Main Menu

Martin on the trade table

Started by nrich102, March 15, 2013, 08:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

He can try, but tex still don't have as good a don't argue as Dusty tbag ;)

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on March 22, 2013, 11:28:39 PM

That was a bloody good dont argue! Too bad that's about all he did

Ziplock

Quote from: quinny88 on March 23, 2013, 01:00:42 AM

wasn't it against kommer?

the guy weighs 20kg less than walker....

that's like martin giving a dont argue to neade lol.

quinny88

Quote from: Ziplock on March 23, 2013, 01:16:46 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 23, 2013, 01:00:42 AM

wasn't it against kommer?

the guy weighs 20kg less than walker....

that's like martin giving a dont argue to neade lol.

True lol. Did look funny though

elephants

Quote from: Noz on March 22, 2013, 06:55:43 PM
Quote from: elephants on March 22, 2013, 05:30:53 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 22, 2013, 12:39:34 AM
Quote from: Noz on March 22, 2013, 12:35:42 AM
Touches you up a bit?  :o

Don't think he meant in that way lol. But I can say I work with a bikie to from the coffin cheaters and he is the nicest bloke at the company and trains all of the young blokes. Certainly not a criminal or thug as some people seem to portray every bikie to be

I did mean it that way and I was joking :P

Must be the higher-order Western Australian humour that you peasents don't understand ;)

I live in Melbourne  ::)

Facepalm.

Re-read the whole quote mate ::)

Toga

Here's another article coming out of Richmond concerning Dusty... Cotch has said YET AGAIN that he is looking fantastic, MARK WILLIAMS has had a huge part to do with Dusty, getting him in line... I think he's in for a big one. :)

RICHMOND captain Trent Cotchin has brushed aside off-field concerns about Dustin Martin, declaring the controversial midfielder is in excellent shape for 2013.

The 21-year-old has at times been in the spotlight for his off-field behavior, which saw him hit with a club-imposed suspension last season and also the subject of inflammatory social media chatter over summer.

But Cotchin has backed the star midfielder to fire like never before in 2013.

"He's flying. He pulled up a little bit sore from last weekend's game but he's ready to go," Cotchin told AFL.com.au. 

"He's had the best preparation he's had since being at the club."

Cotchin said a big part of the summer has been spent building structure into Martin's life, plus tutelage from new Richmond assistant coach Mark Williams.

"He's got his house set up exactly how he wants it now, he said he's more than comfortable just to sit on the couch whereas he's been a little bored at home before," Cotchin said. 

"He's working with Linfox once a week, so he's learning a lot both footy-wise and off-field wise."

"'Choco' Williams has been fantastic in helping him set up a lot of it and I think we'll see a lot of benefits from what he's been doing off-field and away from the club come footy time."

Cotchin's strong support from Martin comes after Garry Lyon warned the Tigers would look to trade Martin if he didn't get his off-field act together.

Lyon told AFL.com.au's Footy Focus he had no doubt Martin's issues continued to concern Richmond.

"Make no mistake, there are some issues with Dustin at Richmond," Lyon said.

"People can deny all they want, but his off-field stuff remains an issue for the Richmond Football Club."

The Tigers get a chance to atone from what has become a bad run in their traditional Thursday night round one clash against Carlton this week, having not beaten the Blues on the occasion since 2008.

Cotchin said the team has worked on making amends.

"I think last year we just had a patch where we mentally let ourselves down," he said.

"We've got things in place that hopefully we can stop those sort of run ons from opposition teams because it is a game of momentum."

Matt Thompson is a reporter for AFL Media. Follow him on Twitter @MattThompsonAFL 

Dustin Martin  is a midfieldfer/forward in AFL Fantasy. He averaged 85 points in 2012. Register your team at our AFL Fantasy hub.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-03-24/cotchin-backs-martin

elephants

Lurrrrve it!

Not starting Dusty but defintely bringing him in round 2 once I've had a little look at him vs the Blues!

Toga

Me too! 8) 8)

I'll be starting him 100% - did have him at F3 at one point, but have brought in another premium to sure up that forward line. :)

elephants

I'm going into the first round with Bartel/Chappy because they love playing the Hawks and depending on how Dusty goes I'll drop Bart/Chapp to him in round 2 ;)

Noz

TheAnt

Quote from: Noz on March 28, 2013, 11:11:44 PM
Wow what a gun.
Indeed, played well and kicked a ripping goal. But oh yeah, Chad Wingard will easily surpass him this year  ::)

Noz

Well he didn't play well but continue to be bias

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on March 29, 2013, 12:36:05 AM
Well he didn't play well but continue to be bias

He didnt play bad though..
And he kicked a contender for goal of the year

elephants

Soooo...

After one week, how do we rate the performances? Who wins this week? I could crunch the numbers but I'm sure one of you has got or will get stuck into that hahah.

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on April 01, 2013, 01:07:20 AM
Soooo...

After one week, how do we rate the performances? Who wins this week? I could crunch the numbers but I'm sure one of you has got or will get stuck into that hahah.

I know wingard scored slightly ahead in SC but not sure of other numbers. Not gonna bother after round 1 lol