ROOKIES as they are ELEVATED **Updated 26/5 Austin, Williams**

Started by Ricochet, March 18, 2013, 03:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

timmyparso

GM

From afar it seems a bit strange they wait til the last minute IF they are going to elevate him.

timmyparso

Quote from: greenmoon on March 19, 2013, 01:19:44 PM
From afar it seems a bit strange they wait til the last minute IF they are going to elevate him.

I'm still expecting his elevation otherwise why did Port bother putting Salter on the LTI list for only 6-8 weeks (current return estimate)

GM

Quote from: timmyparso on March 19, 2013, 01:21:41 PM

I'm still expecting his elevation otherwise why did Port bother putting Salter on the LTI list for only 6-8 weeks (current return estimate)
You would think so.

Andrew

Maybe they're having a fight to the death for it down at Port Adelaide?

timmyparso

Quote from: Andrew on March 19, 2013, 01:44:18 PM

Pfieffer currently has a good hair pull hold on Mitchell and is not letting go until he surrenders the rookie elevation spot.

Noz

I don't think we will elevate anyone to be honest and wait to see how all 4 of our rookies are going in the magoos and make a decision mid year.
The team don't need any of the 4 just yet.

Bones Bombers

With Salter being on the long term injury list Port don't need to elevate Mitchell today do they?
It can be done when they want.

Ricochet

GM

Quote from: Noz on March 19, 2013, 02:01:06 PM
I don't think we will elevate anyone to be honest and wait to see how all 4 of our rookies are going in the magoos and make a decision mid year.
They do need Mitchells stronger older body with his run & carry.It's a no brainer, surely.

Andrew

Quote from: timmyparso on March 19, 2013, 01:49:38 PM
Quote from: Andrew on March 19, 2013, 01:44:18 PM

Pfieffer currently has a good hair pull hold on Mitchell and is not letting go until he surrenders the rookie elevation spot.

LOL epic!! If only they drafted Liam Jurrah, he could've brought his spear for the event!

Quote from: greenmoon on March 19, 2013, 02:08:26 PM
Quote from: Noz on March 19, 2013, 02:01:06 PM
They do need Mitchells stronger older body with his run & carry.It's a no brainer, surely.

Yes, it is a no brainer to have another player to choose at the selection panel. By mid-year, Salter will be off the long-term injury list anyway I thought?

timmyparso

Quote from the linked news article on Adelaide Now:

"SuperCoaches awaiting the potential upgrade of Port Adelaide's Kane Mitchell or Geelong's Mark Blicavs need not fear - they are still in the running to be replacements for teammates on the long-term injury list, so they can be elevated at any time"

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/western-bulldogs-promote-brett-goodes-as-cinderella-story-gathers-momentum/story-e6freck3-1226600179695

Guess we'll have to wait until next week then.

Ricochet

Port Adelaide FC ‏@PAFC
@pkd73 No. The deadline today was for nominated rookies, which we don't have space for on our list - just injury upgrades #weareportadelaide