Main Menu

Top 50's Thread

Started by MTTY, March 14, 2013, 06:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

I see quinny has placed his opinion of the Top 50 AFL players up (after Mike Sheahan, released his), so since i didn't want to impose on quinny's thread i thought i'd open one up for everyone to post their opinions.

MTTY

MTTY's Top 50 AFL players

1. Gary Ablett Jnr

2. Dean Cox

3. Lance Franklin

4. Josh P Kennedy

5. Patrick Dangerfield

6. Scott Pendlebury

7. Matthew Pavlich

8. Dayne Beams

9. Jobe Watson

10. Aaron Sandilands

11. Trent Cotchin

12. Dane Swan

13. Nathan Fyfe

14. Steve Johnson

15. Jarryd Roughead

16. Brett Deledio

17. Andrew Swallow

18. Marc Murphy

19. Ted Richards

20. Jack Riewoldt

21. Andrew Carrazzo

22. Joel Selwood

23. Scott Selwood

24. Taylor Walker

25. Nic Naitanui

26. Luke McPharlin

27. Brendon Goddard

28. Ivan Maric

29. Tom Hawkins

30. Sam Mitchell

31. Ryan O'Keefe

32. Chris Judd

33. Beau Waters

34. Brad Ebert

35. Matthew Boyd

36. Bryce Gibbs

37. Kieran Jack

38. Jack Darling

39. Harley Bennell

40. Jimmy Bartel

41. Darren Glass

42. Ryan Griffen

43. Alex Rance

44. Scott Thompson (Ade)

45. Scott Thompson (NM)

46. Patrick Ryder

47. Jonathan Giles

48. Callan Ward

49. Grant Birchall

50. Ryan Crowley

Anubis

Fyfe is the most over rated player in the league. Better than Joel Selwood, Brett Deledio and Marc Murphy? NO WAY

tbagrocks

MTTY

Quote from: Anubis on March 14, 2013, 08:04:28 PM
Fyfe is the most over rated player in the league. Better than Joel Selwood, Brett Deledio and Marc Murphy? NO WAY

Valid opinion, not in my opinion however....

Anubis

Quote from: MTTY on March 14, 2013, 08:38:28 PM

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so I won't rip into yours. I'm just curious to know why Fyfe is #13 on your list when he has had ONE good season (where he wasn't even in the best 13 players that year anyway)? He is a GOOD player and has a rare set of talents, but the other guys are GREAT players.

quinny88

Nice work MTTY. Well placed and balanced list.
Only one I would disagree with is Sandilands. Just misses to many games and in the twilight of his career
Like the list appart from that though. Not an easy thing to do

MTTY

Quote from: Anubis on March 14, 2013, 10:18:55 PM
Quote from: MTTY on March 14, 2013, 08:38:28 PM

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so I won't rip into yours. I'm just curious to know why Fyfe is #13 on your list when he has had ONE good season (where he wasn't even in the best 13 players that year anyway)? He is a GOOD player and has a rare set of talents, but the other guys are GREAT players.

Exactly the reason he rates so high on my list, his rare set of skills that make him a better player than others. Along with the fact that he deals with attention better than Murphy, for the time being. Deledio and Selwood could be argued to be above him, however i see him as having the better all-round skills, particularly when paired against Selwood. Selwood's main strength is contested ball, however he isn't as dangerous forward of centre as players like Deledio, Fyfe, Dangerfield or even Kennedy.

So looking back on it, there is an argument within my reasoning for Deledio to be considered and rated higher than Fyfe on my list, going off my opinion.

MTTY

Quote from: quinny88 on March 14, 2013, 10:22:46 PM
Nice work MTTY. Well placed and balanced list.
Only one I would disagree with is Sandilands. Just misses to many games and in the twilight of his career
Like the list appart from that though. Not an easy thing to do

Cheers quinny, loved your indepth work over on your top 50. Great list too.  :)