WXV Round 1 - Suns host Cobras in GF Rematch

Started by ossie85, March 16, 2013, 06:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Round 1
(AFL Round 1)

Mexico City Suns       v       Cape Town Cobras       Fireball Stadium, Mexico City
Pacific Islanders       v       New York Revolution       BSP Stadium
Sao Paulo Pumas       v       Paris Nice Lyon Reindeers       Estádio do Pumas
Buenos Aires Armadillos       v       Dublin Destroyers       Estadio de River
Wellington Warriors       v       Tokyo Samurai       The Basin Reserve
Toronto Wolves       v       Beijing Bears       Rogers Centre, Toronto
Moscow Spetsnaz       v       Cairo Sands       Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow
Berlin Brewers       v       New Delhi Tigers       Olympic Stadium, Berlin
Seoul Magpies       v       London Royals       Seoul World Cup Stadium

Highlights:
Mexico City Suns v Cape Town Cobras in the Grand Final re-match. Have always been a fan of Round 1 being the re-match, plus it means that at least one of these super teams won't win straight up! The Suns will also unveil the 2012 Flag. Who will win Suns v Cobras IV? The Suns have had a great preseason, while the Cobras have been literally non-competitive.

New York have a name change, but will the Revolution come? By request, the Pacific and New York have requested there match be in honour of the late John McCarthy. When they last met, only 2 points separated them.

The Pumas start there road to redemption this round, as they have unfinished business. Meanwhile, the Reindeers will be looking to have a much better start to the season.

A lot of fuss has been made about Buenos Aires and there flag hopes this year, but it has been Dublin's whose preseason and offseason have surprised. A Premiership favourite versus last year's wooden spooner could potentially be one of the matches of the round!

The Warriors and Samurai have been relatively quiet over the off-season, but can they make some noise now? The Warriors annihilated the Samurai by 22 points the last time they met.

The Wolves and Bears were finalists last year, and while he Wolves look great, the Bears look in tatters with an inexperienced list and currently have no coach!

The Spetsnaz weren't that far off last year, will a new coach change there luck? Cairo will be looking to start the year off on a positive after struggling to make an impact last year.

The Brewers and Tigers face-off in Germany. The Brewers finished top 4 in the Preseason comp which surprised most, and the Tigers look to go against expectations.

After changing coaches TWICE the Magpies are looking like they have a spring in there step! A terrific preseason has them strong favourites against London, but the Royals have other ideas.

HOW DOES THE ROUND 1, 'DUAL' PARTIAL LOCKOUT SYSTEM WORK?

The competition goes into a 'Partial Lockout' mode at the start of the Adelaide v Essendon game, at 8:40pm AEDT on Friday, March 22. Both this game and the Saturday, March 23 match between Fremantle and West Coast will be LOCKED OUT.
Once in Partial Lockout mode, any Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players selected in your team will be 'locked in' - you'll no longer be able to remove or substitute them.

Similarly, Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players will no longer be selectable.

You may continue to edit your team as usual with the remaining players and teams up until the start of the Thursday evening match between Carlton and Richmond, at 7:40pm AEDT, March 28. At this time, a second Partial Lockout of this match becomes effective. All Carlton and Richmond (in addition to Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast) players on your squad will be locked in and no longer selectable.

You may then continue editing your team with players from the remaining 6 matches and 12 clubs, up until the start of the Western Bulldogs v Brisbane match at 1:40pm on Saturday, March 30. The competition then goes into FULL LOCKOUT mode with the complete teams locked in. NO further team editing is possible.

If you have selected a Captain, Vice Captain and/or any Emergencies from your Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players prior to 8:40pm AEDT on Friday, March 22, they can NO longer be de-selected or changed after this time. The above also applies to the second Partial Lockout on March 28, with Carlton and Richmond players. If you did not, these options will remain available to you through to the full lockout on Saturday afternoon, March 30.

And yes, you can do the sneaky Captain rule...

REMEMBER TO POST A NEW TEAM IN A NEW POST when you change. Otherwise, I won't be able to tell whether you made changes before or after lock out.....

FisherSaints

So if I post my team first but can still edit it I get the points??

Your XV   
Defender   I   Garrick Ibbotson
Defender   II   Jordan Murdoch
Defender   III   Nick Vlastuin
Defender   IV   Ben Jacobs
Midfielder   V   Leigh Montagna
Midfielder   VI   Ryan Bastinac
Midfielder   VII   Domenic Cassisi
Midfielder   VIII   Simon Black
Ruck   IX   Brent Renouf
Forward   X   Jarryd Blair
Forward   XI   Sharrod Wellingham
Forward   XII   Daniel Giansiracusa
Forward   XIII   Jake Stringer
Interchange   XIV   George Horlin-Smith
Interchange   XV   Kyal Horsley

Emergency   
   I   Ian Callinan
   II   Kyle Cheney
   III   Matthew White

Captain   Leigh Montagna
   Vice-Captain   Ryan Bastinac

ossie85

Quote from: FisherSaints on March 16, 2013, 08:25:58 AM
So if I post my team first but can still edit it I get the points??

Yup! Well done New Delhi

Maca24

AFEV

COPYABLE PLAINTEXT BELOW

I Grant Birchall
II Dyson Heppell
III Courtney Dempsey
IV Sam Fisher
V Andrew Gaff
VI Toby Greene
VII Harley Bennell
VIII Tom Liberatore
IX Jonathan Giles
X Travis Cloke
XI   Allen Christensen
XII   Josh Jenkins
XIII Arryn Siposs
XIV Dion Prestia
XV Koby Stevens

Emergency   

I Trent McKenzie
II Will Schofield
III Mike Pyke

Captain   Harley Bennell
Vice-Captain   Andrew Gaff

*Subject to change.

JBs-Hawks

Provisional team.

Def: B Gibbs, C Yarran, P Duffield, B Ellis

Mid: B Deledio (VC), P Dangerfield (C), J Kelly, J Corey,

Ruck: B McEvoy

Fwd: J Kennedy, J Bolton, H Ballantyne, B Macaffer

Uitilities: L Anthony, S Coniglio,

Emg: Russell, Hunt, Roughead

Is it ok to post in this format or do you want it like those guys above me?

CrowsFan

Ossie what's the deal with the split round? Are we allowed to change the team after the first week for players who haven't played yet? And can we do the sneaky emg and captain trick with the players who play in the first week? I ask because I remember in the round split over rounds 11 and 12 we weren't allowed to do that...

ossie85

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 16, 2013, 11:00:53 AM
Is it ok to post in this format or do you want it like those guys above me?

Yup, that format's ok

@CrowsFan - Sorry! Should have said in opening post and will edit. Same as Dream Team rules for Round 1:

HOW DOES THE ROUND 1, 'DUAL' PARTIAL LOCKOUT SYSTEM WORK?

The competition goes into a 'Partial Lockout' mode at the start of the Adelaide v Essendon game, at 8:40pm AEDT on Friday, March 22. Both this game and the Saturday, March 23 match between Fremantle and West Coast will be LOCKED OUT.
Once in Partial Lockout mode, any Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players selected in your team will be 'locked in' - you'll no longer be able to remove or substitute them.

Similarly, Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players will no longer be selectable.

You may continue to edit your team as usual with the remaining players and teams up until the start of the Thursday evening match between Carlton and Richmond, at 7:40pm AEDT, March 28. At this time, a second Partial Lockout of this match becomes effective. All Carlton and Richmond (in addition to Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast) players on your squad will be locked in and no longer selectable.

You may then continue editing your team with players from the remaining 6 matches and 12 clubs, up until the start of the Western Bulldogs v Brisbane match at 1:40pm on Saturday, March 30. The competition then goes into FULL LOCKOUT mode with the complete teams locked in. NO further team editing is possible.

If you have selected a Captain, Vice Captain and/or any Emergencies from your Adelaide, Essendon, Fremantle and West Coast players prior to 8:40pm AEDT on Friday, March 22, they can NO longer be de-selected or changed after this time. The above also applies to the second Partial Lockout on March 28, with Carlton and Richmond players. If you did not, these options will remain available to you through to the full lockout on Saturday afternoon, March 30.

And yes, you can do the sneaky Captain rule...

REMEMBER TO POST A NEW TEAM IN A NEW POST when you change. Otherwise, I won't be able to tell whether you made changes before or after lock out.....

Nige

Backs: P.Hanley, D.Stanley, J.Gibson, C.Newman
Mids: D.Beams, N.Dal Santo, S.Grigg, B.Sewell
Ruck: S.Mumford
Fwds: D.Hale, L.Breust, T.Dickson, L.Thomas
Int: D.Armitage, C.Pearce

Emerg: N.Malceski, M.Rischitelli, C.Knights

Captain: D.Beams
Vice Captain: P.Hanley

I haven't even looked at the teams for Round 1, so this will be subject to change.

Purple 77

Berlin Brewers Team (Subject to change)

Def: Jack Grimes, Michael Hibberd, Dylan Grimes, Colin Garland
Mid: Daniel Wells (VC), Jack Steven, David Swallow, Jack Trengove
Ruck: Mark Jamar
For: Lance Franklin (C), Shane Edwards, Andrejs Everitt, Matthew Stokes
Int: Reece Conca, James Magner
Emg: Jake Spencer, Tom McDonald, Daniel Jackson

Maca24

Mexico City Suns

Def: B.Goddard (VC), S.Hurn, J.Adcock, C.Enright.
Mid: S.Thompson, S.Sidebottom, B.Ebert, B.Moloney (C).
Ruck: I.Maric
For: N.Riewoldt, J.Bartel, J.Lewis, M.Lecras.
Int: D.Currie, A.Goodes.
Emg: M.Baguley, B.Vince, S.Crameri.

Jukes

Moscow Spetsnaz

D: Shaw, Fletcher, Murphy, Frawley
M: Tuck (C), Fyfe (VC), Griffen, Ward
R: Sinclair
F: Martin, Higgins, Monfries, Adams
Int: Treloar, Darling

Emg: Walters, Hoskin-Elliot, Clarke.

My Chumps

Cape Town Cobras

Defense: G.Broughton, T.Chaplin, L.Spurr, E.Wood
Midfield: J.Watson (VC), T.Cotchin, J.Kennedy (C), R.O'Keefe
Fowrward: D.Thomas, T.Hawkins, C.Sylvia, C.Bird
Ruck: S.Martin
Utilities: A.Cooney, Jeff Garlett

Emerg: Zac Smith, Jasper Pittard, Jeremey Cameron

Not my strongest line up but still capable. Doubt Daisy will play but I'll change that after round 1 teams are announced.

ossie85

Stef Martin over Zac Smith! Interesting. Also interesting you actually have a choice for rucks this year MC!