Do you really need a DPP RUC/FWD

Started by timtim, March 18, 2013, 09:07:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timtim

Ok so let's assume you're stacking your RUC - eg: Maric & Jacobs (Currie and Witts).

And you also have Cox in your FWD line.

In the event that Maric goes down injured for 2-3+ weeks, and given that we have 30 trades this season, wouldn't you just swap out Maric for a FWD and put Cox in your RUC when you're making the trade?

The only reason I bring this up is that I'm really doubting the value of S.Rowe?

Pokerface

Rowe seems as good a value as Witts is. Rookie rucks are fairly thin on the ground - im not buying into the Blicavs hype as Vardy isnt too far away.

quinny88

yeah but what about the event that Maric is just rested for 1 week. You arent going to trade him out just for that. Having Rowe would mean you dont have to

SydneyRox

i think most people where holding a ruc/fwd combo since burger has been a preseason lock. so having cox in the fwds plus a rowe kinda rookie in your rucks meant you had some cover if berger didnt fire.
since most people have moved from the burger to a more conventional ruck set up, not so much need for the DPP combo

Pokerface

Quote from: quinny88 on March 19, 2013, 01:56:44 AM
yeah but what about the event that Maric is just rested for 1 week. You arent going to trade him out just for that. Having Rowe would mean you dont have to
I agree with the position choice, but disagree with the rationale - i would rather have currie or rowe come onto the ground than a tommy lee or jake neade.