Mat0369's team - Round 14

Started by Mat0369, March 20, 2013, 02:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

What a terrible week for my team, I somehow managed to win my league game but my team was the suck and I dropped in the overall.

I am looking at a couple of trades this week and I am done. I then hold my last two trades for injuries.

Malcho in for Caff and someone in for Vlas. Leaning towards either Heppell or Hanley. I really didn't like Heppell's game against the Eagles and I don't like Hanley playing off a forward flank. I missed the games today but from what I could see he was still playing off a flank at the wrong end

Mat0369

With the news Thurlow is out for 2-3 weeks and Docherty not being a safe bench option I might burn 2 trades over the next couple of weeks. Clisby or Oxley (to use Staker's DPP) for Thurlow this week instead of trading out Vlas, then Vlas out next week for a premium. That leaves me 4 trades for the rest of the season for LTI's.

Ringo

Does Docherty out for 2 - 3 also change things around as well.

Mat0369

Wait, what? Is that why Docherty was subbed out? I was completely expecting him to either be dropped or the sub this upcoming round but if Docherty is out for a guaranteed 2-3 with injury then I am certainly downgrading Thurlow to Clisby instead of doing the single upgrade this week.

So I just read your post in the P&T part of the board. Back injuries worry me, 1-2 can end up being the season so I am thinking Thurlow stays and Docherty has to go

Vinny

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 02, 2013, 07:07:00 PM
Wait, what? Is that why Docherty was subbed out? I was completely expecting him to either be dropped or the sub this upcoming round but if Docherty is out for a guaranteed 2-3 with injury then I am certainly downgrading Thurlow to Clisby instead of doing the single upgrade this week.

So I just read your post in the P&T part of the board. Back injuries worry me, 1-2 can end up being the season so I am thinking Thurlow stays and Docherty has to go

Yeah I would send Thurlow packing if I were you too. It also gives you more cash if needed later.

Vlas > Heppell / Ibbo / Shaw ?

Mat0369

I have made one trade this week already, so my last trade of the round has to be one of these two

Vlas>Heppell/Hanley/Taylor/Houli

or

Docherty>Clisby

I am not sure how good the JS of Clisby exactly is with Grimes on the horizon, so that is a slight worry, but if he is named this week I might pull the trigger on the trade otherwise I do my upgrade this week, especially if Vlas is not named and then bring in Oxley next week for Docherty to swing Staker.

Murphy is the other upgrade I would consider but playing for the Dogs, injury history and his role worries me. I put mentioned it in another thread

Mat0369

With the teams named, I think I will hold Vlas another week and bring in Clisby. I am thinking Docherty over Thurlow as back injuries are more likely to linger and with a fracture when you are healed, you are generally good to go. Plus Docherty does not have the best JS in the world.

This will leave me with a team of

Cash: $232,200
Trades 5

Backs: Goddard, Hibberd, Gibbs, Cannon, Malceski, Vlas (Clisby, Thurlow)
Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Griffen, Swan, JPK, Jack, Priddis, Selwood (Mitchell, Hrovat)
Rucks: Goldstein, Minson (Nicholls, Rowe)
Forwards: Cox, Nic Nat, Bartel, Rocky, Buddy, Stevie J (Staker, Murdoch)

I will use Stevie J for the captain loophole this week, VC on Griff, C on Ablett Staker the emergency and I can bring Murdoch on for any other player that is a late out in the forward line with his Sunday twilight game.

Mat0369

I scored 2449 this week taking me up to 212 overall from 342. 747 points behind first

I am looking at making 1 move this week. Vlas has to come out for a defender, Hanley looks like the option at this point. If I make the Hanley move, my team will look like this

Cash: $181,600
Trades 4

Backs: Goddard, Hibberd, Gibbs, Cannon, Malceski, Hanley (Clisby, Thurlow)
Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Griffen, Swan, JPK, Jack, Priddis, Selwood (Mitchell, Hrovat)

Most likely go with the vice on Pendles into captain Stevie J or Gaz. I could put the vice on Stevie into Gaz, it just depends if Ablett plays this week and who I bring onto the field out of Thurlow or Rowe. Hopefully Rowe is not named.

Vinny

Vlas > Hanley looks good mate !

Leaves you with a nice team so just hold until finals :)

As for captaincy - I will be going StevieJ into Gaz

Mat0369

My team is complete after that trade, so 4 trades for LTI's and finals sideways trades. My loophole will come down to who has been named. If Rowe gets a game with the health of Waite. I will be using Pendles as VC on Friday night going into Gaz. If Gaz doesn't play I will take Stevie J against the Dees. There are quite a few good options this week with Sydney playing GWS (Jack/JPK although GWS have been decent tagging) Ablett, Griffen, Selwood/Stevie J against the Dees.

I am also hoping Ablett and Cannon can get up after Ablett missed this past weekend and Cannon was being iced on the bench. I am also hoping that the Swans don't rest anyone against the Giants.

Vinny

Yes looks good ! Sooo many options :)

Mat0369

I scored 2451 this week, moved up to 161

Cash: $181,600
Trades 4

Backs: Goddard, Hibberd, Gibbs, Cannon, Malceski, Hanley (Clisby, Thurlow)

My players in doubt for this week, Nic Nat (injury), Stevie J (suspension), Murdoch (drop/sub) and Buddy (injury). So my forward line looks potentially screwed but the rest of the team is alright.

Vinny

Looks good Matt ! Just sit tight. Nice ranking too.

Forward line could be deadly for most this week - I have no cover if anyone is out unless Daniher gets a game.

Luckily I have easy opponents.

Mat0369

Yeah no plan in trading. Hopefully Stevie J doesn't get rubbed out and then I will have the coverage. Staker on for Buddy if he misses and Rowe into the forward line for Nic Nat if he is not named. If he is a late withdrawal then I might be screwed

Vinny

Yeah hope the MPR show him some mercy.