Set and forget your ruckline?

Started by Jroo, March 16, 2013, 05:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

What are peoples thoughts on loading your ruckline with two guns?
I'm thinking Sam Jacobs and Ivan Maric while also Cox in the fwd line.

hawkers65

Looks the most logical way to go about things, but i'm currently running Jacobs and Big Belly (Hoping to go Belly to NicNat when he bottoms out)

Locinator

I've got Cox and Big sauce with Leuy on the bench with a Ruck/Forward swing with Rowe in the forward line to swing Coxy into forwards when Leuy comes back.

hawkers65

Quote from: Locinator on March 16, 2013, 06:18:43 PM
I've got Cox and Big sauce with Leuy on the bench with a Ruck/Forward swing with Rowe in the forward line to swing Coxy into forwards when Leuy comes back.

Thats a really good idea!

Mykonos FC

Maric and Cox in the rucks.
Get the best in from the start.

Jroo

Quote from: Mykonos FC on March 16, 2013, 11:09:19 PM
Maric and Cox in the rucks.
Get the best in from the start.
But I'm thinking Cox in the forward line

Colliwobblers

DONE and DONE

Maric and Cox

Rowe on the fwd bench leaves the door open to move cox fwd and bring burger in for a mid priced fwd if burger goes bang and before he goes up too much.

tor01doc

Currently toying with the idea of Smith and Bailey to leave room for NicNat and Leue.

Cox as a fwd with Rowe R4.

Haven't been able to decide which of McEvoy, Jacobs, Roughy, Ryder etc will be best and I reckon Maric is too $$$.

I expect the 2 I have to make money and with them in to start the rest of the team looks stronger (obviously) and I get to cover my ruck point loss and save trades elsewhere.

Also, if I need to cover, then my emerg to play will be Macaffer who will be a starter for a lot of teams anyway so can't really see how I lose much at all.

Of course this may change but ATM, I like it.

Have a try and see what your team can look like.

Thoughts?

tigertops

Cox has to be picked fwd. will be top 3 fwd points.  I'm goin Maric and mid pricer and upgrade to best ruck later on. Set n forget never works as if/when u get injury there goes ur set n forget. Tho we have extra trades for
Sideways but still. MOst prob u will have to trade in theI rucks At some time during year

Mykonos FC

Quote from: tigertops on March 17, 2013, 10:48:52 PM
Cox has to be picked fwd. will be top 3 fwd points.  I'm goin Maric and mid pricer and upgrade to best ruck later on. Set n forget never works as if/when u get injury there goes ur set n forget. Tho we have extra trades for
Sideways but still. MOst prob u will have to trade in theI rucks At some time during year

I disagree, having Cox forward is barely a must. Why not put Cox in the rucks from the start? Alongside Jacobs, that sures up the ruck department for the whole year (barring injury).

And leave spots in the forward line for guys like Naitanui/Johnson for later upgrades?

fever

pretty baseless assumption youre making there fella.

tor01doc

Quote from: Mykonos FC on March 17, 2013, 10:53:09 PM

I disagree, having Cox forward is barely a must. Why not put Cox in the rucks from the start? Alongside Jacobs, that sures up the ruck department for the whole year (barring injury).

And leave spots in the forward line for guys like Naitanui/Johnson for later upgrades?

Top scoring combination of R & F utilises players (according to last year's averages) as follows

Maric and McEvoy R1 and R2
Buddy, NicNat, Cox, Pavlich, Ryder and Roughead F1 - 6.

I know Zorko and Walker and Martin and Bartel and Rocky etc etc are going to kill it this year, but good luck to any of them outscoring Cox.

Cox as a forward is the better option.