Main Menu

Martin on the trade table

Started by nrich102, March 15, 2013, 08:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

the situation still must of been pretty bad before he moved in with Cotchin

Noz

Exactly KB yet the Richmond fans continue to ignore the fact that Martin is still a troubled kid

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on March 22, 2013, 09:40:32 AM
Exactly KB yet the Richmond fans continue to ignore the fact that Martin is still a troubled kid

No one thinks Martin hasn't had his issues mate. What we are irritated by is what those issues are said to be. Because people like you read a rumour by some tosser on twitter that Martin is being investigated by federal police or he's dealing drugs and you believe it and post it on here as if it happened when it didn't.
No doubt he was having some attitude and commitment problems but they have been addressed, fixed and were never due to major problems anyway as has been said. Sorry to let everyone down but the whole Dustin Martin story isn't as bad ass as everyone thinks or wants it to be

Toga

Yes he is troubled no ones ignoring that BUT lets keep it in proportion. He's had attitude problems, not federal offense problems so let's just drop it.

Think about two magpies stars by the name of Dane Swan and Dayne Beams - both we're in trouble as youngsters for assault and whatnot, but look at them now. Lets give Dusty a chance and lay off the Richmond bashing everyone. :)

Mat0369

Just in response to what was said on the footy show last night. Damo said that Martin had a foot infection at Deledios wedding in Byron Bay, was hanging around with Daniel Conners, arrived late to the wedding in a bad state and was then taken to hospital by Wayne Campbell because of this infection. I am not saying that the reason Martin had the infection is drug related, but addicts are known to shoot up into their feet as it does not show track marks on their arms. It also leads to a high infection rate in that area since 99% of the time they don't inject themselves in a clean environment.

Noz

You say I'm going off rumours?

You guys are doing the same.

Going off rumours that he hasn't gone on drugs ofcourse the AFL aren't going to make this public it will only damage the business even further after the Essendon and Melbourne scandals over the summer.

For all we know they could try and keep the police investigation under wraps and the police could of told Martin to get a job not the club the police.

Please don't compare Martin with Swan/Beams again

quinny88

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2013, 03:35:26 PM
Just in response to what was said on the footy show last night. Damo said that Martin had a foot infection at Deledios wedding in Byron Bay, was hanging around with Daniel Conners, arrived late to the wedding in a bad state and was then taken to hospital by Wayne Campbell because of this infection. I am not saying that the reason Martin had the infection is drug related, but addicts are known to shoot up into their feet as it does not show track marks on their arms. It also leads to a high infection rate in that area since 99% of the time they don't inject themselves in a clean environment.

Wow yeah it's almost a certainty that he was shooting up into his foot.. that's the most likely thing that happened. If he was that much of an addict that he's shooting up in his foot he would be long gone. Not even cousins was that bad

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on March 22, 2013, 03:49:56 PM
You say I'm going off rumours?

You guys are doing the same.

Going off rumours that he hasn't gone on drugs ofcourse the AFL aren't going to make this public it will only damage the business even further after the Essendon and Melbourne scandals over the summer.

For all we know they could try and keep the police investigation under wraps and the police could of told Martin to get a job not the club the police.

Please don't compare Martin with Swan/Beams again

Are you serious Noz?? So every rumour that comes up about an AFL player we should assume to be true even when the club say its not, the media say its not and the player say its not? Get a grip...
The AFL don't chose what goes public you peanut! The media write whatever they want to write! If there was police involvement or an arrest or even any evidence that he was dealing drugs the media would have it on the front page of every paper that second!
Do you think if the AFL or the police had control over what the media release there would be articles on what a shambles the AFL is and Demetriou should lose his job? No one has control over the media they do what they want and it doesn't take much for them to write a story. Wake up

quinny88

And the police can't tell someone they have to get a job? Hahaha you have lost the plot mate

Chelskiman

No we don't.  We clearly realise he's not fully matured, but what you guys can't understand is he's working hard to turn that around.  In your eyes he's going to be a drug lord bikie president by next year.  ::)

elephants

Quote from: quinny88 on March 22, 2013, 12:39:34 AM
Quote from: Noz on March 22, 2013, 12:35:42 AM
Touches you up a bit?  :o

Don't think he meant in that way lol. But I can say I work with a bikie to from the coffin cheaters and he is the nicest bloke at the company and trains all of the young blokes. Certainly not a criminal or thug as some people seem to portray every bikie to be

I did mean it that way and I was joking :P

Must be the higher-order Western Australian humour that you peasents don't understand ;)

Noz

Quote from: elephants on March 22, 2013, 05:30:53 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 22, 2013, 12:39:34 AM
Quote from: Noz on March 22, 2013, 12:35:42 AM
Touches you up a bit?  :o

Don't think he meant in that way lol. But I can say I work with a bikie to from the coffin cheaters and he is the nicest bloke at the company and trains all of the young blokes. Certainly not a criminal or thug as some people seem to portray every bikie to be

I did mean it that way and I was joking :P

Must be the higher-order Western Australian humour that you peasents don't understand ;)

I live in Melbourne  ::)

Mat0369

Quote from: quinny88 on March 22, 2013, 04:03:48 PM
Wow yeah it's almost a certainty that he was shooting up into his foot.. that's the most likely thing that happened. If he was that much of an addict that he's shooting up in his foot he would be long gone. Not even cousins was that bad

No one understands how bad Cousins is/was. He was their best player, they knew he was taking stuff, but because of his ability they looked the other way for so long. I didn't say that is what the infection was from, but if he has been taking drugs, he was in a bad way and he did have an infection in the foot, it very well could have been from that. He may not be abusing drugs at all and his bad way could have been alcohol related. He might have gotten so drunk the night before that the alchohol had not worn off yet. Obviously if he was shooting up any drug he was not going to do it in his arms playing league football. He would want to do it as discretely as possible and the foot is a spot to do it. If he did have a problem good on Richmond for not actually kicking him to the curb. He obviously needs the support and they gave him that. Regardless of what is his issues are.

Noz

Quote from: quinny88 on March 22, 2013, 04:03:48 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 22, 2013, 03:35:26 PM

Um you know Cousins actually went into rehab twice!

quinny88

Yeah cousins wasn't shooting up though and cousins was a full blown drug addict. Shooting up is on a whole new level than anything else. I know a lot of mates that get on the gear every weekend and some more often than that but even they all think its way too far to shoot up and think its disgusting. It's a completely taboo topic even amongst drug addicts. Herroin addicts are the only ones that think its ok.