Mark Blicavs

Started by Ricochet, March 18, 2013, 12:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/geelong-cats-to-wait-on-ruck-call-between-trent-west-mark-blicavs-and-josh-walker/story-e6frf9lo-1226608393155?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

GEELONG will not decide until Sunday whether or not to take inexperienced ruckman Mark Blicavs into Monday's blockbuster clash with Hawthorn.

Cats coach Chris Scott said today that No.1 ruckman Trent West was medically available to play after coming back from minor knee surgery, but a decision would be made late on whether he had enough match fitness to play.

"Because we've got such a long build-up with the Monday game we really have another two significant sessions, so we're a fair way from making that decision, except to say that medically (West is) available,'' Scott said.

"The decision we'll make will be based around how he moves, he's had a very solid pre-season and he's naturally a capable aerobic athlete, so that's working in his favour.

"I don't think we'll make the decision until at least our final training session (on Sunday).''

Windigo

Well this could be a bit of a problem....

Justin Bieber

Trent West, flower you. I hate you. I want Zorko over Roughhead!

Andrew

This could seriously see me picking Setanta O'Halpin, it's that bad! I'm not copping a doughnut round 1 yet trusting Blicavs without a playing emergency covering him is now super risky.

Only other option is finding the extra $150k for Zac Smith instead of O'Halpin, but Smith doesn't appeal to me much. What are people's thoughts on that?

strikes91

I am deadset over changing my teams for rookies not getting named

Holz

didnt want to do it but going with longer. cant possibly risk going blicavs R2 with no rowe.

yorgis

when they are medically fit to play, but a decision will be made on match day, it generally means they are not playing

tbagrocks

Would Smith be worth it at R2 then?

Andrew

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 28, 2013, 05:35:11 PM
Would Smith be worth it at R2 then?

Probably not but hey he can be downgraded to Leuenberger if he's no good early?

I would much prefer to go in with Blicavs at R2 but with the game being on Monday of all days it's just looking to risky. Won't he be named on a 7-man bench with West named as the ruck? Already going to re-jig my team to prepare for it. Only West not being at all will lean me to starting him at R2, but again with it being Monday they could change that, right?

Quote from: yorgis on March 28, 2013, 05:34:42 PM
when they are medically fit to play, but a decision will be made on match day, it generally means they are not playing

Going off what happened last year with injuries, I'm largely ignoring what the coaches say this year.

Windigo

Is named on field if that means anything...

Ricochet

Scott said on Footy Classified last night that if Geelong had all their ruckman fit... Blicavs would have still played based on preseason form. Big job against Goldy this weekend but could be worth holding onto if you have him.

Windigo

Then why did he say he'd wait until Sunday training before making a call. What a load of BS that was.  :P