Mark Blicavs

Started by Ricochet, March 18, 2013, 12:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

anyone know where he has been playing in the NAB, has been scoring pretty good.

truBLUE

He's an interesting choice maybe a ruck bench would he be a better choice to replace with daw or currie which are likely to see the vest ?

Andrew

This blows the ruck situation wide open just like the Leuenberger injury does. Know what's worse? Geelong play last in round 1, so we won't know if he's even getting a game until nearly the whole team is locked in! But he looks good for games in the first few weeks and has impressed in the NAB Cup. Tough calls ahead...

essendon2

Quote from: Windigo on March 18, 2013, 12:29:19 PM
Is he on the rookie list though?  :o
Still needs to be upgraded  8)

timmyparso

Quote from: essendon2 on March 18, 2013, 04:13:47 PM
Quote from: Windigo on March 18, 2013, 12:29:19 PM
Is he on the rookie list though?  :o
Still needs to be upgraded  8)

Geelong have 3 vacancies I think.

Ricochet

Still got 2 weeks before we see if he's named. Could slot nicely into R3/4.

Justin Bieber

Mid/Ruck is the same position ::) Cox is a mid/ruck...

I think it's mistake, but this guy on fwd bench instead of Rowe or lee

Ricochet

Quote from: whatlez on March 18, 2013, 04:31:14 PM

The only reason he kept Mid status was because people had already picked him as a Mid... flower knows why the would but they have.

PowerBug

Quote from: Ricochet on March 18, 2013, 04:38:35 PM

The only reason he kept Mid status was because people had already picked him as a Mid... flower knows why the would but they have.
Because if he was removed as a mid, then people would only have 29 players in their squad thus being ineligible. It might sound weird, but some people have made their teams and won't change it until after rd 1. :)

The question i have is: If he's a ruck then what the flower was he doing in the mids to begin with?
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

Justin Bieber

Understandable, but wtf? If they have him in the mids then it's just auto pick so they might as well get another player auto picked ::)

Pokerface

Quote from: SilkySkills on March 18, 2013, 04:44:40 PM

Because if he was removed as a mid, then people would only have 29 players in their squad thus being ineligible. It might sound weird, but some people have made their teams and won't change it until after rd 1. :)

The question i have is: If he's a ruck then what the flower was he doing in the mids to begin with?

Its not until now he has been played as ruck. He had 3 tap outs for the year in the VFL last year.

Hagebear

Quote from: Andrew on March 18, 2013, 03:23:17 PM
This blows the ruck situation wide open just like the Leuenberger injury does. Know what's worse? Geelong play last in round 1, so we won't know if he's even getting a game until nearly the whole team is locked in! But he looks good for games in the first few weeks and has impressed in the NAB Cup. Tough calls ahead...

I guess the best way to find out if he'll play is see if Geelong name any other rucks? I don't think they have many fit rucks to choose from.

nostradamus

All clubs have to submit their rookie upgrades by tomorrow, so at least we'll have time to think about what to do if Blicavs is promoted

Capper

Grrrr, got him in my team a couple of days ago when i read that the cats rucks are all down. Now everyone is on board. oh well

Ricochet

For those thinking of picking Blicavs...

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2013-03-20/cats-ruck-stocks-strengthening-.workstation

QuoteGEELONG hasn't given up hope that ruckman Trent West will be fit to take on Hawthorn on Easter Monday, but a round two or three return appears more likely.

QuoteHowever West has been slogging it out in running sessions at Simonds Stadium, testing out his knee that required surgery only three weeks ago.

"Medically, they're extremely confident. But given there's still almost two weeks until we play, we've just got to see how he trains," Cats coach Chris Scott told geelongcats.com.au on Wednesday.

"He hasn't been ruled out. Put it that way."

QuoteTwo of Geelong's other injured ruckmen, Nathan Vardy and Hamish McIntosh, have also stepped up their training loads in recent days.

"I was in there (on Monday) and there was only one of our ruckmen who was not running, and that was big Dawson Simpson, who has had back surgery," Cats skipper Joel Selwood said.