Main Menu

Martin on the trade table

Started by nrich102, March 15, 2013, 08:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: Noz on May 15, 2013, 07:38:25 PM
See you don't even look at stats i clearly show you stats that have been giving to the general public by champion data clearly proving to you that Cotchin is not even statistically ranked in the top 20 players for the last 40 games.

Whats your response you bring in 2 players that aren't even part of this conversation.

Noz I am recognising that you pointed out Pendles (#5) is statistically better than Cotchin (#21). I agree, Pendles is current;y better than Cotchin. But it is more a fact of why would we want to trade our prized player and captain of our club.

So I pose you the question: would you trade your prized player and captain Travis Boak (#73) for someone who is statistically a bit better in Steele Sidebottom (#68).

Same principes mate. ;)

Ziplock

no, it's really not....

the point differential between the highest players is larger than between upper/middle tier players.

there's what, 16 places from cotchin to pendles? and 89 points?

and 7 places  from sidey to boak? but only 5 points

yeah, you say you wouldn't trade him.

at the same time, your judgement is misplaced, misguided and wrong

pendlebury is an elite player. Cotchin is a great player, who may one day become elite.

what's the saying 'a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush'

your biased. Now, I'm not saying richmond would do it, and as I said, collingwood definitely wouldn't, but say for some hypothetical reason pendles reaaaaally wanted to go to richmond (maybe he's really sick of finals footy?) and requested a trade, so collingwood went 'cotchin for pendles straight swap'... richmond would have to be really, really, really stupid to not at the very least consider it.

Once again, in this hypothetical, they probably wouldn't do it... they'd be paranoid that pendles had like 2 drug strikes or something that the pies knew about :P But that aside.

Toga

zip, my question was hypothetical also - i am pointing out that any team would be reluctant to trade their favourite son.

dunno why we are talking about this its stupid.

TeeJay

Yeah this has just got way out of hand. It started as a joke about us saying we would take martin. obviosuly cotchin would never be traded, nor would pendlebury so who gives a feck?

im a geelong supporter and i wouldnt trade selwood for any player even though i know there are players better than him.
cotchin is a star. not a future star, but a star! a ready made bonified star of the game. look at his achievements from last season and its easy to see that. people hate on richmond when they start to get up and about. they have the 2nd biggest following in the afl and their supporters are lunatics and people dont like it when they get a head of steam.the fact that they have been shower for 30 years just irritates people more becasue they get over excited about normal wins and players that look good. who can blame them though?

if anyone thinks cotchin is over rated they are a numb skull. ask every coach to pick their best starting midfield and he would feature in all of them

elephants

Quote from: TeeJay on May 15, 2013, 11:18:55 PM
Yeah this has just got way out of hand. It started as a joke about us saying we would take martin. obviosuly cotchin would never be traded, nor would pendlebury so who gives a feck?

im a geelong supporter and i wouldnt trade selwood for any player even though i know there are players better than him.
cotchin is a star. not a future star, but a star! a ready made bonified star of the game. look at his achievements from last season and its easy to see that. people hate on richmond when they start to get up and about. they have the 2nd biggest following in the afl and their supporters are lunatics and people dont like it when they get a head of steam.the fact that they have been shower for 30 years just irritates people more becasue they get over excited about normal wins and players that look good. who can blame them though?

if anyone thinks cotchin is over rated they are a numb skull. ask every coach to pick their best starting midfield and he would feature in all of them

Amazingly ginormous huge +1

I honestly can't add anything. Perfectly summed up, props mate!

Toga

Quote from: elephants on May 15, 2013, 11:33:50 PM
Quote from: TeeJay on May 15, 2013, 11:18:55 PM

Amazingly ginormous huge +1

I honestly can't add anything. Perfectly summed up, props mate!

Amazingly ginormous huge +2

Very well said TJ, and you have summed up what I was trying to say - teams do not trade/want to trade their golden sons. That's the end of the story!

Couldn't have said it any better mate (esp. the thing about Richmond getting up and about - ;)) haha.

A cheer for you mate. :)

quinny88

Noz, time for our next check in on Wingard and Martin. Both on their mid season bye.

Brownlow Votes = Unknown
Best and fairest = Unknown
Avg Disposals = Martin- 23.8  Wingard- 21.8
Total Goals = Martin- 12  Wingard- 18
DT avg = Martin- 98.1  Wingard- 88.2
SC avg = Martin- 104.3  Wingard- 96.8

Brownlow votes impossible to predict but Killbluff has Martin on 7 and Wingard on 3 in his brownlow prediction thread.
I suspect both players would be top 5 in their B&F counts also.

Wingard playing out of his skin so far this season and again ill admit he has surprised me and I didnt see this coming but even still. Dusty a class above as expected ;)

Noz

Quote from: quinny88 on June 04, 2013, 04:08:09 PM
Noz, time for our next check in on Wingard and Martin. Both on their mid season bye.

Brownlow Votes = Unknown
Best and fairest = Unknown
Avg Disposals = Martin- 23.8  Wingard- 21.8
Total Goals = Martin- 12  Wingard- 18
DT avg = Martin- 98.1  Wingard- 88.2
SC avg = Martin- 104.3  Wingard- 96.8

Brownlow votes impossible to predict but Killbluff has Martin on 7 and Wingard on 3 in his brownlow prediction thread.
I suspect both players would be top 5 in their B&F counts also.

Wingard playing out of his skin so far this season and again ill admit he has surprised me and I didnt see this coming but even still. Dusty a class above as expected ;)

Wingard has shown everyone in the AFL world that he will be a superstar and Martin is also coming of age, this season showing us all the talent that got him drafted and than more.

Wingard has popped up with some crucial goals but Martin has shown that he is capable of changing in a game where as Wingard still lacks that ability to win a game of his own boot.

Martin is still a class above......for now

Toga

Think we can safely say that both will be superstars, if they aren't already! (I think they are!)

As a Tigers supporter I am so happy with how Dusty has played and held himself this season. :)

tbagrocks

Was he really that bad last night? I say this because SC again think so, 67? :o

I lost an important league game with them Lids and me Dusty! By 25 flowering points!

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on June 04, 2013, 04:52:11 PM
Was he really that bad last night? I say this because SC again think so, 67? :o

I lost an important league game with them Lids and me Dusty! By 25 flowering points!

I was shocked at his low score. He wasnt fantastic or anything but I thought he played an 80+ game

quinny88

Alright, 4 weeks to go and this is bloody close!
Whatever happens from here I can openly admit I was wrong about Wingard. I didn't see this big of a breakout season coming! But let's be honest, not even the most optimistic Port supporter could have seen this coming in his 2nd season.
Noz, you made the comment earlier in the season that he didn't yet have the ability to win a game off his own boot but I think he has put that to bed now!

So this is how it sits with a month of footy to go..

Brownlow Votes = Unknown
Best and fairest = Unknown (both would be top 3)
Avg Disposals = Martin- 24.6  Wingard- 22.1
Total Goals = Martin- 21 Wingard- 35
DT avg = Martin- 97.8  Wingard- 90.3
SC avg = Martin- 104.4  Wingard- 101.4

Going to come right down to the wire

Rusty00

Quote from: quinny88 on August 06, 2013, 12:49:28 PM
Alright, 4 weeks to go and this is bloody close!
Whatever happens from here I can openly admit I was wrong about Wingard. I didn't see this big of a breakout season coming! But let's be honest, not even the most optimistic Port supporter could have seen this coming in his 2nd season.
Noz, you made the comment earlier in the season that he didn't yet have the ability to win a game off his own boot but I think he has put that to bed now!

So this is how it sits with a month of footy to go..

Brownlow Votes = Unknown
Best and fairest = Unknown (both would be top 3)
Avg Disposals = Martin- 24.6  Wingard- 22.1
Total Goals = Martin- 21 Wingard- 35
DT avg = Martin- 97.8  Wingard- 90.3
SC avg = Martin- 104.4  Wingard- 101.4

Going to come right down to the wire
As I was watching Wingard put on a masterclass on the weekend it made me think of this thread  ;)

Noz

Both players have played superb footy, Wingard should make it in the All Australian team which would be an amazing fear (Will he be the youngest to ever make the team?)
The finals race could come down to a Port Adelaide/Richmond elimination final.
Can't way to see what both men have in store for us in 2014.

Also getting back on the original topic of this thread. Martin might not even be at Punt Road next year. lol

elephants

Quote from: Noz on August 06, 2013, 10:08:44 PM
Martin might not even be at Punt Road next year. lol

Woah, what? Richmond aren't moving from Punt Road are they??