WXV Round 1 - Suns host Cobras in GF Rematch

Started by ossie85, March 16, 2013, 06:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on March 31, 2013, 09:07:17 AM
Moscow Spetsnaz   1143   11 (Shaw, Adams, Frawley, Monfries)
Cairo Sands   801   9* (Beams C, Hale, Breust, Gibson, Sewell, Thomas)
Prediction: Spetsnaz in front and should hold in, but if Beams or Hawthorn have a big one...

If Beams can perform like JPK and/or GAJ did, plus at least one of the Hawks guys (Sewell the most likely?) score a ton. We might just get up. However, Moscow has the home ground advantage which might just do us in.  :(

Also, I added Malceski's score to cover Stanley's, I can't change it to Goodes' score can I?  :-X If only I realised before I added the score in...  ::)

ossie85

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on March 31, 2013, 09:30:18 AM

All valid points, and hard to say the Pumas aren't flag favourites again this year :)
Have to get over our choking issues if we want to challenge. Also my defense is a bit of a concern with only 5 named to play in round 1! I do have McMahon to come back from suspension but an injury or two back there could see me in some strife!

@Nigey - Malceski was your first named emergency so he has to come in first to replace Stanley. Has nothing to do with you adding in his score before Goodes played.

Nails

D - Scott D. Thompson, Sam Gilbert 66, Shaun Burgoyne, Jarred Brennan 72
M - Dane Swan (C), J. McKenzie, M. Barlow 144, A. Carrazzo 83
R - D. Cox 96
F - D. Petrie, P. Chapman, J. Schulz, K. Bradley 58
I - K. Cornes, D. Cross 99

E - G. Johncock 85, P. Stewart, Lin Jong (thought I named someone to replace him, meh)

618/7 atm - thanks mostly to Barlow otherwise we'd be dead.

That said Captain Swan has the ability to win it off his own back playing one of his bunny teams.

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on March 31, 2013, 12:13:26 PM

Nah, Malceski was your first preference

Ah right, thought that was it. Oh well, shower happens.  :P

Nige

Monfries got subbed and I thought we had a chance, then found out that Beams is out. So now we get Clancee's shower score.  :-X

Bring on Round 2.  ::)

ossie85

Beams is out?

And the risk of the loop hole emerges!

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on March 31, 2013, 04:27:03 PM

Beams is out?

And the risk of the loop hole emerges!

I was against making Clancee vice, I didn't want the loophole to do this to us...  ::) #ShouldHaveViceCaptainedToryDickson

CrowsFan

The record high score of 182 held by Mexico City could be under threat this week. Adding Hartlett's score to the team score takes me to 1,601 with Roughy, Gunston to come, plus HGA which currently is Roberton's 76. Just need to score 230 between those three to claim the top score!

tbagrocks

Real tough week for the Islanders!

Pacific Islanders

Backs: M. Jaensch (71), T. Bugg (70), C. Hampton (64), D. Terlich (DNP)

Mids: T. Rockliff (C) (244), S. Gibson (VC), B. Howlett (164), S. Savage

Rucks: B. Longer (55)

Forwards: R. Stanley (79), M. de Boer (48), J. Howe (95), S. Reid (67)

Interchange: S. Blease (16), C. Beams (33)

Emergencies: J. Viney (117), L. Brown (44), J. Elliot

Nails

D - Scott D. Thompson, Sam Gilbert 66, Shaun Burgoyne, Jarred Brennan 72
M - Dane Swan (C), J. McKenzie 80, M. Barlow 144, A. Carrazzo 83
R - D. Cox 96
F - D. Petrie, P. Chapman, J. Schulz 134, K. Bradley 58
I - K. Cornes 166, D. Cross 99

E - G. Johncock 85, P. Stewart 78, Lin Jong (thought I named someone to replace him, meh)

GREAT game for the Armadillos in Port vs. Dees

Paul Stewart a great emergency racking up 78, shame he was only emerg.

But TWO stars for the Armadillos and a solid Boyd fill in.

McKenzie - very serviceable as a Boyd fill in with an 80.

Jay Schulz super star 134! What a great DEPTH forward! No Stevie J, No Boomer, no problems!

Kane Cornes - 166, still has it.

998/10

A big score from captain Swan could put this beyond doubt.

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 31, 2013, 05:13:15 PM
The record high score of 182 held by Mexico City could be under threat this week. Adding Hartlett's score to the team score takes me to 1,601 with Roughy, Gunston to come, plus HGA which currently is Roberton's 76. Just need to score 230 between those three to claim the top score!

Reckon a 76 HGA would be close to a record! Pumas really looking to atone!

So far the Tigers have had 3 players play, 5 donuts, 2 of the 3 emergencies also didn't play and the other Cheney is an emergency. Reckon the record low score (Cookie Monster's Royals scoring 90) could be under threat also.

Nails saved by Port Adelaide!

Speaking of records, have found c4's old records and put them here:

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,69037.msg1030831.html#msg1030831

Purple 77

I post this feeling the need to throw up from the game just been, but although Sellar had a very disappointing score of 31, the score including emergencies is:

1068 from 12 (captain included)

Yep.

CrowsFan

Well looks like the Tigers will be first eliminated from the World Idol then! Why haven't they got anyone playing?

ossie85

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 31, 2013, 05:27:50 PM
Well looks like the Tigers will be first eliminated from the World Idol then! Why haven't they got anyone playing?

Named a team early and didn't edit, a bunch of players got locked in and locked out. Don't have much to choose from, they might not have 15.