench score as coverage for a 0, but if I have a second it could be the difference. There are some hit and miss guys on waivers so I am praying Roo plays.

I have the VC on Stevie J, fielding Waite for loophole purposes, if Johnson flops I will throw the C on Jack or Cox

Mat0369

Pretty ishy round but won my league game and finished first. It was a really close game and I play my opponent again next week

Same deal, scored 2261 ranked 146 (down from 116)

Trades 2
Cash $132,400

Forwards: Cox, NRoo, Bartel, Rocky, Walker, Stevie J (Staker, Murdoch)

I also won my draft league match up comfortably. Scored 1947 which was the highest in the league. It gives me an extra week to get one of Waite or Christensen back and have close to a full team.

Ringo

I would sit again as you have the double chance so if you fluke the win then you can load up.

VC loophole will not help this week going by the draw although Rocky may be worth the punt to go into Ablett, Swan or Pendles. Gold Coast and Suns playing at the same time making it difficult.

Mat0369

In terms of loopholes I was thinking either Stevie J or Selwood playing Port or Griffen against the Blues into Gaz. I am pretty confident Gaz should tear it apart this week, so if I have no way to loophole (Nicholls plays) I will just throw the C on Gaz.