Main Menu

Martin on the trade table

Started by nrich102, March 15, 2013, 08:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 02, 2013, 02:46:16 AM
This will be interesting in July

Unless the spud gets his game on

2014 Wingard better, let's see if the Richmond idiot is any good this year, or hello Jurrah territory

Terrible call. Incredibly different circumstances.

Quote from: Sid on April 02, 2013, 02:31:14 AM
Quote from: elephants on April 02, 2013, 01:53:03 AM
Watts was showerhouse hahahaha. I would have knocked up 20 odd touches on Watts yesterday :P
I think that makes you better than both Martin and Wingard.. :P

Fine, you got me. I'm Gary Ablett :P

quinny88

Hahaha Noz I know you are thick but surely you don't have your head that far up your own ass that you think Port will get anywhere near the 8 let alone the top?

And it's been 1 game Tbag.. Richmond actually played some quality opposition in which Martin was just ok. You guys act like he is terrible if he doesn't have 30 possessions and kick 4 goals  ::) Wingard was still average in a 13 goal win against a team that couldn't be less interested if the tried.. What a hero!
Martin will be a country mile ahead of him by seasons end and in the mean time talk to me after a few games have actually been played to determine form rather than getting stuck in after a game where They were equal anyway

quinny88

And tbag if you wanna jump to conclusions after 1 round then lets do that.
Adelaide are rubbish, Tex is a dud and you spent all off season talking up dangerfield being better than Cotchin then he comes out and gets smashed while Cotchin dominates.. Once again!
Or is it a bit early to make those calls after 1 game?  ::)

TeeJay

HAHA I just spent a good 15 minutes reading through all of this thread and boy............ South Australians really are a thick bunch aren't they!!!

I don't go for either team but come on!
Chad Wingard wouldn't carry Dustin Martins bags!

Martin is a regarded as one of the best up and coming players in the AFL. He burst onto the AFL scene with an instant impact which he improved further on on his 2nd season and then faded slightly in his 3rd.  He is primed to become elite. Wingard is a scrawny 2nd year kid! He is no where near ready to go to an elite level.... Yet!

You will be able to end this bet after 6 weeks because it will be that obvious by then!
I hope you have nice legs Noz because you will be showing them off for everyone in a pretty dress soon hahahahaha

P.s neither port or the crowd will play finals in 2013. That's my garuntee ;)

Noz

Going to SA this year and facing one of the Adelaide teams will be the second hardest test in the AFL this year (first being WA)
Port can very well have 8-9 wins on the board before the bye
Melbourne A
Giants H
Crows H
Suns A
Eagles H
North A
Richmond H
Carlton A
Geelong H
Bulldogs A

We could be 4-0 before facing Eagles at home

Adelaide were a top 4 team for a reason they will bounce back.

TeeJay along with many others are just oblivious to talent outside of Victoria for example we are building what could be one of the best midfields in the comp and Adelaide are building a team that could be the best depth club in the comp.

Oh and I do have good legs mate.

quinny88

Haha you are getting way ahead of yourself Noz. You guys played 6 debutants on the weekend and all of them played well. That's not going to hold up against anyone that is even remotely interested. Kids play good one week then do nothing the next week. Port were good but the main standout was how bad and uninterested Melbourne were. You won't be on 8 wins at the half way mark, you could easily lose to gws this weekend. Where do you count 8 wins??

quinny88

And I can happily say I would rather go to face port at aami over freo at subi, west coast at subi, Sydney at the scg, Brisbane at the gabba. Port and there 10 supporters that show up to their games are hardly a threatening prospect

Noz

We played 3 debutants Wines, Mitchell and Neade the rest had played before

Melbourne, Giants, Crows, Suns, North, Ricmond, Bulldogs we will have wins against

We thrashed Carlton last year so that could continue anything can happen at home against Geelong and Eagles.

It will be tough but we can get 8 wins.

TheAnt

tbag, Dangerfield 63? Guess 1 score makes him a spud right  ::)
Noz, that is one of the most ridiculous statements i've heard all year, Port might push up to 12-14th max.
Also it's ridiculous to talk about disposal efficiency when Port were playing against witches hats and Jack Viney and Richmond were playing an intense match...

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on April 02, 2013, 01:17:52 PM

Melbourne, Giants, Crows, Suns, North, Ricmond, Bulldogs we will have wins against

We thrashed Carlton last year so that could continue anything can happen at home against Geelong and Eagles.

If you actually think that Noz then I feel sorry for you because reality is gonna hit you like a ton of bricks when you don't win most of those games and finish in the bottom 6. And I thought tbag was one eyed  ::)

AFEV

Quote from: Noz on April 02, 2013, 01:17:52 PM

I would think you will only win 1 of those...Against GWS...And even that is a danger game. :-\
If you win 8 I will sleep with pyro.

Also if playing SA teams in Adelaide is going to be so hard how come Adelaide lost there by 6 goals to a team that pretty much everyone seems to rate bottom 10?

elephants

I see 3-4 wins for Port there.

Melb, GWS and then one or two of Crows/Suns/North/Bulldogs.

Noz

I would ask you guys how you think you can beat us but than I rembered you guys don't see any clubs improving outside of Victoria.

AFEV

Quote from: Noz on April 02, 2013, 07:18:56 PM
I would ask you guys how you think you can beat us but than I rembered you guys don't see any clubs improving outside of Victoria.
I think it's more a case of SA folks being extremely biased. I see huge improvement coming for GC, Brisbane and Freo this year. Just think Port is still a step behind.

Noz

Once again your point is invalid since i am not a South Australian i am Victorian.