Martin on the trade table

Started by nrich102, March 15, 2013, 08:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Yeah against Melbourne and GWS mate  ::) sooo impressive

Noz

Quote from: quinny88 on April 06, 2013, 11:43:29 PM
Yeah against Melbourne and GWS mate  ::) sooo impressive

Cheers Quinny i suppose its about time you recognise just how good he is.

quinny88

If he does it against Adelaide ill be impressed. For now im not impressed at all. You have literally played against the 2 worst teams in the comp

Toga

I'll agree with you there Noz that Wingard had a blinder tonight 8)

elephants

Hah, when do Port play someone good.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on April 07, 2013, 01:09:53 AM
Hah, when do Port play someone good.

uh, considering the injuries wce have...

round 9 Geelong?
#burntadelaidegoldcoastnorthmeblorunerichmondcarlton

Noz

All i know is in the past 24 hours i have received 20 boos probably most from the "great" people known as Richmond supporters, You guys keep saying Wingard only did it against the 2 poorest teams in the comp

Hey look at some stats

Dustin Martin
Supercoach scores against Melbourne - 70, 68, 115, 53, 77 (76 Average)
Supercoach scores against GWS - 99 (99 average)

Dreamteam scores against Melbourne - 64, 77, 92, 48, 74 (71 average)
Dreamteam scores against GWS - 86 (86 average)

2013 super coach average - 88
2013 dream team average - 85

Chad Wingard
Supercoach scores against Melbourne - 72, 87 (79 average)
Supercoach scores against GWS - 51, 145 (98 average)

Dreamteam scores against Melbourne - 57, 71 (64 average)
Dreamteam scores against GWS - 54, 107 (80 average)

2013 super coach average - 116
2013 dream team average - 89

Dudge

Quote from: Toga on April 07, 2013, 12:11:31 AM
I'll agree with you there Noz that Wingard had a blinder tonight 8)

Was at the game on Saturday Toga and he did play really well (little Neade fed him well). I'm not buying into this debate just yet, because i have Dusty, and hoping he has stronger finishes in games (but hasn;t been too bad imo) but yeah Chad was very impressive

Toga

Quote from: Dudge on April 08, 2013, 11:02:27 AM
Was at the game on Saturday Toga and he did play really well (little Neade fed him well). I'm not buying into this debate just yet, because i have Dusty, and hoping he has stronger finishes in games (but hasn;t been too bad imo) but yeah Chad was very impressive

Yeah agreed Dudge. I'm kinda taking a backseat in this whole debate as well cos I think both are going to bloody good players in the future, no point arguing about them at this stage of their careers imo..

Chad had a blinder the other night that's for sure, can't wait to see how he fares against some of the stronger teams as well, that will be a great test for him. He could well be the pick of the 2011 National Draft!

Dusty, well yeah, I'd love for him to do well too. He is playing good footy so far this year, but I'd like to see Hardwick let him run out games in the middle (providing he has the tank to run them out). Reckon it will really help his development, its just his strength 1-on-1 that is seeing Hardwick plonk him up forwards when the game gets tight!!

TeeJay

Quote from: Noz on April 07, 2013, 11:08:11 PM
All i know is in the past 24 hours i have received 20 boos probably most from the "great" people known as Richmond supporters, You guys keep saying Wingard only did it against the 2 poorest teams in the comp

Hey look at some stats

Dustin Martin
Supercoach scores against Melbourne - 70, 68, 115, 53, 77 (76 Average)
Supercoach scores against GWS - 99 (99 average)

Dreamteam scores against Melbourne - 64, 77, 92, 48, 74 (71 average)
Dreamteam scores against GWS - 86 (86 average)

2013 super coach average - 88
2013 dream team average - 85

Chad Wingard
Supercoach scores against Melbourne - 72, 87 (79 average)
Supercoach scores against GWS - 51, 145 (98 average)

Dreamteam scores against Melbourne - 57, 71 (64 average)
Dreamteam scores against GWS - 54, 107 (80 average)

2013 super coach average - 116
2013 dream team average - 89

Mate, I'm not a Richmond supporter but reading through this thread and others and you have labelled one of their gun players as a drug lord and baisically someone that is going nowhere with their career or life, you have bagged the club in other threads and their supporters. Surely you expect to be booed the way you have gone about it? You're clearly disgruntled towards Richmond for whatever reason and letting it spill over and cloud your judgement.

The stats you have brought up are inconclusive. Martin hasn't played Melbourne or Gws in 2013. If you are going to bicker and try and get up people after every game then you are going to eventually make a tit of yourself when Wingard has a quiet game or 2 and it all comes back on you. Save your judgements till the end of the season or perhaps the half way mark when a proper assessment of each players season can be made. Just a thought

Noz

Here we go again

I lay down stats it's not good enough

The stats are not inclusive at all you guys have been saying Wingard is only good because he played against poor clubs if Martin were better he would of destroyed them as well but he didn't.

I can't really be bothered looking back on this thread but from what I could be wrong but I don't think I labelled him as a drug lord I think from memory I said something like he has a better chance of being a drug lord than succeeding at Richmond.

Ziplock

he's saying that what you've demonstrated are wingard stats from playing gws and melbourne this year, compared to martins stats of playing gws and meblourne (last year I presume). Is it the argument that wingard will be better than martin this year? If so, then clearly those stats are misleading.

If it's that wingard will be a better player than martin was last year, it's still a little misleading. You're assuming that port is of equal ability of richmond last year, and assuming that gws/melbourne are also of equal ability.

TeeJay

Quote from: Ziplock on April 08, 2013, 02:44:27 PM
he's saying that what you've demonstrated are wingard stats from playing gws and melbourne this year, compared to martins stats of playing gws and meblourne (last year I presume). Is it the argument that wingard will be better than martin this year? If so, then clearly those stats are misleading.

If it's that wingard will be a better player than martin was last year, it's still a little misleading. You're assuming that port is of equal ability of richmond last year, and assuming that gws/melbourne are also of equal ability.

That's exactly what I'm saying! Thank you very much.

Noz, don't take everything so negatively. No one in this whole thread has said Wingard is a spud or even that he's not a gun? The call you are making is a big call and 90% of the football world would disagree with you so you don't need to be so offended that Richmond supporters don't buy into your claim.... Put it out to a broader audience and you will find that the vast majority still disagree with you

quinny88

Im not making a further comment on this until after round 6. like TJ said, if you are going to try and brag after every good game Wingard plays and bag martin every quiet game he plays then expect me to rip into you every time its the opposite.
I dont want to do that because its stupid. Im 100% confident Martin will have a better season that Wingard so I will leave it at that and make an opinion of how they are travelling every 6 weeks, not every week like you are doing

Noz

Okay then I shall stop commenting I will see you guys in 6 weeks, Were we shall give a fair analysis of both men season to date.