Main Menu

Martin on the trade table

Started by nrich102, March 15, 2013, 08:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

Acting like sheep because I'm one of 2 people on this entire forum agreeing with an opinion Baaa

Nothing's proven is it?

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/afl/richmond-tigers-look-to-improve-dustin-martins-attitude/story-e6frf9io-1226508669243

- Counselling after a STRING of incidents over the past couple of months
- Of field behaviour has NOT improved since his round 15 suspension
- Starting talks about a long term deal but the club have had misgivings about his off field behaviour

Another article perhaps

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-star-dustin-martin-still-learning-life-skills-required-of-afl-players/story-e6freck3-1226554501428

- Hardwick had to pull Martin aside to discus his of season behaviour
- Struggling to balance football and his off field life

elephants

Hahaha this was just dying down and we had an agreement on a wager then BAM The Ant reignites it all.

Just a point, wouldn't it be better to do it on SC points Noz?

And also, you're backing a 40-50 point per game increase from a 19 year old. I mean, I think Wingard will be a quality player and I also reckon Dusty will explode some time in the next 1-2 years but honestly, that kinda breakout is unheard of!?

Noz

An agreement? No richmond supporter wants to take any wages.

Honestly i can see Wingard going 80 this year. I would give you reasons why i think that but then all these richmond supporters would jump down my throat about how I'm going off topic.

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on March 17, 2013, 12:20:43 AM
An agreement? No richmond supporter wants to take any wages.

Honestly i can see Wingard going 80 this year. I would give you reasons why i think that but then all these richmond supporters would jump down my throat about how I'm going off topic.

Noz ill put $100 down right now you peanut.. Name the wager

elephants

Do it! Do it!

Add each other on facebook so you can pin each other down to collect your dough hahaha!

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on March 17, 2013, 12:26:32 AM
Do it! Do it!

Add each other on facebook so you can pin each other down to collect your dough hahaha!

Its gonna be here for all to see mate. If he dogs on the bet everyones gonna know ;)

Noz

Honestly i don't see why money has to be involved when every other bet on this site simply results in picture challenges or stuff like that.

quinny88

Considering that your statement was that "Chad Wingard will be a better player that Martin by the end of the season"
I guess we need to cover all fields that would indicate someone being a "better player". Luckily they are both Midfielders that can go forward so they are easy to compare. So lets go with a list and whoever gets the most things wins.
The only rule I would have is that they both play at least 16 games and some stats work on average in case someone misses a month and the other player plays a full season. Fair enough?

- Brownlow votes
- B&F placing
- Avg disposals
- Total goals
- DT avg
- SC avg

Anything else?

P.s missing footy because they have been dropped isnt included, only if they are injured do they get off

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on March 17, 2013, 12:38:46 AM
Honestly i don't see why money has to be involved when every other bet on this site simply results in picture challenges or stuff like that.

Well you were so certain Noz? and you were pretty sure of yourself when you were saying no Richmond supporters want to take your wagers. Well heres a wager.. Put your money where your mouth is? Hell.. Lets make it $200?

tbagrocks

What about being suspended for drugs :o

Why do you people insist on underating Chad? Second year player yes but a star, sure Dusty should gun but Chad will be much better this year

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 17, 2013, 12:49:01 AM

Why do you people insist on underating Chad? Second year player yes but a star, sure Dusty should gun but Chad will be much better this year

Im not underestimating him but to say he will pass Dustin Martin in his 2nd season is a crazy statement.
Seeings you agree with Noz maybe you would like to put some money on it too tbag? Happy to go whatever price you like

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on March 17, 2013, 12:49:01 AM

Purely out of interest - Graham Johncock or Gary Ablett?

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on March 17, 2013, 12:07:01 AM
Acting like sheep because I'm one of 2 people on this entire forum agreeing with an opinion Baaa

Nothing's proven is it?

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/afl/richmond-tigers-look-to-improve-dustin-martins-attitude/story-e6frf9io-1226508669243

- Counselling after a STRING of incidents over the past couple of months
- Of field behaviour has NOT improved since his round 15 suspension
- Starting talks about a long term deal but the club have had misgivings about his off field behaviour

Another article perhaps

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-star-dustin-martin-still-learning-life-skills-required-of-afl-players/story-e6freck3-1226554501428

- Hardwick had to pull Martin aside to discus his of season behaviour
- Struggling to balance football and his off field life

Noz what exactly is this proving? That Martin has had some off field issues and the club were working with him to sort his life out? Dont think it says hes a drug lord or a gangster or murderer in that article.. We know he had issues but the rumours about what the issues were is what has irritated everyone because they are a load of BS. And those articles are old..
these are the most recent ones.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-rubbishes-a-torrent-of-rumours-concerning-midfielder-dustin-martin/story-e6frf3e3-1226579343800#.UURsNRxTaSo

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/teams/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-tips-big-season-from-dustin-martin/story-e6frf9mx-1226595854126

Sounds like hes on a pretty good track to me and the rumours were all rubbish. Unless Hardwick is a compulsive liar  ::)

elephants

Just finished reading Benny Cousins biography and Hardwick is no liar!

Noz

Quote from: quinny88 on March 17, 2013, 12:45:36 AM
Quote from: Noz on March 17, 2013, 12:38:46 AM

Well you were so certain Noz? and you were pretty sure of yourself when you were saying no Richmond supporters want to take your wagers. Well heres a wager.. Put your money where your mouth is? Hell.. Lets make it $200?

Why stop at money lets make it our first born child